Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 8:47:14 PM EDT
Q:  What is the fastest way to fire a few rounds if you accidently lose all your magazines?

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
For those that answered "Load single rounds in the chamber", I am disappointed.

For those that answered "Use your revolver!" , I am impressed.  You passed. Please read on.

Having said that, I am looking for someone at next LCR shoot who can give me some pointers on shooting DA revolver.  I have 4" and 6" S&W model 66s.  I use the 6" for SA target shooting and the 4" for defense and to pick up chicks.  It's a police turn-in with a pretty smooth action.  I try to always shoot it DA.

I have been going back and forth on grips , but still consider myself inconsistent at best with DA.
Plenty of room for improvement.

Any somewhat experts that can help me out?

For your assistance, I offer no monetary compensation, but on your death-bed, you will receive total conciousness.  

Thanks,
CarbineO

P.S.  For you young guys who grew up on SKS carbines and Bruce Willis movies, you can google "revolver" to see what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
How'd you lose all your magazines?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How'd you lose all your magazines?

No kidding, I lose Magazines all the time, funny thing is...

I find them everywhere..
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand none of my revolvers take magazines, I have some that use clips but no magazines.

Then again I don't have a .223/5.56x45 or .308/7.62x51 revolver either.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't understand none of my revolvers take magazines,

The question is worded to root out cases of Black Rifle Fixation.  You were obviously immunized at an early age.

Also, extra points to Phil for cinematography!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:40:00 AM EDT
[#5]
If it has a barrel rib, take an empty case and balance it on the rib as close to the muzzle as possible.  Try to dry fire it while keeping the case from falling off.  When you get proficient at that, try it with a dummy cartridge with a real bullet. It will have a higher center of gravity.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:01:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!  Much like Bobbity with his .308 1911.  C'MON one of you WECSOGs gotta be able to create one!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Blackpowder THESE, Cowboy!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!  Much like Bobbity with his .308 1911.  C'MON one of you WECSOGs gotta be able to create one!

Bah!

Go with the Zeleska 600 Nitro Express Revolver.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
you codgers and your black powder firearms.

Still ranting about a little bit of smoke from burning lead bullet lube?  What was that 2 years ago?

500 .430 240gr cast lead SWC=$25 (available at WAC shows)

500 .430 JSP=$44.95+ $15.93 shipping=$60.88

Cast lead is very easy on revolver forcing cones too.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
you codgers and your black powder firearms.

C'mon Tweak!!!  You know that after the EMP blast from the Red Chinese suitcase nuke missiles, that none of those fancy semi-autos will work!  Didn't you take science in WA public school system?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If it has a barrel rib, take an empty case and balance it on the rib as close to the muzzle as possible.  Try to dry fire it while keeping the case from falling off.  When you get proficient at that, try it with a dummy cartridge with a real bullet. It will have a higher center of gravity.

Very interesting, Kepr.  If I get really good at it, I'll be hitting you guys up for nitroglycerine tabs instead of bullets--just to keep it exciting.

When you dryfire, I've heard you actually get a "discount" on trigger pull since you are not rotating the weight of the rounds.  You buy into that?  (even if true,  your drill is worthwhile)

CarbineO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top