Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 12:49:33 PM EDT
Seattle Man Charged With Threatening Bush

ASSOCIATED PRESS

SEATTLE (AP) - A man was in federal custody Friday on charges of sending threatening packages to President Bush, including one last month marked "Brace For Impact" that shut down the White House mailroom, authorities said.

Steven Baldwin, 39, is accused of mailing two packages to Bush at the White House on July 20 - one bearing the words "Biological Weapons Enclosed" and the other labeled "Letter Bomb!" with a rambling five-page letter bearing Baldwin's signature, the Secret Service said in court documents.

On Dec. 14, according to the documents, Baldwin allegedly mailed a third package, this one labeled "Brace For Impact, I've Read Your Fortune & The Signs Are Not In Your Favor."

The White House mailroom was shut down for about two hours until authorities determined it contained a cellular telephone wrapped in wires, according to the court papers.

Baldwin, of the Seattle suburb of Renton, appeared before a U.S. magistrate Thursday on charges of making a false threat using biological weapons, a false threat using explosive materials and a threat against the president.

A detention hearing was scheduled for Wednesday. Baldwin could face as much as 20 years in prison if convicted.

Secret Service agent Erik Rasmussen wrote in an affidavit that Baldwin had been warned before the third package to stop sending threatening mail to the president.

I'm for free speech but I'm not for threatening any sitting president with mail.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
 It's really kind of funny...he's sounds harmless, big bark and no bite. I suspect he'll be all good once a dem takes the WH. Ya know its Bush's fault....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Renton...so I can say this....

When did Renton become a suburb of Seattle?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When did Renton become a suburb of Seattle?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
How the hell did these packages get all the way to the White House with that kind of writing on them????  You'd think they'd have been stopped at the first post office that received them.  Boggles the mind....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]

One less libtard in Western WA. 20 years you say? Nice.........

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it any suprise that his last name is Baldwin?

Trey
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in Renton...but Im pretty sure that its Bushs' fault.

-BJohnson
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How the hell did these packages get all the way to the White House with that kind of writing on them????  You'd think they'd have been stopped at the first post office that received them.  Boggles the mind....

Uh, yeah, you'd think that the slack-jaws in the sorting line might have at least reacted out of a sense of self-preservation, if not patriotism.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF did he think was going to happen
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

One less libtard in Western WA. 20 years you say? Nice.........

Well at least it's a start.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I lived in Renton with my 'girfriend between wives'...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Uh, yeah, you'd think that the slack-jaws in the sorting line might have at least reacted out of a sense of self-preservation, if not patriotism.

Didn't you know? The USPS outsourced the mail sorting jobs to India.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top