Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 3:58:04 AM EDT
Is there a way to get a tag or something?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The last I knew you had to put your name in a drawing and hope for the best.  If your name gets pulled you had to go thru a class run by the state to show you how to handle the critters and such.  Back in '89 when I put my name in and didn't get it the permit cost about $250 IIRC.

My boss got pulled and that is why I know what he had to do.  He went out and bought a new Ranger bass boat so he had something to get on the water with.  He got his limit in the first 2 weeks of Sept, and a gator got a nice chunk of the boat too.  

That is about I can remember.  The hoops you have to jump thru might have changed by now.

Rich B
Orlando
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:31:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The last I knew you had to put your name in a drawing and hope for the best.  If your name gets pulled you had to go thru a class run by the state to show you how to handle the critters and such.  Back in '89 when I put my name in and didn't get it the permit cost about $250 IIRC.

My boss got pulled and that is why I know what he had to do.  He went out and bought a new Ranger bass boat so he had something to get on the water with.  He got his limit in the first 2 weeks of Sept, and a gator got a nice chunk of the boat too.  

That is about I can remember.  The hoops you have to jump thru might have changed by now.

Rich B
Orlando

That's what I thought, a lottery. I dont want a bunch of 'em, just one. I'm thinking of moving and there's an 11 footer in the creek out back of the place.
What are the rules for nuisance gators?
If he attacks my cat can I shoot him? Not that a rule would stop me from shooting him in that case but I'd like to know in case it happens.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Do what you feel needs to be done.

Just dont get caught...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a trapping permit, and last tie I checked it was over $1000 for the permit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What's involved in taking a gator legally?

Usually one of these.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Harpooning is a favorite.

State law requires hunters to catch an alligator before killing it. That could mean corralling a 200 pound, thrashing gator with massive teeth and steel-trap jaws before taking the fatal shot.

Floridians, and non-residents as well, may take up to 2 alligators.

Alligator management
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
BETWEEN THE EYES ON TOP OF THE HEAD!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top