Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 2:48:21 PM EDT
24th St was wall to wall people. ???????
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
i think it was the protest about the illeagals from mexico something along the lines
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i think it was the protest about the illeagals from mexico something along the lines

Protesting English as the official state language. Local paper interviewed a half-dozen folks....all claimed to be illegal.

"I'm not a citizen, but damn-it, I wan't my rights!"

ETA:

From KPHO.com

Marchers Want More Rights for Illegal Immigrants and Supporters

(CBS 5 NEWS) -  Thousands of people marched at 24th Street and McDowell to protest HR 4437 and to call for more rights for illegal immigrants.

The marchers made their way down 24th Street north to Senator Jon Kyl's office.  They are chanting and want to get their message out. What they’re protesting is a piece of legislation called HR 4437.

The groups supporting the march are Immigrants Without Borders and United Arizona, both immigrant humanitarian groups. They want their voices heard and they want everyone to know what this legislation would mean if it passes.

“It’s saying that we are criminals,” said one protestor.

If HR 4437 is passed it would criminalize illegal immigration, making it a felony for the person who comes here illegally to punishing anyone who helps them.

"We need to have more legalization and less punishment. This is going to criminalize not only the immigrant that’s here, but the citizens as well and anybody who tries to help them,” warns another marcher.

The protestors liken the legislation to Nazi Germany. They say they love this country and want to stay.

"We want freedom. We want to be back. We want to stay here. We love this country!” says another marcher.

As the march continued, traffic came to a stop, as people watched what was going on.

"I'm just keeping my own opinion to myself,” said a bystander.

Other passersby weren’t afraid to speak their mind.

"Less illegals. I think we should close the border off. Send them all back,” says another bystander.

The House already passed the resolution. Senator Kyl is on the Senate Judiciary Committee and is set to vote on this resolution Monday. CBS 5 put a call in to the senator's office, but he had no comment and instead later issued this statement:

"It is time that we adopt a comprehensive immigration policy, starting with enforcement at the border. I have advocated for the adoption of a comprehensive plan that increases border security, provides a temporary worker program, ensures enforcement of our laws at the border and at the workplace, and deals with those illegal immigrants already in the country. I look forward to resuming our work on the issue in the Judiciary Committee on Monday, and in the full Senate soon thereafter."

US House Vote:

Aye
Dist 6 Jeff Flake
Dist 2 Trent Franks
Dist 1 Rick Renzi
Dist 3 John Shadegg

Nay
Dist 7 Raul Grijalva
Dist 5 J.D. Hayworth
Dist 4 Ed Pastor

No Vote
Dist 8   Jim Kolbe

What is HR 4437?

Official Title: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to strengthen enforcement of the immigration laws, to enhance border security, and for other purposes.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet the crowd would have run like mad if INS had showed up. Most likely 10-15 marchers would have been left after using INS as crowd control.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Illegal Immigrants supporting Illegal Immigrants.

Go back to Boston Gringo! Viva Aztlan!!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone explain this logic to me. "I am here illegally and want to protect my right to be here illegally, and to prtotect my right  to assistance from a government and system of law I do not respect." We should send the troops to Mexico and clean up that mess, then we can talk about opening the border. When I can go there and hunt they can come here and work. WTF! LET THE WAR NERVE BREAK! Until then, next march in Phoenix. . . . vote from the roof tops!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WTF! Hayworth is against this?!?!?

The guy has been a talking head his whole life. Remember? He was a freaking sportscaster for cryin' out loud.

AB
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Illegal Immigrants supporting Illegal Immigrants.

Go back to Boston Gringo! Viva Aztlan!!

They said that a couple times before, 1836 & 46, they must think 3d times a charm
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Someone explain this logic to me. "I am here illegally and want to protect my right to be here illegally, and to prtotect my right  to assistance from a government and system of law I do not respect." We should send the troops to Mexico and clean up that mess, then we can talk about opening the border. When I can go there and hunt they can come here and work. WTF! LET THE WAR NERVE BREAK! Until then, next march in Phoenix. . . . vote from the roof tops!

And some folks wonder why wee as Arizona residentds are so freaking pissed off about the illegal aliens in our state.

Doesn't really matter how mad we get, the majority of the people will pander to them.  They do not want to offend the Illegals, you know.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And some folks wonder why wee as Arizona residentds are so freaking pissed off about the illegal aliens in our state.

Doesn't really matter how mad we get, the majority of the people will pander to them.  They do not want to offend the Illegals, you know.hr

Illegals are the latest class of "victims" pandered to by a political party that exploits groups by keeping them dependant on government, effectively blocking them from ever becoming self reliant all the while stealing what is rightfully your and mine to support it. Dependence on government leaves you disappointed at best and dead at worst.

It blows me away that so many have not caught on to how Democrats keep people subjugated in order to maintain a tight grip on what little power they have left.  They promise support and security to those in need and unwilling to do for themselves. Remember, government can’t give what it doesn’t first take.  And each dollar, after it travels to D.C, and makes it way back to each state/program/pocket, has been reduced by nearly half.

What’s worse, we seem to have forgotten, people who have created their government can give to that government only such powers as they, themselves, have in the first place. Obviously, they cannot give that which they do not possess. For example, suppose AR owner “A” wants another AR for his collection. He doesn’t have the money to buy one, but since AR owner “B” has a few extra ARs, he decides that he is entitled to share in his neighbor’s good fortune. Is he entitled to take one of his neighbor’s ARs? Obviously not! If his neighbor wishes to give it or lend it, that is another question. But so long as AR owner “B” wishes to keep his property, AR owner “A” has no just claim to it.  

If “A” has no power to take “B’s” property, can he delegate any such power to the government? NO! ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!! Even if every last AR owner on this forum desires that “B” give an extra AR to “A,” they have no right individually or collectively to force him to do it. They cannot delegate power they themselves do not have.

The proper function of government is limited only to those spheres of activity within which the individual citizen has the right to act. By deriving its just powers from the governed, government becomes primarily a mechanism for defense against bodily harm, theft and involuntary servitude. It cannot claim the power to redistribute wealth or force reluctant citizens to perform acts of charity against their will. Government is created by man. No man possesses such power to delegate. The creature cannot exceed the creator. BUT IT HAS! And you and I will suffer for it in the end.  

I am growing tired of the blatant legal plunder the government carries out on a daily basis to support popular feel good programs and those here illegally. ENOUGH! I say ENOUGH! “The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people [before the war began].” – John Adams.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#11]
They did it again (or are doing it now) today. Anyone counter protesting? That's a pretty big crowd. 10,000 is nothing to sneeze at. But, you know they're whole cause will be down the toilet once a riot starts.

I'm really suprised JD Hayworth isn't behind this. I met him personally when he ran for office the 1st time. He's very pro gun so you would figure he would walk the conservative line.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#12]
This is exactly why Douglas ranch owner "A" was ordered to forfeit his ranch to "group of illegals B". Disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They did it again (or are doing it now) today. Anyone counter protesting? That's a pretty big crowd. 10,000 is nothing to sneeze at. But, you know they're whole cause will be down the toilet once a riot starts.

I'm really suprised JD Hayworth isn't behind this. I met him personally when he ran for office the 1st time. He's very pro gun so you would figure he would walk the conservative line.

10,000 today?  

What a bunch of idiots.  

They need to become citizens the legal way.

Why in the hell isn't INS rounding there ass's up and taking them back to their homeland?

This country is going to hell because of the illegals, and our .GOV not doing anything about it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What scares me is that they even have a cause to begin with. We have allowed our country and state to be exploited. We let it happen. We live in an era of mass confusion. Each of us rushing to and fro in pursuit of our own selfish ends and the greater good has been lost. I am as guilty as the next man. I am fearful of what lies ahead. Congress says it will pass new laws, but any gun owner will tell you; more laws are meaningless when you can't enforce the ones already on the books. It is patchwork legislation, appeasement time for the masses, nothing will change. As they place patch upon patch the air will eventually find a way out. What we need is a new tire. New representatives, men of principle who will do what is right and best for the people who are here lawfully; good people who are struggling to make ends meet. Those here illegally are taking from our troops, taking from our poor, taking from those hit hard by natural disaster, taking from me, taking from you. They are overworking and endangering our law enforcement officers who are putting their lives on the line so my wife, children and I can sleep safe and sound at night. I personally have known six people who have been involved in auto accidents with uninsured drivers in the Phoenix area. The accidents were not their fault and they get the shaft and are left out to dry. Some would argue, “it is because they don’t have a drivers license and can’t get insurance.” The argument is flawed. They do not have insurance because they are here ILLEGALLY and therefore cannot get a drivers license.    

As for Hayworth, well see below:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/Candidus/FoghornLeghorn.jpg
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Back in the day these guys knew how to deal with illeagals!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Wouldn't our government just shit if 10,000 AR owners showed up and started walking south on 24th and told them "either you deal with it or we will".

How loud would 10,000 AR bolt closing at once be?

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#18]
"How loud would 10,000 AR bolt closing at once be?"

LOUD!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I bet the crowd would have run like mad if INS had showed up. Most likely 10-15 marchers would have been left after using INS as crowd control.

We're no longer INS, we're part of Customs and Border Protection. ICE is who deals with interior illegals.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

These people are not proposing easier immigration laws or policies, they are actively encouraging breaking the law.  Why does anyone in the government take them seriously?

They aren’t citizens, but they still vote.  Dumber Republicans actually believe that by giving them handouts now, the illegals will somehow evolve into conservatives (they remember their success with freeing the slaves + giving them forty acres and a mule).  

Liberals are just bent on destroying America with any opportunity they can find.

There was a lot of them, and arresting them would involve arresting them.  

People want a lower standard of living, and these illegals provide that opportunity.

I don’t know anymore- none of it makes sense because I still believe in my country.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Protesting English as the official state language. Local paper interviewed a half-dozen folks....all claimed to be illegal.

What is HR 4437?

Official Title: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to strengthen enforcement of the immigration laws, to enhance border security, and for other purposes.

I'm a bit lost here.   h?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Rome fell from within!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is HR 4437?

I'm a bit lost here.   h?

The issue that stirred the hornets nest is the bill, if passed, would make being here illegally a criminal felony rather than a civil slap on the wrist.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
some good links oin the subject....

A very sharp woman...michellemalkin.com

The bullshit exposed... www.wehate gringos.com

We Hate Gringos!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Sooooo....this bill would make it illegal to be an illegal?!? Interesting.
Perhaps we wouldn't need to intoduce more legislation if we just enforced the laws we've already passed?
I intentionally avoided going to lunch at a "Filiberto's" type of place the other day just because I wanted to eat somwhere where I could place my order with someone who spoke English, and I wuldn't have to listen to the non stop Spanish chatter in the place. I went to an Arby's instead. I closed my eyes and just as easily could've been right in a Filiberto's.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#28]
It was La Revolucion.  I can't believe you guys missed it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
WTF! Hayworth is against this?!?!?

I'm not an Arizonan and could be way off base, but could it be because of "guest worker program" language that Kyl alluded to?

I'm against a guest worker program (at least as commonly understood in Washington) and - were I a representative - would likely vote "Nay" against any bill containing that language.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't really matter how mad we get, the majority of the people will pander to them.  They do not want to offend the Illegals, you know.

Illegals are the latest class of "victims" pandered to by a political party that exploits groups by keeping them dependant on government, effectively blocking them from ever becoming self reliant all the while stealing what is rightfully your and mine to support it. Dependence on government leaves you disappointed at best and dead at worst.

It blows me away that so many have not caught on to how Democrats keep people subjugated in order to maintain a tight grip on what little power they have left.  They promise support and security to those in need and unwilling to do for themselves. Remember, government can’t give what it doesn’t first take.  And each dollar, after it travels to D.C, and makes it way back to each state/program/pocket, has been reduced by nearly half.

What’s worse, we seem to have forgotten, people who have created their government can give to that government only such powers as they, themselves, have in the first place. Obviously, they cannot give that which they do not possess. For example, suppose AR owner “A” wants another AR for his collection. He doesn’t have the money to buy one, but since AR owner “B” has a few extra ARs, he decides that he is entitled to share in his neighbor’s good fortune. Is he entitled to take one of his neighbor’s ARs? Obviously not! If his neighbor wishes to give it or lend it, that is another question. But so long as AR owner “B” wishes to keep his property, AR owner “A” has no just claim to it.  

If “A” has no power to take “B’s” property, can he delegate any such power to the government? NO! ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!! Even if every last AR owner on this forum desires that “B” give an extra AR to “A,” they have no right individually or collectively to force him to do it. They cannot delegate power they themselves do not have.

The proper function of government is limited only to those spheres of activity within which the individual citizen has the right to act. By deriving its just powers from the governed, government becomes primarily a mechanism for defense against bodily harm, theft and involuntary servitude. It cannot claim the power to redistribute wealth or force reluctant citizens to perform acts of charity against their will. Government is created by man. No man possesses such power to delegate. The creature cannot exceed the creator. BUT IT HAS! And you and I will suffer for it in the end.  

I am growing tired of the blatant legal plunder the government carries out on a daily basis to support popular feel good programs and those here illegally. ENOUGH! I say ENOUGH! “The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people [before the war began].” – John Adams.

Damn, dude -- I like the way you think. <nods />
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
These people are not proposing easier immigration laws or policies, they are actively encouraging breaking the law.  Why does anyone in the government take them seriously?

They aren’t citizens, but they still vote.  Dumber Republicans actually believe that by giving them handouts now, the illegals will somehow evolve into conservatives (they remember their success with freeing the slaves + giving them forty acres and a mule).  

Liberals are just bent on destroying America with any opportunity they can find.

There was a lot of them, and arresting them would involve arresting them.  

People want a lower standard of living, and these illegals provide that opportunity.

I don’t know anymore- none of it makes sense because I still believe in my country.

Bingo.  You just hit the nail on the head, tfod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top