Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 3:56:19 PM EST
Got a few days left in Whitehall and was wondering if there was any cool gun stores to see? If you can post the addy makes it easier with the GPS to find .

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:33:26 PM EST
Check out Donley's in Quakertown. I've heard good things about his shop. Plus, he spent ~20 mins on the phone talking guns/practical shoots and I've never met the man before.

http://www.gunrunner1000.com/

Donley's Gun Shop
48 North Belmont Ave.
Quakertown, PA 18951

Phone: 215-529-6578

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:58:29 PM EST
I don't know if TN has a Cabelas store, if not that is definitely worth the 25 min trip. Schukyll Valley Gunworks is supposed to have a decent shop (i have never been there), it is 10 min from Cabelas.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:42:29 PM EST
Cabelas is diffintly worth the trip. If you have kids they would love the animal display they have setup. You could literally spend the entire day at Cabelas and still not see everything. They have guns,bows,ammo,fishing, knives, all kinds of camping gear, a little restrauant upstairs, funiture, a big fish aquarium( which is really cool) sorta like minature seaworld.

Umm.. you also have Bushkill falls up Rt 209. in Bushkill,pa. -
http://www.visitbushkillfalls.com/

There is the crayola factory in easton pa. (for kids of course , and i've not been there)
http://www.crayola.com/factory/

Night time activity- Up pass Whitehall, there is a few drive inn movie theaters.
http://www.beckysdi.com

In Hellertown, off of 412 there is the underground cave . lost caverns or something like that.

Or you could just take a scenic ride along the delaware river on rt. 611.

Well, hope that help some.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:28:16 AM EST
Kids are at home, i travel for work, seen the Cabela's on the drive in. ill going to try to check out a few fun shops listed. i am here til thursday morn, then off to Hamilton, NJ for 7 days. thanks for the info
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:53:20 PM EST
When I was working in Tower City we hit a shop called Keefers. It's in Pine Grove, only another 30mins or so from Cabelas.

138 Keefer Rd
Pine Grove PA 17963

He's a really cool dude- He works days so I don't think the shop opens till like 4ish but he has a helluva lot of used stuff and some new, don't be afraid to ask if he has something.... he had some rarities hidden away .
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:23:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By fergie0660:
Kids are at home, i travel for work, seen the Cabela's on the drive in. ill going to try to check out a few fun shops listed. i am here til thursday morn, then off to Hamilton, NJ for 7 days. thanks for the info

FYI, Be careful if you purchased any hollow-point ammo (even .22LR) at Cabelas. It is considered illegal to transport in NJ, except in a few cases, such as place of purchase to dwelling, dwelling to range, place of purchase to range. If you don't fall into those examples you WILL have trouble.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:34:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By Vulture774:
FYI, Be careful if you purchased any hollow-point ammo (even .22LR) at Cabelas. It is considered illegal to transport in NJ, except in a few cases, such as place of purchase to dwelling, dwelling to range, place of purchase to range. If you don't fall into those examples you WILL have trouble.

The only time you will have trouble with HP ammo in NJ is if you are committing a crime...such as robbery, assault, etc...then they use the HP ammo to increase the charges against you. If you buy some HP ammo and are transporting it in your trunk or way in the back of your car as per NJ laws, and not on a crime spree, you shouldnt have any problems.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 2:39:24 AM EST
Was going to check out the gun shops on thursday on our way to NJ but had to finish up a day earlier than expected. So now i am in Jersey. Thanks for the reply on stuff to do ill probably be in some other area of PA later on this year.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:25:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By Fishpaw:
Originally Posted By Vulture774:

The only time you will have trouble with HP ammo in NJ is if you are committing a crime...such as robbery, assault, etc...then they use the HP ammo to increase the charges against you. If you buy some HP ammo and are transporting it in your trunk or way in the back of your car as per NJ laws, and not on a crime spree, you shouldnt have any problems.

OK..

This is from the NJ State Police website: http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Provided certain conditions are met, a sportsman may transport and use hollow point ammunition. There are no restrictions preventing a sportsman from keeping such ammunition at his home.

N.J.S.A 2C:39-3f(1) limits the possession of hollow nose ammunition. However, there is a general exception that allows for the purchase of this ammunition but restricts the possession of it to specified locations. This exception provides that:

(2) Nothing is sub section f (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land . . . [N.J.S.A 26:39-3g (2)].

Thus a person may purchase this ammunition and keep it within the confines of his property. Sub section f (1) further exempts from the prohibited possession of hollow nose ammunition "persons engaged in activities pursuant to N.J.S.A 2C:39-6f. . . ."
N.J.S.A 26:39-3f. (1).

Activities contained in N.J.S.A 26:39-6f. can be broken down as follows:

1.A member of a rifle or pistol club organized under rules of the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and which filed its charter with the State Police;
2.A person engaged in hunting or target practice with a firearm legal for hunting in this State;
3.A person going directly to a target range, and;
4.A person going directly to an authorized place for "practice, match, target, trap or skeet shooting exhibitions."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be careful......
Top Top