Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 12:54:50 AM EDT
Is the blue card your CCW that you can show and not have to pay $15 for a brady check everytime you buy a handgun/rifle and take home the item the same day?  Or is it issued to you when you register your first handgun but no CCW yet?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Your blue card is just proof that your handgun is registered.  You get one for each handgun you buy whether or not you have a CCW.  The CCW is what keeps you from not paying the $15 Brady.
That goes for handguns and longuns.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have a blue card, from registering a handgun with metro, then you don't have to wait after buying a handgun. There's a wait for your first handgun in Vegas, unless you have a blue card already.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay so it goes like this:

Blue card + NO CCW = Buy the gun and take home today plus $15 Brady Check.

Blue card + CCW = Buy the gun and take home today w/o paying $15 Brady Check.

Right?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah thats right.

No blue card=Wait 3 days then take home.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If you already own a handgun you had in another state, go register it with metro, then you have a blue card and don't have to wait. Unless this is your first hundgun, in which case, congradulations.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
This is Vegas only, right?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is Vegas only, right?

Clark County.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Henderson doesn't do the wait thing AFAIK.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Since we are on the subject of blue cards and CCW's, I gots a question:

I just disposed (sold) one of my handguns on my CCW.  I sold it out of state so it will not be blue carded again here in Clark Co.  Is there a requirement to notify?  Is it a good idea especially since it is on my CCW?  Any thoughts/advice?

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Nevada is an Insta-Check state, never a wait unless the system is down, even works on Sundays. If there is a backlog for backround checks (such as after Sept.11 2001) the most they will make you wait is 3 days and then they will give you the gun even if the backround check hasn't been done yet. Once they get around to it and if they find out you shouldn't have a gun they will come and get it back.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I just disposed (sold) one of my handguns on my CCW.  I sold it out of state so it will not be blue carded again here in Clark Co.  Is there a requirement to notify?  Is it a good idea especially since it is on my CCW?  Any thoughts/advice?

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, personal transfers are legal and your liability is over. There is no requirement to notify, hell if I did that everytime I sold or bought a handgun they would make a line just for me at the Cheyanne Metro station.

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:20:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know about that dude.  I thought there was something you had to do if the gun was on your CCW.  I might just be confusing that with the change of address notification requirement.
Personally I wouldn't worry about it, personal transfers are legal and your liability is over. There is no requirement to notify, hell if I did that everytime I sold or bought a handgun they would make a line just for me at the Cheyanne Metro station.

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 11:20:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody laminate their cards?  I did as soon as I got home today!!!! I'm so happy, I'm like a kid at Christmas!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow! Reading all this about "blue cards" makes me very sad  for y'all down south and very glad I live in the sticks up north.  Just one more reason for me to strongly dislike (I'd say hate, but don't wanna piss anyone off) Vegas (or is that East L.A.?).  When did this "blue card" thingy come into existance?  Typical California hoplophobe mentality taking over our state.
Forgive me for being so blunt - it just shocked me to read this.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind making someone wait 3 days for their first handgun and giving them unlimited access after that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Hijacking my own thread:

Can you legally open carry without a CCW if you are just a regular citizen?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hijacking my own thread:

Can you legally open carry without a CCW if you are just a regular citizen?

Yes, and they can't in Texas, now who has the most firearm friendly state? Hmmmmm?

The following was an answer from an email I sent to everyone of the NLV city council asking if open carry was legal in NLV. Shari Buck and Stephanie Smith were the only ones who answered, both asked the city attorney...

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date:  Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:44:01 -0700

>Dear Bob,
> I don't know if anyone answered you, but you can carry your weapon in the open in NLV.  It's governed by the state, not by the City.  However, I think people would prefer you not carrry a weapon around in your neighborhood because it may cause them to wonder what was going on and what you were up to.
>
>How's everything else going?  I haven't seen you forever.  Take care!
>Stephanie

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:27:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind making someone wait 3 days for their first handgun and giving them unlimited access after that.

Day after my 18th b-day I bought my first rifle - a .30 caliber carbine with colapsible stock and extra 15 and 30 round mags (assault weapon! gasp!!)

Day after my 21st b-day I bought my first handgun - a Ruger blackhawk in .30 caliber carbine.

Never had to wait for anything - cash on the counter and out the door to go have fun.

I never turned into a crazed criminal.  Maybe I don't understand the problem.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#19]
It's the whole "idiots ruin it for everyone else" thing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
When did this "blue card" thingy come into existance?

1979 - it had nothing to do with California hoplophobes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#21]

1979 - it had nothing to do with California hoplophobes.

OK - so it was post-Californian transplants.  No diff - just folks that are 'fraid of guns.  Just makes no sense.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#22]
blue card?
ok,, I moved here last year, and have a few guns,, if i take them down to register and get blue card, does it cost money?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
blue card?
ok,, I moved here last year, and have a few guns,, if i take them down to register and get blue card, does it cost money?

No. Registration is free, but is required in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas,  Henderson and Clark County.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top