Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 5:56:58 AM EDT
First and foremost, a new carry gun. and debating on a M4gery clone upper.

With that out of the way, 3k is coming in the mail. Figure I got about 2k to spend.

Lets hear it!

So far I have bought:
Glock 23C
Galco Deep undercover IWB holster
6300 rounds of 22LR
1000 rounds of UMC .40
40 rounds of Hornady 155gr JHP/XTP
8 3" 1oz 12ga slugs for the Norinco

Built a new PC
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
First and foremost, a new carry gun.

you can buy my Glock 23c
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Or you could buy my AK and fix it up!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
First and foremost, a new carry gun.

you can buy my Glock 23c

Very very possible, I'd have to see if I can get myself to visually like them. the "C" is the compensated one correct? Oh.. and it's a Glock Fo-Tay, So it must be handled by a professional.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Invest it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m courious.  Why do people put so much enphisis on the “looks” of a handgun/rifle?  I have a Glock.  I don’t like the “looks” of Glocks.  I like the looks of 1911’s.  I own a Glock and a 1911.  But the 1911 is nothing more than a plinker, I carry the Glock when I need a gun.  Lets not start a Glock/1911 bash.  To me its about function.  I don’t mean to thread crap but the above post made me have to ask.

Mark.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I’m courious.  Why do people put so much enphisis on the “looks” of a handgun/rifle?  I have a Glock.  I don’t like the “looks” of Glocks.  I like the looks of 1911’s.  I own a Glock and a 1911.  But the 1911 is nothing more than a plinker, I carry the Glock when I need a gun.  Lets not start a Glock/1911 bash.  To me its about function.  I don’t mean to thread crap but the above post made me have to ask.

Mark.

No problem at all.. My POV anyways: Figure it like a car (not really but play with me here) I don't think I would be attracted to a 60's VW Bus when there is a Ferrari sitting right next to it. And we all know function over form, simplicity over complexity and not to mention reliability over anything else.

Looks are not the most important thing, but damnitall the eyecandy gets to some people (like me) Thats about as honest to my opinion I can get.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Save a few more dolalrs and buy a M-11. Get one while you can.

Buy a machine gun!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

87?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Very very possible, I'd have to see if I can get myself to visually like them. the "C" is the compensated one correct? Oh.. and it's a Glock Fo-Tay, So it must be handled by a professional.

C=compensated

yes the fo-tay does take an ex-con I mean expert to shoot it

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=336871

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

87?

search here for 6920

or

read here

I thought everyone knew, sorry.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

87?

search here for 6920

or

read here

I thought everyone knew, sorry.

Hehe I'm not a know-it-all. Thanks for the links.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C=compensated

Pffffffffffffttt!

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

C=compensated

Pffffffffffffttt!

img161.imageshack.us/img161/5808/wsglockmedium7yn.jpg

Man I can't believe I missed that. I won't miss the next one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark.

No problem at all.. My POV anyways: Figure it like a car (not really but play with me here) I don't think I would be attracted to a 60's VW Bus when there is a Ferrari sitting right next to it. And we all know function over form, simplicity over complexity and not to mention reliability over anything else.

Looks are not the most important thing, but damnitall the eyecandy gets to some people (like me) Thats about as honest to my opinion I can get.

I can dig it but,  If the VW runs like a champ all the time with little maintenance and the ferrari breaks down every 5 miles.  I'm takin' the V dub.  
If your buying a gun that you are going to trust your life to, the "looks" should be the last thing.  Buy the gun that feels right, works everytime, and you can shoot well.  If you find two that fit that bill, then hey, go for looks..   I'm sure you know this though and am preachin to the chior.    Just ranting for my own benifit.

Mark M.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#16]
There is beauty in simplicity.  I think Glocks are great looking pistols.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Buy a machine gun!

I'm with Cape on this ONE1200 in transfers might be a little steep at once though. Get them all to your dealer, then transfer over time if he's OK with that. I got "THE TALK" from Bernie the last time I needed forms signed, or I'd be on it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#18]

I like the mini version of the HK P2000 that several members here have. They shoot great. If not for that I would say Sig for a carry gun. The mini Glocks are great shooters, but I still feel uneasy after all these years about the safety system/lack of safety system in a gun you will tuck under your belt.

Get a optic for your AR too. I put that above a new upper.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Get a optic for your AR too. I put that above a new upper.

I have a 3-9x carry handle mount scope and a bipod for the AR right now. I figured if I wanted to go the cheap route I could get just a stripped A3 upper, front quad rail, BUIS, Aimpoint (or EOtech) and get extra geeky with a green laser and da-beamz!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#20]
RANGE MEMBERSHIP AND GUN CASES!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Good call on the membership, and my Doskosports are not pimpy enough for ya?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy a machine gun!

I'm with Cape on this ONE1200 in transfers might be a little steep at once though. Get them all to your dealer, then transfer over time if he's OK with that. I got "THE TALK" from Bernie the last time I needed forms signed, or I'd be on it.

That looks like a pretty sweet deal exept for the transfer tax.  Funny, I didn't get a "talk" form Bernie, all I got was a letter that basically said "Please don't ask me again..."
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
my Doskosports are not pimpy enough for ya?

I've got 6 doskosport double gun cases
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy a machine gun!

That looks like a pretty sweet deal exept for the transfer tax.  Funny, I didn't get a "talk" form Bernie, all I got was a letter that basically said "Please don't ask me again..."

My 5th transfer in less than a year. I had another set of forms with me to be signed also. Basically don't ask again for a while and I won't approve an unlimited number. Didn't give a number, just don't bother me for a while. I'm moving out of MC this summer anyway. Too many proposed taxes and boom cars.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Boom cars?

Ones with bass?  You shoot guns....and you can't handle some bass?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy a machine gun!

My 5th transfer in less than a year. I had another set of forms with me to be signed also. Basically don't ask again for a while and I won't approve an unlimited number. Didn't give a number, just don't bother me for a while. I'm moving out of MC this summer anyway. Too many proposed taxes and boom cars.

WTF?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#27]
this is what I wish I could've spent my tax returns on

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=331626
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Buy it!  It's local!  No 4473!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I know its yours but wth does No 4473 mean
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know its yours but wth does No 4473 mean

That means we live in Oregon and are not required to do paperwork to sell a gun to another private party. Guns off the books are NICE.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:54:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Yay.. just checked on the status and the IRS stated that it was mailed out 3/17/06. Now hurry up and get here.... Too bad it won't be here in time for the airsoft and beanie baby show.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
www.glock.com/logo_relief_small.jpg

Played with a few at the gunshow. I can't find anything to dislike besides the XD has a safety on the rear of the grip.

Fits perfect in my hand.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good call on the membership, and my Doskosports are not pimpy enough for ya? hr

Don't take this the wrong way, as I don't know you, or how well you shoot, but I've taken a few courses through the "Oregon Firearms Academy", and if I had money and time, would sign up for more classes.  

Dream class?  Thunder Ranch...  hug.gif

I don't think anyone can ever have too much training.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#35]
/\
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top