Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 7:33:02 AM EDT
No bill of rights, no freedom of speech... other than that, how is life in BC?  Frankly it looks like a paradise to me, and I'm setting my sights on this area of the world.  How would you rate life in BC vs Washington or Oregon?

Gun stuff is interesting,  but not a total deal breaker.  I can live with a Garand, which appears to be legal in CA.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No bill of rights, no freedom of speech... other than that, how is life in BC?  Frankly it looks like a paradise to me, and I'm setting my sights on this area of the world.  How would you rate life in BC vs Washington or Oregon?

Gun stuff is interesting,  but not a total deal breaker.  I can live with a Garand, which appears to be legal in CA.

No CCW, but better gun wise than California. Gun laws are federal, no provincial laws.

AR15 OK
M1A/M14 OK
HK SL8 OK
M96 OK
SKS D OK
AR180B OK
Garand OK
M1 Carbine OK

You can even own an XCR, should they ever become available. 5 rnd mag limit for semi auto centerfire rifle.

No AK, FNFAL, many others also banned

www.wolverinesupplies.com

Canadian law currently prohibits .25/.32 cal handguns, and those with barrels under 4.14". 10 round mag limit for handgun.

Handguns registered since 1934, all guns registered since 99/2000.

Vancouver is like 3rd largest city in Canada, so all the usual big city liberal/crime issues and problems, but believe it or not I'd say on the whole provincial government is more conservative than WA State government and is friendly towards gun owners. North/Central B.C. is basically like Alberta.

But this is Canada. Taxed to the $#@$% hilt, new Conservative government hasn't started fixing gun laws yet. Lots of looney liberals still in the east, don't get me started on Quebec.

Canada. Come for the scenery, stay for the stupidity
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top