[#3]
In other words:

Almost everything!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
All Pre-Bans are legal.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to add some cities have there own rules. For example, in Albany AK's are out.  HiramRanger can back me up on that.  You will probably want to check with whatever city you plan on going to and also, check with the ATF in Albany.  I have found the ATF guys in Albany to be very helpful.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Forgot to add some cities have there own rules. For example, in Albany AK's are out.  HiramRanger can back me up on that.  You will probably want to check with whatever city you plan on going to and also, check with the ATF in Albany.  I have found the ATF guys in Albany to be very helpful.

You sure about that?  

Albany COUNTY right?  Thank God im in Saratoga

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It's the City of Albany only.  The rest of Albany County is fine for AK's, AR's etc. as far as I know.

Also, I'm not sure why you would contact the BATFE regarding municipal-level regs, they're feds and don't enforce local laws.  I'd say call the Albany PD if you're headed to Albany.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's the City of Albany only.  The rest of Albany County is fine for AK's, AR's etc. as far as I know.

Also, I'm not sure why you would contact the BATFE regarding municipal-level regs, they're feds and don't enforce local laws.  I'd say call the Albany PD if you're headed to Albany.

Im not goin there..not with guns at least haha...ill stay in my little town, much safer
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I moved from NJ to OH about 10 years ago.  I still own property southeast of Watertown, North of Syracuse.  Get this.

I can't carry, use, or have in possession any handguns on my own property, let alone get caught transporting them through the state.  

I can't carry/shoot/transport my FN police autoloader because the mag capacity it two high

I can't carry/shoot/transport any of my postban ar's mini 14's:  Nor any 30 round Mags for each.

BUT:  I can bring up my pre-ban AR, with all the thirty round mags I want, preban of course.  

That is all but stupid.

How does NY state law supercede Federal Law?  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I moved from NJ to OH about 10 years ago.  I still own property southeast of Watertown, North of Syracuse.  Get this.

I can't carry, use, or have in possession any handguns on my own property, let alone get caught transporting them through the state.  

I can't carry/shoot/transport my FN police autoloader because the mag capacity it two high

I can't carry/shoot/transport any of my postban ar's mini 14's:  Nor any 30 round Mags for each.

BUT:  I can bring up my pre-ban AR, with all the thirty round mags I want, preban of course.  

That is all but stupid.

Democrats are your new god in NY
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

In the same manner that Ohio state and local laws regulate the sale, transfer and possession of firearms and ammunition. Don't the cities of Cleveland, Dayton and Toledo ban or place additional restrictions on the possession of certain firearms within the city limits?

Until either a federal or state court strikes down these laws it's "game on".
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:25:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I think cleveland does, but it's hard to enforce because they used the backbone of the Clinton gun ban, but that's expired.  Columbus just passe a law, which is being fought.  Toledo had some type of handgun restriction, but that has since changed do to the CCW legislation passed about a year and a half ago.

I just bothers me that they take 3k a year in  property taxes from me, and I can't feel at home on my own property.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just bothers me that they take 3k a year in  property taxes from me, and I can't feel at home on my own property.  

It's not going to get any better in NY as long as the NYC and western NY libtards have their way. If Spitzer is elected in 2006 and the Republicans lose control of the Senate you can expect a new improved NYS AWB that will make your current preban illegal for you to possess in NY. You can also expect additional restrictions on ammunition and a complete ban on .50 caliber weapons.

My advice is to sell your property and buy a farm in PA or VT if you want to stay in the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top