Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:08:51 PM EDT
Okay, a couple of statements...

1. I've had a sucky day at work.
2. I love introducing people to the world of firearms but the love turns to hate when they get stupid or lazy.

Now since that's out of the way, on with the show….

The rants of the day are:

1. People that post rants.

2. Folks that post topics such as “Which gun should I buy?”. My god people, if you have got money to burn then give it to a charity. If you haven’t a clue on what you would want to get then you’re not ready to own a firearm.

3. Starting polls that say, “Which one should I get?”. This only shows that you may not have invested time in research. I can believe an honest attempt when I read “I’m trying to decide between x, y, or z. Does anyone have a thoughts about these?”

4. No more questions like…
· How do I buy a gun?
· Where can I find a lower parts kit?
· Why is my takedown pin tight?
· Where can I find the best deal on XYZ?
· What lube should I use?

All of these type questions can be answered by Google, an FAQ or the owner’s manual.

I have absolutely no problem with people that have a problem or question, tried to answer it themselves, or honestly haven’t a clue. I always give people the benefit of the doubt but a line has to be drawn somewhere. I guess I’ve been inundated with people today that refuse to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and I snapped when I was reading the general forums this afternoon. I know that we were new to the firearm world once but someone has to help teach people to be more self-reliant.

Hi, my name is BigGeorge. I’m not only a member of  “Prek for a Day”, I’m the president.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I see you spent some time today in either a gun store, AR15.com General Discussion, or both.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I see you spent some time today in either a gun store, AR15.com General Discussion, or both.  

+1020034920482-349-2394-0234
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Okay, a couple of statements...

1. I've had a sucky day at work.
2. I love introducing people to the world of firearms but the love turns to hate when they get stupid or lazy.

Now since that's out of the way, on with the show….

The rants of the day are:

1. People that post rants.

2. Folks that post topics such as “Which gun should I buy?”. My god people, if you have got money to burn then give it to a charity. If you haven’t a clue on what you would want to get then you’re not ready to own a firearm.

3. Starting polls that say, “Which one should I get?”. This only shows that you may not have invested time in research. I can believe an honest attempt when I read “I’m trying to decide between x, y, or z. Does anyone have a thoughts about these?”

4. No more questions like…
· How do I buy a gun?
· Where can I find a lower parts kit?
· Why is my takedown pin tight?
· Where can I find the best deal on XYZ?
· What lube should I use?

All of these type questions can be answered by Google, an FAQ or the owner’s manual.

I have absolutely no problem with people that have a problem or question, tried to answer it themselves, or honestly haven’t a clue. I always give people the benefit of the doubt but a line has to be drawn somewhere. I guess I’ve been inundated with people today that refuse to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and I snapped when I was reading the general forums this afternoon. I know that we were new to the firearm world once but someone has to help teach people to be more self-reliant.

Hi, my name is BigGeorge. I’m not only a member of  “Prek for a Day”, I’m the president.

Yea... What he said.

Cheer up George, Only about 4 more months of shitty weather and we will be able to enjoy our 1 month of nice summer weather!

Buck up there little camper,

Cabin fever has a grip on us all!!!!!

Hope to see you in Oshkosh

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yea... What he said.

Cheer up George, Only about 4 more months of shitty weather and we will be able to enjoy our 1 month of nice summer weather!

Buck up there little camper,

Cabin fever has a grip on us all!!!!!

Hope to see you in Oshkosh

Ya, I regret posting that (kinda ) I don't know if I'll make Oshkosh but the Military show is this weekend down in Janesville. I haven't been to one so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Amen brother....    I frequently felt the same way.  But then I think, if they want to post it, let them.  I know that I have read some posts that don't have much content that have sparked some idea or thought in my head...  

My general census is that if I think it is what I would call a "lazy post", I just don't read the thread.  And trust me it's not just ar15.com... it's ALL OVER.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!  Another gun show in Oshkosh.  It looks like the show is Feb 17-19.  I will be there at least one day, and I look forward to seeing some new faces.  Hey Lumberjacker, will you have an AR15.com sign on your table?  Maybe I will wear an AR15.com sign on my back.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sweet!  Another gun show in Oshkosh.  It looks like the show is Feb 17-19.  I will be there at least one day, and I look forward to seeing some new faces.  Hey Lumberjacker, will you have an AR15.com sign on your table?  Maybe I will wear an AR15.com sign on my back.

Interested in meeting up there? I MAY go, depends how much money I spend between now and then ;)

What are the chances of finding some ghost ring sights for my mossie 500 there?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I would guess that some of the post that seem trivial to you and I are not lazy post but maybe looking for first hand opinoins from people who use product x y or z.  some are lazy but when I go to purchase something for the first time I can read the reviews about it or product description on line.  I like to know what real people think of it who are using it or got rid of it for a certian reason.  just my .02

BTH out
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]
^^^ You're probably right.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Dale,

You have been out of touch, all WI members now have pink AR15.com jumpsuits!
Mine is a 6XL. Thats a good look!

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dale,

You have been out of touch, all WI members now have pink AR15.com jumpsuits!
Mine is a 6XL. Thats a good look!

Damn.  Where can I get hold of one before the show?  Don't worry Lumberjacker, I will recognize you with or without your AR15.com sign!   It would just be nice if we had some sort of common point to gravitate toward.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ya, I regret posting that (kinda ) I don't know if I'll make Oshkosh but the Military show is this weekend down in Janesville. I haven't been to one so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

What is the info on the show this weekend? Location? Times? Maybe I'll head out there for a bit. I havent been to one of those either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is the info on the show this weekend? Location? Times? Maybe I'll head out there for a bit. I havent been to one of those either.

Don't you have an Arctic Shakedown at BulletcatchR's place to attend?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Don't you have an Arctic Shakedown at BulletcatchR's place to attend?  

Nah. Left a message with None. I will be in Milwaukee on Saturday for a family thing. Otherwise I would.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
  It would just be nice if we had some sort of common point to gravitate toward.

Ain't that what lumberjacker's table is for???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top