Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 7:17:34 PM EDT
I used to see them on the board here and at the Richmond shows, but no longer...

Are they just focused on their retail stores now...?

Rmpl
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a gun from them at the last gun show in hampton, VA and they said they didn't like the richmond show anymore.  I dunno anything else
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe busy running all the new stores?  I think they have 5 of them now...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I see them at the Chantilly show.

Maybe they didn't feel like putting up with ATF strongarming tactics at the Richmond show.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:16:12 AM EDT
[#4]
What is wrong with the Richmond Show?  I have not been down there for over a year!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I talked to them a few weeks ago after the last Richmond Showplace show.  I was told they are going to concentrate on the store fronts and were pretty much only going to major gun shows like Chantilly, Hampton Roads and possibly Fredericksburg and other shows where there is a major military/naval installation.  They are going National and may be doing other shows in States where they have a store front like the big show in Louisville, KY.
Guess they've been pretty busy with thier greatly expanding business so they don't have much time to hang out here anymore.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#6]
We help build them up and then they leave us?

I never did see all that ammo that was supposed to be part of the grand opening specials...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We help build them up and then they leave us?

I never did see all that ammo that was supposed to be part of the grand opening specials...

Rmpl

don't get me started.  HUUUUUUGE dissapointment.  Not only on the ammo.  But that's a BIG part of it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
They were at the Hampton show today.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As for the "ammo" deal for our grand-opening, I addressed this when it happened.  We "bought" pallets each of 9mm, .45ACP, .40SW, 5.56 and 7.62 ammo.  The vendor accepted our PO and gave us a ship date.  They then sold it to someone else.

well that explains that.  that sucks.

see you at chantily.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Well glad to see you all are building up. Glad to see some hometown folks go big time. As for the ammo deal that is completely unsat on the distributors end. Let us know who it was so we can boycott them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That being said, we have twolocations VA (Quantico and Potomac Mills) which are open seven days a week.  We offer an in-store AR15.COM discount and have a "special" AR15.COM login for our website for people hanging out on AR15.COM.  

Dave Hensley

Rmpl hr

How does the ARF login work? I looked at the QA website and didn't see anything.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

HOWEVER, we are not a nationwide distributor for Trijicon and Armor Holderings (Hatch, Safariland, ProTech, etc).  Expect to see a much wider selection of gear in our stores!

you mean NOW right?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

How does the ARF login work? I looked at the QA website and didn't see anything.

login: ar15.com
p/w: quantico

Rmpl
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That being said, we have twolocations VA (Quantico and Potomac Mills) which are open seven days a week.  We offer an in-store AR15.COM discount and have a "special" AR15.COM login for our website for people hanging out on AR15.COM.  

Hey, your website still only lists you as being open five days a week. I'm gonna be up at Quantico doing work at the historical center on Thursday (researching 3/5s landing on Wolmi-Do. You wouldn't believe how little has been written on Inchon)  and might try to swing by if you guys are now open later than 1600 (I don't think they kick me out until 1630. Gotta call tomorrow).
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:20:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hi All!

Dave Hensley

Works fine
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
As for gunshows in the VA area, we have stopped doing the smaller shows.  As for the the Richmond shows, we don't do the raceway show, and we have not done the last two Showplace shows.  

Great, I guess I can spend more money with the beef jerky guy .

Remember when you went to the gun show to buy guns.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've been trying to break into the bulk ammo market since then...No luck.  Eventually.

You could buy out Ammoman.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I was just at their store today. Counter guys were nice folks. While I was waiting they gave two young Marines a no BS talk about different civilian AR-15 makers, even if they were promoting midlengths. Nice to hear a sales pitch that wasn't about trying to sell the most expensive thing you had on the rack to guys who didn't know who RRA and DPMS are.

They then gave me a nice chat about knives, and I ended up getting a CRKT folder.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#22]
qa definitely has some good folks. wonder if they and va arms trade 'em back and forth like baseball players?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top