Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 12:01:51 PM EDT
Between this
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/468095_WI_concealed_weapon_application_tracker.html&page=35

and some of the various "Pay it Forward" or other threads where someone offers services like transfers or guns at $X over "my cost" for a discounted price? Seems like they are a sale pitch same as this was considered.

Been a while since I read the rules but last I saw you had to be a site sponsor to offer commercial goods and services on AR15.com?

Has that changed or are exception made for some. I can remember training threads being pulled when there was a non site sponsor offering a class particularly when this HTF was all gung ho for Defensive Edge.

And no I do not work for Gus' Guns. No dog in this fight just curious.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:27:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NormallyAspirated2:
Between this
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/468095_WI_concealed_weapon_application_tracker.html&page=35

and some of the various "Pay it Forward" or other threads where someone offers services like transfers or guns at $X over "my cost" for a discounted price? Seems like they are a sale pitch same as this was considered.

Been a while since I read the rules but last I saw you had to be a site sponsor to offer commercial goods and services on AR15.com?

Has that changed or are exception made for some. I can remember training threads being pulled when there was a non site sponsor offering a class particularly when this HTF was all gung ho for Defensive Edge.

Since I know this is directed at me.

The above posted thread is selling nor offering nothing.

The thread I made offering $x or "my cost" had prior approval from the powers that be here, before I posted it.

It is my understanding that a straight offer to sell something or a thread started as a direct offer of goods for $x is not allowed without prior approval.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2012 1:05:39 PM EDT by 40xb-shooter]
Its not always about you Flamethrower...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:19:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 40xb-shooter:

Ok sorry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:26:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Flamethrower:

Ok sorry.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2012 2:00:34 PM EDT by Unique1]

Yes it is. (feed the paranoia!!!)

Note: not quite sure why the OP linked to the CCW Tracker thread. It has nothing to do with good deals on XX. Odd.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:51:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:07:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2012 9:11:25 PM EDT by mainfr4me]

Originally Posted By NormallyAspirated2:
Between this

Maybe this is the thread in question?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/472868_Good_deal_on_ammo___9mm_and_5_56_plus__great_deals_on_CCW_pistols_at_Gus_s_Guns_in_Suamico__wi.html

Sorry, too tired to properly link on the iPad.

ETA: It appears the primary difference is that Todd seeked mod approval before posting his offers to the group. Not trying to stir the pot, but a thought on clarification.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:36:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 12:37:43 PM EDT by BulletcatchR]
topic finished
Top Top