Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 5/2/2009 6:45:59 PM EDT
What a weekend I'd rather be at work. Tuesday fuel tank on Trans Am starts leaking. Thursday drain the tank and find it has been patched up before by previous owner who fubar'ed it. Spend half the day removing old patch/drain tank /repatch. Put everything back together and car wont start. Friday trouble shoot everything to find out fuel pump is now bad. Saturday call oreilys and napa to price fuel pump orielys = $104 napa = $78. Drive to napa pick up pump. Drive home and begin to put it back together and realize they sold me the wrong pump. Call napa to realize they are closed until monday. Take napa fuel pump to oreilys to verify its wrong. Spend another $104 for correct fuel pump. Take correct fuel pump home to find out it is NOT correct fuel pump. Return to oreilys to get THE CORRECT fuel pump. Attached CORRECT fuel pump car runs. Get under car to make sure every thing is good to go and find that patch in fuel tank is leaking again.FUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKK
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:05:18 PM EDT
I just put an axle in the wife's 99 TA last week. What year is yours?
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:34:55 AM EDT
89 GTA
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:09:08 AM EDT
Get a Dodge next time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:35:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wyattearp880:
89 GTA

you sir have my sympanthies,I had still have it 86bird,its sittin in my pasture rusting down....
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:57:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By twistergixxer:
89 GTA

you sir have my sympanthies,I had still have it 86bird,its sittin in my pasture rusting down....

I love the car and want to restore it someday but it is sure PISSING me off right now. And as far as Dodge goes I like them too my brother in law runs carter county Dodge in Ardmore and I have been thinking about trading my Jeep in on one of those new Chalengers. I would have to get the cheapest one with the V6 cause thats all I can afford but it would still be nice. My dad has an original 1970 Chalenger RT he restored.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:34:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By danc46:
Get a Dodge next time.

Yeah, the Dodge Trans Ams are badass!
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 6:54:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By twistergixxer:
89 GTA

I love the car and want to restore it someday but it is sure PISSING me off right now. And as far as Dodge goes I like them too my brother in law runs carter county Dodge in Ardmore and I have been thinking about trading my Jeep in on one of those new Chalengers. I would have to get the cheapest one with the V6 cause thats all I can afford but it would still be nice. My dad has an original 1970 Chalenger RT he restored.

yea I love my bird,it was the most fun car I ever owned,but I drove it into the ground,wore it out,now I got bitten by the Jeep bug,been looking for a CJ or somthing like it for a while,had a dodge raider for a while it was a POS. those dodge raiders/monteros were dodges biggest mistake.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:28:17 AM EDT
Dang. You guys should come here and help out with all my projects.

1) 1970 Camaro- Vortec headed 350. Almost done, wifes ride.

2) 1970 Camaro- currently stripped down. I have a built 454 and 700R4 to go in it.

3) 1976 Jeep J-10 Honcho. 360 and 4 speed. 3 inch lift with 33s on it. My "puttin around" truck. just finished redoing the interior.

4) 1947 Chevy Truck. I subframed it with one from a 78 Camaro. Looks pitiful.

5) 1977 Jeep J-10. 258 and Th400. Runs and drives, but may end up rusting away before I actually get to it

6) 1978 Jeep J-10 360 and Th400. parts truck.

Now that I've actually listed it, I have a lot of junk Hard to believe that around 6 months ago I hauled 3 or 4 loads to the scrapyard

These dont count the wifes 99 TA and my 02 Z-28
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:07:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Chucks1911:

2) 1970 Camaro- currently stripped down. I have a built 454 and 700R4 to go in it.

3) 1976 Jeep J-10 Honcho. 360 and 4 speed. 3 inch lift with 33s on it. My "puttin around" truck. just finished redoing the interior.

5) 1977 Jeep J-10. 258 and Th400. Runs and drives, but may end up rusting away before I actually get to it

Now that I've actually listed it, I have a lot of junk Hard to believe that around 6 months ago I hauled 3 or 4 loads to the scrapyard

Hell, if you mow that back pasture, you may find some you forgot about!!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:40:32 AM EDT
What a weekend I'd rather be at work. Tuesday fuel tank on Trans Am starts leaking. Thursday drain the tank and find it has been patched up before by previous owner who fubar'ed it. Spend half the day removing old patch/drain tank /repatch. Put everything back together and car wont start. Friday trouble shoot everything to find out fuel pump is now bad. Saturday call oreilys and napa to price fuel pump orielys = $104 napa = $78. Drive to napa pick up pump. Drive home and begin to put it back together and realize they sold me the wrong pump. Call napa to realize they are closed until monday. Take napa fuel pump to oreilys to verify its wrong. Spend another $104 for correct fuel pump. Take correct fuel pump home to find out it is NOT correct fuel pump. Return to oreilys to get THE CORRECT fuel pump. Attached CORRECT fuel pump car runs. Get under car to make sure every thing is good to go and find that patch in fuel tank is leaking again.FUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKK

2 words my friend..... JB WELD!!!!!  It fits right up there with Duct Tape and Bailing Wire!!!!!!  If it can't be fixed with any of those it's hopeless.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:49:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By danc46:
Originally Posted By Chucks1911:

Hell, if you mow that back pasture, you may find some you forgot about!!!!

You know, thats entirely possible

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:44:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By higgimw:

2 words my friend..... JB WELD!!!!!  It fits right up there with Duct Tape and Bailing Wire!!!!!!  If it can't be fixed with any of those it's hopeless.

Yep the ol lady spent the morning under the car while I am at work with JB weld and aluminum foil and JB'd the hell out of it. She also fixed the brake lights on the Jeep while she was at it I love my wife being such a tomboy sometimes hell she is a better mechanic than me unless it comes to guns.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:59:20 AM EDT
Take it over to the Pontiac dealer.....oops, nevermind.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:09:38 PM EDT
EXACTLY
Top Top