Edited to add pic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Video:  Auto Shotty

I think that's an AA12
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.. thats the one. and the same video is on that page.

I'm in love.

I wonder if they would allow that for skeet shooting?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll take two
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah that thing is awesome!

what do they cost?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
OL SkOOL AA12's

Atchisson assault shotgun (ca. 1972), blowback operated, with 20-round drum, and 5 round box magazine.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]

You guys need help. That is the ugleist shotgun I have ever seen. You can have it! I will stick to the 100 or 11-87s!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL no way man.. go ghetto blaster style with it.. hacksaw the barrel and buttstock. (Not really)

Hmm.. wonder what it would be like throwing slugs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Much better option. NoAim has one tied up in paperwork right now. I will also down the road. My Saiga12 will be converted, that is.

www.tromix.com/Welcome.htm
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:04:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately that is a post 86 MG. There are transfereable original AA12s arround, but probably less than 20. A couple of years ago somebody was selling Atchison's prototypes and a couple of "production" guns on SubGuns. Production meaning final prototype,  don't think they were ever actually in production.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Unfortunately that is a post 86 MG. There are transfereable original AA12s arround, but probably less than 20. A couple of years ago somebody was selling Atchison's prototypes and a couple of "production" guns on SubGuns. Production meaning final prototype,  don't think they were ever actually in production.

Unfortunately azathoth is correct, few transferrable models were ever produced.  In fact, I've heard that the few prototypes that were produced didn't work very well.  Atchisson sold the rights to another company and they renamed it the Auto Assault 12.  They have redesigned it considerably and are currently trying to sell it to US Military.     A full auto 12-gauge and FRAG-12 ammo would make
one helluva combination.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Much better option. NoAim has one tied up in paperwork right now. I will also down the road. My Saiga12 will be converted, that is.

Whats funny is I was thinking about that Saiga 12. Too bad you couldn't take a pre-86 F/A AK reciever and stuff all the Saiga12 parts into it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Nox, just an FYI that I've just gotten mine back from Tromix after Tony's "Basic" conversion. If it shoots as well as it looks it will have been the best $350 I've ever invested!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nox, just an FYI that I've just gotten mine back from Tromix after Tony's "Basic" conversion. If it shoots as well as it looks it will have been the best $350 I've ever invested!

How long did the conversion take from Tromix?  I'm getting ready to send a Saiga to Tony
as soon as I decide on everything I want done.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to have the whole package done on mine. NoAim had his cut down to 12" and he says it shoots pretty dam good. He said he was making one holes at 15 yards with slugs. I'm feeling very poor right now and there are a few cans on the list first, but I will have one. I've never seen the romance/macho things with shotguns. I have a few, but their not my big thing. However, when I first saw a Saiga 12 I new what the future would hold.

Also, I'm thinking the total time away for NoAim's conversion was about 4-6 weeks. That's a guess.

Nox
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll add my info to this post (yes, I'm a hypocrite). Anyway...

First off, Tony is a great guy to deal with.

I sent out my Saiga 11/16 and Pat (Oregon Research Labs) got it back 1/10 or so.

His work is actually very fast. But he still has to wait on Form 2s and crap like that to so the SBS things. As a result he tends to do them in batches. Still, figure 4-6 weeks total.

I will say, One option you HAVE to spring for is the G3 sights. Very very nice.

The 12.5" was shooting birdshot about 1.5' wide at 15 yards. Slugs were dead on. Offhand I was putting a nice cloverleaf pattern. Obviously, out of a barrel that short, slugs do make a rather large fireball.

The TiG welding Tony does is very good. The only issue I was having with the Shotty was it not fully ejecting on the tight gas setting. Of course it also had ZERO lube in it. Quite honestly, the regulator plug probably needs to be shaved just a bit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long did the conversion take from Tromix?  I'm getting ready to send a Saiga to Tony
as soon as I decide on everything I want done.

Watch, turn around for mine was pretty quick. I mailed it to him on Feb.2 and I got it back on Feb.23.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Watch, turn around for mine was pretty quick. I mailed it to him on Feb.2 and I got it back on Feb.23.

Excellent turnaround.  I need to quit waffling and get this thing shipped out.

Thx.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Bugger, another toy for the wish list...

I hope somebody will import these one day...

users.iafrica.com/n/nj/njj741t/index.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bugger, another toy for the wish list...

I hope somebody will import these one day...

users.iafrica.com/n/nj/njj741t/images/granite.jpg

users.iafrica.com/n/nj/njj741t/index.html

Didn't I see that on Battlestar Galactia?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top