Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/11/2015 4:29:16 PM EST
My mother recently passed away and I am the executor of her limited estate. She had a small apartment but she had a life time of "stuff" packed in there. Everybody always commented that it looked like a gift shop. My wife and I have removed personal items, financials, pictures , Etc... What is left would certainly be of value to some one but I have no idea what to do with it. Settling her estate will leave no money and I still have the costs of burial.

Does anybody know of an organization or company that would come in take everything for a price. I'm not looking to get rich I'd just like to make a little to help with the final expenses.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:36:31 PM EST
Check out an Estate and Household sale company. They come in, help separate things and run a sale.

Here's one in my area to give you an idea. Probably the easiest thing I can think of. If your not willing to do the homework and take the stuff for your own yard sale/ebay type thing.

http://www.daisyestatesales.com/Services
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:35:29 PM EST
A local auctioneer might be willing to take everything and sell it. Depending upon the value versus effort, you might consider contacting a local used furniture store and seeing if they will agree to take everything from her apartment (the good and the worthless).

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:46:58 PM EST
OP, an auctioneer is the way to go. You won't make much money off of it, but you'll be rid of the stuff. What part of the state, or town, if you don't mind sharing?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:44:30 PM EST
I took every thing of personal value and just deiced to let the other residents of the building have at the rest of the stuff. Her estate is not going to probate so I'm leery about making any money off of the rest of her furniture. Whatever else is left I'll donate to a local charity.

Thanks to those who replied.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:50:11 PM EST
I am sorry to hear about your Ma'.

I have nothing to add but sympathy. Maybe as you donate that stuff you can find a charity with sympathy, Salvation Army, maybe or a local church group.
Top Top