Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2013 8:46:08 PM EDT
Part-time resident here looking to pick up an HD gun.  Looking specifically for a used 870 wingmaster magnum/police magnum, 18.5 inches.

Tried gander mountain in Plattsburgh today, but their inventory for used stuff sucks.  Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Vann's Guns, Bradford Rd.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, I'll check them out.  Anywhere else?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Once you fire a new gun it's used...  
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Dick's Country Store

Churubusco, NY

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
might do better going into Vermont or Maine...there isn't a hell of a lot up there in terms of Shops, you'll probably find more "used guns" at a yard sale.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

This. Best. Store. Ever.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
North Creek Trading post has a huge selection of new & used rifles, shotguns, pistols... They have a ton of 223/556 in bulk ammo cans.  They stock hundreds of long guns.
Its right by Gore Mountain.  I think exit 26 on the northway is the closest exit to it?
Only problem is they have weird hours... Oh and no 22lr ammo
Their prices are surprisingly competitive for a north country/ upstate store.
http://www.wantaddigest.com/homebanners/northcreek_trading_30_11.pdf
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Make a trip, come down towards Albany and visit the many stores here. You might be better driving and getting what you want than having slim pickings.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:42:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Performance Shooting in Westville is a real nice shop, not too far from Dick's. I think you can see his inventory on Gunbroker.

There's also Hilltop Hunting near Canton, and Champagne's in Moira.

There should be a few shows soon in Parishville, Bangor, Brasher Falls, and West Potsdam, where you can see several local guys all in one place.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Make a trip, come down towards Albany and visit the many stores here. You might be better driving and getting what you want than having slim pickings.
View Quote

Who do you like in the Albany area?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I go to Zack's in Round Lake (exit 11). B&J on Central in Albany has a good selection and their prices are as expected. There is also Target Sports in Rotterdam. Pretty much the order I go through most things.

When I get further up north I will check out Re-Play Sports in Queensbury. John just moved which means he had to turn in his NYS license to sell pistols and is waiting to get his new one, but he can sell long guns and has used stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
North Creek Trading post has a huge selection of new & used rifles, shotguns, pistols... They have a ton of 223/556 in bulk ammo cans.  They stock hundreds of long guns.
Its right by Gore Mountain.  I think exit 26 on the northway is the closest exit to it?
View Quote

Did they not used to sell guns?  I think that's the store my grandpa used to take me to as a kid, but they didn't sell guns.  We have a summer cabin up that way.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Did they not used to sell guns?  I think that's the store my grandpa used to take me to as a kid, but they didn't sell guns.  We have a summer cabin up that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they just opened up in the past year or two...  I think there are several places with the name trading post in ADKs though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I go to Zack's in Round Lake (exit 11). B&J on Central in Albany has a good selection and their prices are as expected. There is also Target Sports in Rotterdam. Pretty much the order I go through most things.

When I get further up north I will check out Re-Play Sports in Queensbury. John just moved which means he had to turn in his NYS license to sell pistols and is waiting to get his new one, but he can sell long guns and has used stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is re-play now?  They moved from the mt-royal plaza to what used to be Wilsons Yamaha... But that place has sense been bought out by Davidson-bro and is to be turned into a brewery...  Last I knew any ways.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where is re-play now?  They moved from the mt-royal plaza to what used to be Wilsons Yamaha... But that place has sense been bought out by Davidson-bro and is to be turned into a brewery...  Last I knew any ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back to the old location in the plaza, but a different store front. Haven't actually been to his new shop yet, but I spoke with him a bit at the last two Saratoga shows.

Another one to check out is:

The Gun Shop at MacGregor's, LLC
1180 Glens Falls Mountain Road
Lake Luzerne, NY 12846

He mostly does evening hours, always good to call before hand. Address is Lake Luzurne, but it's really just behind West Mountain.

518-761-6864

My dad just did a transfer through him and said he seems like an okay guy, had a good amount of used stuff. Can't say anything about the prices though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Back to the old location in the plaza, but a different store front. Haven't actually been to his new shop yet, but I spoke with him a bit at the last two Saratoga shows.

Lake Luzerne, NY 12846

He mostly does evening hours, always good to call before hand. Address is Lake Luzurne, but it's really just behind West Mountain.

518-761-6864

My dad just did a transfer through him and said he seems like an okay guy, had a good amount of used stuff. Can't say anything about the prices though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lake Luzerne, NY 12846

518-761-6864

Never been to MacGregors but heard good things about them... typical prices you would expect for north of albany.  I guess he is retired LE and treats other retired or current LE pretty well.  Never been there or delt with him though...  I will have to check out replay again, they are always good for cheaper single shots and other well used stuff.  Bought a pump action 30-06 from him with a cracked stock for like $250 replaced it with a cheap synthetic stock and now its my go to deer rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top