Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 9:15:31 PM EDT
I'm coming to Nashville the 19,20, and 21st for a work conference, and need to know where the fun is?  We'll be staying at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.  What kinda nightlife is close?  any good gunstores?  CCW laws, if a restaurant serves alcohol, is carry prohibited?  Any Gentlemen's clubs?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
There are two gun shows in town that weekend.  The least interesting of the two is at the Fairgrounds, which is just a short drive from Opryland.  The second, and better show, is in Smyrna, which is just a tad further from Opryland.
Directions to show in Smyrna.
Directions to show at the Fairgrounds.

There are plenty of gun shops in the area.  Since you'll be at Opryland, you might want to slide over to Opry Mills Mall and check out Bass Pro Shop.  Most of the local shops will be closed on Sunday and Monday (19th and 20th).

There is no carry allowed in a restaurant which serves alcohol for on premise consumption.

There are several "gentleman's clubs", but local ordinances have taken a lot of the fun out of them.  The "gentlemen" aren't allowed to touch the "dancers" in any way, shape, or form.  You're not even allowed to slip a dollar bill into their g-string.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Jeep,

Everyone knows that Menages is much better than TSC.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
2nd Ave & Broadway is where you want to party, IMO. Lots of bars, clubs, places to eat, etc.

I live about 2 minutes from Opryland Hotel, shoot me an IM before you leave & we'll hook up if you like?

Some of us are also trying to gather for the gun show in Smyrna, you're welcome to tag along there as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Jeep,

Everyone knows that Menages is much better than TSC.

Every one knows that, but Menages is very single guy unfriendly.....or so I've heard
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
2nd Ave & Broadway is where you want to party, IMO. Lots of bars, clubs, places to eat, etc.

I live about 2 minutes from Opryland Hotel, shoot me an IM before you leave & we'll hook up if you like?

Some of us are also trying to gather for the gun show in Smyrna, you're welcome to tag along there as well.

I'll probably do that when I get the schedule for the conference, I doubt I'll be able to make the show as it actually starts at noon on Sunday, but if there is something I can skip, I'd rather be at a gunshow!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Everything has been covered pretty well that I could add. Hope you like your stay in TN.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Don't forget Printer's Alley, about 3-4 blocks away.  Great Jazz bar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top