Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 1:09:35 PM EDT
Be in town for a couple of days, point me in the direction of some decent gunshops.  Looking to buy an Imbel upper and maybe a milsurp of some kind.  The closer to Mesquite, Northwest highway east the better.  thanxs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Tac Pro Shooting Center is on the west side of Dallas, just off I-20...

AVOID Sportsman's Warehouse near 121 Business....couple of asshats work there, and their prices are too high.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

AVOID Sportsman's Warehouse near 121 Business....couple of asshats work there, and their prices are too high.

Ummmm, Tac Pro is a 2 hour drive from Dallas, so keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I am trying to keep it to under one hours time.  Here is what I have so far:
Military gun supply Fort Worth
Ammo depot Caddo Mills
and Old london rd mesquite
I wonder how the traffic is to get ot Elite firearms, they are in Hurst.  There have to be others, what was(is?) Mcllelan gun shop is a skip from here, but they handle mostly sporting new.  I am really looking at milsup type rifles, but thanks I am sure others will post tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was closer, but it looks like it's halfway between dallas and abilene. Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
You could always go see Cheaper Than Dirt just so you can say you have been there.  But more often than not, I leave the store disappointed.  

They are basically at the intersection of  Loop 820, and I 35W  on the north side of Ft. Worth.

Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures
2522 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#6]
CTD ain't.  Plus last time I was there, no milsurp.(that I saw)
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was closer, but it looks like it's halfway between dallas and abilene. Oh well.

Heh heh yeah, they kinda hide that part in their web site.  I grew up out close to where Tac Pro is located.  It's about as middle of nowhere as you can get, but it's a fanteastic place.

That much lists everything worth checking out in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
In no particular order:

Silhouette Precision Sports (SPS Guns), in Carrollton  SE corner of Josey Ln and Beltline Rd.

Gunmaster is in Plano about a 1/4 mile south of the Ave. K and Spring Creek Pkwy. (?)

Rays in Dallas at the SE corner of Sylvan Rd.Singleton Rd.  Be advised if you go down there, be armed.

D-Rays is also in Dallas in the NE corner of Preston Rd. and Forest Ln.

Bachman Pawn and Gun is in Dallas on the SW corner of Webb Chapel and Northwest Hwy.

Pioneer Guns is in Irving on the SW corner of Pioneer and either O'Connor or MacArthur...I forget

There is also Accuracy Arms in Royse City (?) but I've never been there, atleast I dont think I have.

There are more gunshops, I just cant think of anymore right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top