Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 8:27:26 AM EDT
I need to open a new bank down here. Which one is the best? I need check card and web services. What I don't want is hassle and crap loads of miscellaneous fees.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I use SunTrust.  Best...?  dunno.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't use a bank, I belong to a Credit Union.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Credit Union - any one you can join.

Cheaper for everything, most refund you some interest at the end of the year if you have a loan with them (non-profit) and they have a great network of service centers in Virginia (if you belong to any credit union you can use any service center which do 99% of what you what you need).  Seems like a no-brainer to me, which is why the banks were so hell-bent on keeping people from being able to join them.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't use any of them.  Revealing my bank of choice on the net is stoopid.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Go look on the door of each of these banks.  Whichever one does not have a No Guns sign posted should be your bank.  I believe that Wachovia and Bank of America both have such signs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...  I believe that Wachovia and Bank of America both have such signs.

Wachovia definitely does!

Sadly, I have an account with them (and it’s to my advantage to keep it).  OTOH, I probably enter the bank only once or twice a year.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to sound like a broken record, but no credit union service center I've ever been in around the Richmond or NOVA area has ever had a "no guns" sign.  I open carry every time I go to them in the late Spring/Summer/early Fall timeframe, and have never had them blink.  In fact, one branch I went into thought it was so cool they asked me to run their staff through a basic handgun course.  Imagine getting that kind of service at a Wachovia or FUSA branch .

Black Fox
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't seen a no guns sign at Bank of America.  I know BB&T is anti, though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been with BoA for 12 years or so now and have no complaints. When I opened my business checking account, the branch manager asked me for some business cards and she hands them out to people getting construction and remodeling loans. Also, no signs forbidding firearms, at least not in my area.

ETA: Online banking and checkcards are free. Also fees are minimal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]
When I lived in Virginia I used Navy Federal Credit Union and Crestar.   I dont know if either of these two have changed names or not
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
All I can say is SunTrust sucks the root. I had nothing but problems and pulled my account.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:48:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I use Sun Trust.  Best...?  dunno.

I've had Sun Trust fuck me so many time i can't count for the last 7 year's I've used Bank of America and been happy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:31:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Credit Unions for sure......Banks suck
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#15]
navy federal credit union roolz!

man, i'd tell ya to go to www.buyblue.com and see if your bank is listed there (many many of them are) but their list is down...
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I use Chevy Chase in NOVA cause their ATMs are everywhere, malls, airports, grocery stores...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top