Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:28:47 PM EDT
Just curious if they ever have any auctions for the firearms that are recovered and not claimed. Seems like they could hold public auctions & use the money for new equiptment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Edited:this thread went to shit real quick.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You mean you guys don't sell them out of your trunks like some guys do?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Ever wonder where the "drop guns" come from? There ya go. Of course, those guns were all reported to be destroyed. Most really are...some are not. That's for the agencies that destroy their guns and allow no sales do it. I'm NOT saying EVERY SINGLE AGENCY does this, just some.

Now, for the agencies that actually do have the auctions: The good guns are picked over by the officers and the rest sold to "dealers only" in lots. There are usually a few good guns left in the lots on purpose. However, most people don't look deeper into the issue. Sometimes these "dealers" are also officers. Use your imagination. Sometimes the officers have made a back channel arrangement with "certain dealers" to make sure they win. Of course, there's a price for that arrangement. Once again, not ALL of the agencies do this.

I speak from personal experience though and the above is what I've actually seen, not a tin foil theory. YMMV and all that stuff....
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have a weapon confiscated by an LEO, you had better get a receipt from them. I've seen them take hi-cap mags using the AWB as an excuse from "less than knowledgeable" individuals.
When I got in the middle of it, I was threatened with arrest. LOL, For inisting on a receipt? It put a stop to that real quick.
When I was a teenager, we were shooting off of a bridge in NOKC when the OKC PD pulled up. They took our guns and I heard one of them say "diamond gripped Smith" and I knew we weren't going to get them back if I didn't step up. I insisted on a receipt and the ticket for shooting off the bridge.
They wouldn't do either and were just going to take the handguns. Then the farmer that owned the land on either side of the bridge pulled up and wanted to know what was going on. He told the officers he knew us and it was OK for us to shoot on his land. When I told him the officers were taking our guns, he was astounded and aggravated. When I told him they wouldn't even give a receipt, he got right in the middle of their asses in a big way. We got our guns back but we could have lost them easily.
Things today are a little better, but not much. If you have guns stolen and recovered, you may wait years to get them back. And when you do get them back, they may be missing parts or be inoperable. There was a "gunsmith" running a Tulsa area PD evidence locker that got lots of parts off of recovered guns. They always claimed they were received that way!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure Tulsa County destroys their confiscated weapons, recovered weapons that aren't claimed meet the same fate, I've heard stories about recovered weapons being destroyed that the owners had tried to claim but were told they weren't there, just stories of course!

I've heard that either Okla City PD, or it might be the County, or both, have auctions on unclaimed weapons, legal weapons of course!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The OKCPD and the Oklahoma County Sheriffs Department have had auctions in the past where they sold firearms, bicycles, lawn mowers, etc... an assortment of confiscated or unclaimed property. I'm not sure about what they do now.
About 5 years ago a friend south of Guthrie was broken into and had several weapons stolen. One was a 22 mag High Standard derringer. 3 of his handguns were recovered in the Tulsa area, including the 22 mag. It had almost all of the parts gone, just the frame and barrel were left. His Ruger revolver was missing the cylinder pin, and a Sig 220 with no magazine or grips. He discovered the missing parts when he got the guns back, after approximatly a one year wait.
When he asked about the missing parts, he just got the run around. When he was notified about the guns, he asked if they were worth picking up. The officer that called him said they were in good shape. Then he had to wait a year before he got them back!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The missing parts thing is VERY suspicious, when I was a Deputy we had a storage closet full of recovered weapons, not 1 was missing any parts, might be short a magazine, but other than that, nothing!  You would find shotguns with the barrels sawn off with a hacksaw, and the stocks shortened, sometimes a rifle had the barrel cut short.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#8]
my ccw got confinscated yesterday during a traffic stop by an OHP,  I didnt want to show it to him nor give it to him but I seen that the situation was going to get a little ugly.   I also gave him my ID's along with my pre-paid legal V-Shield card with my lawyers info on it.   He came back after running a check with just a warning and totally did a 180 on his additude.  He gave the gun back still loaded after I signed the warning.   I am going to call my lawyers just to see if they are alowed to take it during a traffic stop,  I didnt feel right pulling out a loaded gun with a trooper at my window
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
my ccw got confinscated yesterday during a traffic stop by an OHP,  I didnt want to show it to him nor give it to him but I seen that the situation was going to get a little ugly.   I also gave him my ID's along with my pre-paid legal V-Shield card with my lawyers info on it.   He came back after running a check with just a warning and totally did a 180 on his additude.  He gave the gun back still loaded after I signed the warning.   I am going to call my lawyers just to see if they are alowed to take it during a traffic stop,  I didnt feel right pulling out a loaded gun with a trooper at my window

THEY CANNOT take your weapon, UNLESS you are suspected of committimg a crime and you match the description of the perp.

YOU MUST notify them that you are a CWL holder IF you have your weapon on you.

Were you stopped by the HP that is prowling 3W? I have seen him stopped many times in the last few weeks. Got the guy that lives across the street form on a Saturday morning, over $200 fine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THEY CANNOT take your weapon, UNLESS you are suspected of committimg a crime and you match the description of the perp.

Were you stopped by the HP that is prowling 3W? I have seen him stopped many times in the last few weeks. Got the guy that lives across the street form on a Saturday morning, over $200 fine.

No, I was NE of Antlers and got pulled over for speeding.  I questioned him and asked him if it was legal for him to take my weapon and that is when things went bad to worse.    All of this was after he seen my CCW license.  Things didnt get better until he realized I actually had a lawyer.    I will call the law firm and ask them what I was suposed to do and what was done wrong.  If it turns out that the OHP was in the total wrong I will have the law firm contact his superiors and try to keep this from happening to someone else.  There was no harm done but things could have gotten bad for sure.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I was NE of Antlers and got pulled over for speeding.  I questioned him and asked him if it was legal for him to take my weapon and that is when things went bad to worse.    All of this was after he seen my CCW license.  Things didnt get better until he realized I actually had a lawyer.    I will call the law firm and ask them what I was suposed to do and what was done wrong.  If it turns out that the OHP was in the total wrong I will have the law firm contact his superiors and try to keep this from happening to someone else.  There was no harm done but things could have gotten bad for sure.

Do you have a your copy of the Regs you got with your CWL packett? If so read it. IIRC it is stated your weapon canot be taken form you.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Once you give the required citizen's notice you are carrying, the LEO can take your weapon from you for the duration of his/her contact with you. But they must give it back when that contact is terminated. They have the right to protect themselves in case a citizen gets hostile. They have fewer rights than you do in some instances, but in this case, they can legally take your weapon druing a traffic stop. If you didn't give him immediate notice you were carrying, you are liable to undergo administrative review for your SDA license. No kidding, check your regulations!
When I get pulled over, I put my hands behind my neck - that way there is no doubt that I am carrying.  They all unsnap their handguns as they approach my truck, then I move very slowly.
In almost every case, I have been thanked for giving them notice and not giving them a surprise when they are close up.
There are turd birds in every profession, but LEOs have it pretty damn rough in some counties. In McCurtain County, it ain't exactly a picnic every day!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Once you give the required citizen's notice you are carrying, the LEO can take your weapon from you for the duration of his/her contact with you. But they must give it back when that contact is terminated.

Technically every traffic offense is a 'crime' in Oklahoma so if a 'crime' has been committed,correct,yes they can.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I was moving from one hunting location to another and there was a roadblock by the OHP. They were checking insurance & licenses. I notified the OHP I was CCW & showed him all of my permits & license and he never asked to see my .45.   He did ask where it was though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Once you give the required citizen's notice you are carrying, the LEO can take your weapon from you for the duration of his/her contact with you. But they must give it back when that contact is terminated.

Technically every traffic offense is a 'crime' in Oklahoma so if a 'crime' has been committed,correct,yes they can.

You're FOS! Confiscating a legally owned firearm over a MINOR traffic offense  - as in MISDEANOR - has no legal standing. That's blatant BS!
Tell me where it is in Title 21!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
all I can say is I did not agree with him asking to see it nor asking for it.  The law is so vague that there are many ways to interprit it.    But,  either way I did not feel comfortable pulling out a loaded handgun for a trooper while I am sitting in my front seat and he is standing at my door.  I know I am a safe gun handler but being in a situation like this seems it could end up turning very bad in several ways, One being me with a loaded gun in my hand and the trooper getting ancy.   He never tried to unload it nor did he unholster it in front of me and he handed it back afterwards in the same manor I handed it to him.

Next time I am just going to run from them
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
all I can say is I did not agree with him asking to see it nor asking for it.  The law is so vague that there are many ways to interprit it.    But,  either way I did not feel comfortable pulling out a loaded handgun for a trooper while I am sitting in my front seat and he is standing at my door.  I know I am a safe gun handler but being in a situation like this seems it could end up turning very bad in several ways, One being me with a loaded gun in my hand and the trooper getting ancy.   He never tried to unload it nor did he unholster it in front of me and he handed it back afterwards in the same manor I handed it to him.

Next time I am just going to run from them

Guess he didn't want to keep your Taurus,ha,ha.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Umm...TITLE 21 § 1290.8 specifically says

E. Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a law enforcement officer to inspect any weapon properly concealed without probable cause that a crime has been committed.

I'd say that there was no probably cause that a crime involving a gun had been committed, so he was not authorized to even ask to see it. He clearly violated the law regarding seizure of personal property, even if only for a short time.

That's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're FOS! Confiscating a legally owned firearm over a MINOR traffic offense  - as in MISDEANOR - has no legal standing. That's blatant BS!
Tell me where it is in Title 21! hr

I'm FOS?
All I did was agree with you,I never said anything about confiscating beyond the duration of the stop.

The law says 'PC exists that a crime has been committed' or something to that effect.
In Oklahoma,a traffic offense is a crime.
So technically they probably could legally take your weapon for the DURATION of the stop.
Having said that,they used to disarm me during a stop but for the last few years they have ceased doing so.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:32:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree with sister on this. I was stopped by a local cop, I did my bit by informing him I was carrying. He asked me where it was. I told him even though I dont see what difference it makes if its on my hip, in the console, in a shoulder holster, etc.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

E. Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize a law enforcement officer to inspect any weapon properly concealed without probable cause that a crime has been committed.

I'd say that there was no probably cause that a crime involving a gun had been committed, so he was not authorized to even ask to see it. He clearly violated the law regarding seizure of personal property, even if only for a short time.

That's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it![/quote

Sister, they may be stopping you cuz you're good looking . Us, they stop because they think we may have done something wrong! That is probable cause, if they can articulate it and it is within the understanding of "the reasonable person standard". Give the LEOs the benefit of a doubt on this - they have the right to be careful so they can go home unharmed. If that means taking the firearm away from you for just a short period, then it should be OK. Now if they give the gun back without the cartridges, which some have done in the past - there is a problem. It becomes a 6th Amendment problem as well as a 2nd Amendment. The seizure could cause you harm and possible death if they "disarmed" you by taking your cartridges.
schutze, excuse me for thinking you were advocating seizure. But I still think you're FOS!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Technically, you are a badge bunny and should go back to your own shithole of a website.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Technically, you are a badge bunny and should go back to your own shithole of a website.

TwoBravo, I never posted on his website nor have I ever met the guy in person, but I once inquired about a gun he had for sale. I've dealt with assholes before and he DEFINITELY fits the bill.
Ain't no question he's a wannabe!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
schutze, excuse me for thinking you were advocating seizure. But I still think you're FOS!hr

duly noted.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
schutze, excuse me for thinking you were advocating seizure. But I still think you're FOS!

duly noted.

So long as we have an understanding!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it!

easier said then done.  That is how I feel but when things are getting tense and you and the trooper cant agree on something he is not going to back down easily.    Law makers suck becuase they make the laws so vague that you can interprit it any way you want
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#28]
schutze

I double dog dare you to send the yankee JBT over to our world and threaten to put a boot in danc's ass ....I'd like to see him pull that shit ......... where no one can pull the safety chute for him and cover it up.....

Danc
 be carefull jbt will be here shortly to line you out .... I don't know what it is that whole cop threatening someone and then whining he's got it tough..... it don't play with me....
I've said it a million times if you don't like/cant handle you job   QUIT don't be a fucking whine bag bitch

never been fired quit every job i ever had
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Danc
 be carefull jbt will be here shortly to line you out .... I don't know what it is that whole cop threatening someone and then whining he's got it tough..... it don't play with me....
I've said it a million times if you don't like/cant handle you job   QUIT don't be a fucking whine bag bitch

never been fired quit every job i ever had

ACman, from what I understand they are having a hard time keeping troopers. They don't get paid enough, have to deal with crap from the top and from people they stop. Part of staying on that job makes you be an arsehole sometimes. That I can understand and forgive.
I try to walk a fine line with LEOs - I'm not afraid to get in their ass if it calls for it, but I won't condemn them out of hand.
If they have to get tough with someone who is a smart ass, they don't usually go easy on the next stop. You never know what mood they will be in from what just happened a few minutes before.
I got stopped one time just short of Pryor. When I pulled over, the officer came up with a night stick in his hand, had an attitude, and was about to bust my ass big time. I flinched up and said "Don't hit me!" He had to grin and laugh because it was funny! When I asked him why he was so pissed off, he told me he had had lights on me for 4 miles or so. I told him I didn't see him in my rear view mirror and that he should have turned on his siren. His reply was "The siren doesn't work!" "You mean you almost beat me with a night stick because your siren wasn't working?"
We both had to laugh and he let me go with a warning for speeding!
The gist of the story was every time I went through that area, I would look for him and we would shoot the shit for a few minutes over coffee. He wasn't a bad guy, just had a bad day!

ACman, if jbt (who the hell is that?) trys to straighten me out, feel free to jump in and kick more sh*t on me!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#30]
What happens to firearms in this state after they are confiscated is up to department policy. Tulsa Police destroy ALL weapons. When they went to GLocks, TPD was offered a generous trade in for the Smith and Wessons. GLock agreed that they would only be sold to agencies outside of the US. Instead of trading them they melted all of them. Costing the dept, the city and the citizans tens of thousands of dollars.
Broken Arrow and Tulsa county auction off all seized and unclaimed fire arms.  Ba I beleive only to dealers. County to anyine at a public auction.

Youi all get into quoting title 21. Do you ever read the anontated version?? Do you ever read Federal case law?  There have been MANY case decisions that cover police officers right to safety while contducting a stop starting way back with terry V. Ohio to several last year.  The federal and state courts have ruled over and over about an officers right to protect himself. Including temporarily taking of fire arms while conductig a search.

Two bravo you are exrtrmely jaded for someone who claims to have been a cop. Most of the auctions in the Tulsa area the officers are forbid to bid. You are indicting a lot of officers by that drop gun statement. I have been and am a cop. In okla. I have NEVER seen or heard about droop guns. Hell most dont even carry backup weapons here.  Frankly I do not beleive it.

Reference the prepaid leagal and attorney . They are a joke....I am sure it had him trembling.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:00:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What happens to firearms in this state after they are confiscated is up to department policy. Tulsa Police destroy ALL weapons. When they went to GLocks, TPD was offered a generous trade in for the Smith and Wessons. GLock agreed that they would only be sold to agencies outside of the US. Instead of trading them they melted all of them. Costing the dept, the city and the citizans tens of thousands of dollars.
Broken Arrow and Tulsa county auction off all seized and unclaimed fire arms.  Ba I beleive only to dealers. County to anyine at a public auction.

Youi all get into quoting title 21. Do you ever read the anontated version?? Do you ever read Federal case law?  There have been MANY case decisions that cover police officers right to safety while contducting a stop starting way back with terry V. Ohio to several last year.  The federal and state courts have ruled over and over about an officers right to protect himself. Including temporarily taking of fire arms while conductig a search.

Two bravo you are exrtrmely jaded for someone who claims to have been a cop. Most of the auctions in the Tulsa area the officers are forbid to bid. You are indicting a lot of officers by that drop gun statement. I have been and am a cop. In okla. I have NEVER seen or heard about droop guns. Hell most dont even carry backup weapons here.  Frankly I do not beleive it.
Reference the prepaid leagal and attorney . They are a joke....I am sure it had him trembling.

i agree with you 100 percent, this is why i edited my original post.  the drop gun comment is b.s. if two bravo carried one then he never should have taken an oath.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:35:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It's not a claim, it's a fact. Maybe I just worked for some shit departments. Maybe that's why I'm not in the business anymore. I belive it, I've seen it, I know what I'm talking about without a doubt. I didn't name names, or departments because that's not what I'm here to do. I'm relating my own personal life experience to the issue.

I can't force you to believe anything, but on the flip side, what reason do I have to lie about it?

One thing I will agree with you 100% about though is prepaid legal. They wrote the book on JOKES.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:22:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i agree with you 100 percent, this is why i edited my original post.  the drop gun comment is b.s. if two bravo carried one then he never should have taken an oath.

Like I said in the last post, it's my own experience. No where did I ever say or imply that I carried a "drop gun". I never in my life have owned or carried anything that even could remotely resemble a drop gun. I don't know how you can call b.s. on my own life experience but....whatever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:27:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Question:
Is it a requirement in Tulsa to be a commissioned LEO to work dispatch?
Just curious.
Those who know can IM me an answer if you want.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Question:
Just curious.

No. I'll answer that one for you.  I did that almost 10 years ago Mr. Know-it-all. Neither you nor your clueless cop friends have access to my entire employment history for the past 10 years. Why come on here and beat around the bush? If you want to ask me something, do it. Of course, you don't like responding directly to me I know. Because....BWOK BWOK...can you say chickenshit again?

Why are you even here J.P.? All you catch is flack from almost everyone on this board. Go back to to the fudge packin' zone where you belong. Why do you come to a board where you're not welcome? I guess, because no one has banned you. I guess no one has banned you because we don't ban people for nothing over here, unlike Never-never land where you hang out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

OK Lawman, drop guns are a lot more common than you think and not talked about among police officers. They can't even trust each other in that regard if the SHTF on a stop gone bad. As far as annotated Title 21s, mine is well annotated but 4 or 5 years old. There are other departments in this state and others besides the OK County Sheriffs department and a lot goes on that is never mentioned. The LE community is very small, fairly tight lipped in some regards.
One very highly decorated police officer in the OKC PD was retired on PTSD from the bombing but the guy should have gone to jail. Breaking out windows, breaking into his ex's house to steal a weed eater,etc is fairly minor to some of the really BAD stuff he committed.
When it comes down to it, TwoBravo and I are really on your side, but don't try to make out that all officers are perfect. Lots of things go on that aren't straight i.e. Bob Macy, Joyce Gilcrhist, etc.. I've heard some nightmare things from LEOs about cases that make me ashamed of this state.
I know and run around with some very good men, LEOs, that have to turn a blind eye to a lot of things that happen in their job just so they can get their retirement. They may not like it, but they accept it. But they are GOOD men.
If you looked into the history of OK peace officers, you would really be surprised at some of the "less-than-honorable" things that have happened since statehood. My grandfather, great uncles, uncles, cousins, etc have been in LE since the 1930s. Some of the things my grandfather and his brothers did in LE work in the 1930s would chill your sh*t today. Up to and including ambushing boot leggers, killing them, leaving them lay, and taking their moonshine.
Times have certainly changed for today's LE officers. They are underpaid, take lots of chances, but it does make them "jaded" - even GOOD men.
When I sat in Judge Hill's courtroom watching preliminary hearings - a possible car thief is hooked up, shackled, with a public defender and deputy in tow, has a $4500 bond set that he can't meet - then a alledged crack dealer comes in the courtroom free under a $25000 bond, fires his attorney, and walks out of the court room temporarily free - I really had no idea of what LEOs had to deal with in this county today. Most are good men, but they aren't perfect.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#37]
It seems to me that a lot of  people are misreading, misunderstanding, or flat ignoring parts of posts in this discussion.

Twobravo clearly stated in his first post that this was what he'd seen, and that NOT ALL departments or officers do that.

I personally have seen an officer sell a gun that they bought at their own departments' auction...that was later checked and found to be in the database, still on record as stolen!

I quoted Title 21 in my first post, and, while it's true that I've never read an annotated version (really, why should I have to? shouldn't the laws be clear? but whatever), my opinion still stands. That's my OPINION, and I never said it was anything but.

It's true that some things are easier said than done, Jeff. I don't think I'd argue with an already tense officer, but I might have asked him to call in his supervisor. I would most certainly call my lawyer after the encounter. If it's true that officers are legally allowed to hold your weapon for the duration of a completely unrelated contact, like a traffic stop, I'd rather see the law changed to be less ambiguous than have it as it stands now.

Schutze, what does your question have to do with the discussion at hand? What are you trying to do? I'm not a commissioned officer, nor a dispatcher. I've never held any job even close to law enforcement. Does that make my personal life experience (like the anecdote above) any less valid or true?

Not one of us on here are perfect. We've all broken a law or two in our lives. Law enforcement is a tough job. Most departments are very political, and if advancement is wanted, a blind eye must be turned every now and then. If you've been on the job for very long, you can't tell me (and have me believe you, anyway) that you've NEVER seen anything even questionable out of your fellow officers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Question:
Just curious.

Again, JP ().  Go back to your website and suck off Michael Brown for a little while longer.  Most of the people you banned over there are the people you are talking to over here.  

Got a little boring over there lately?  We sure don't want you here!  So just take your "super moderator" title and stick it in your ass!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Got a little boring over there lately?  We sure don't want you here!  So just take your "super moderator" title and stick it in your ass!

To quote my favorite red necked long haired tattooed hippie freak   " can't you feel the love"?

schitze, what goes around comes around is a very valid statement!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Question:
Just curious.

No. I'll answer that one for you.  I did that almost 10 years ago Mr. Know-it-all. Neither you nor your clueless cop friends have access to my entire employment history for the past 10 years. Why come on here and beat around the bush? If you want to ask me something, do it. Of course, you don't like responding directly to me I know. Because....BWOK BWOK...can you say chickenshit again?

Why are you even here J.P.? All you catch is flack from almost everyone on this board. Go back to to the fudge packin' zone where you belong. Why do you come to a board where you're not welcome? I guess, because no one has banned you. I guess no one has banned you because we don't ban people for nothing over here, unlike Never-never land where you hang out.

this was not directed at you personally,for any type of gain even though you obviously took it that way.
Like i said,just asking.
sorry to upste you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Gonna answer *my* question, Schutze?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

this was not directed at you personally,for any type of gain even though you obviously took it that way.
Like i said,just asking.
sorry to upste you.

You are so full of shit your eyeballs are brown. So who was it directed at and like someone else asked already, what was the point of your question? How about responding to the other people's posts as well smart guy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh, wait, I forgot. Supermods aren't required to...ya know...treat others like they'd want to be treated and...ya know...actually directly answer questions without a bunch of doublespeak and BS. So nevermind, schutze...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Let me just start my rant by saying I apreciate good LEO's to no end it's a shit job that don't pay anywhere near enough.......... bla bla bla.......and to be honest I don't think a good LEO follows the letter of the law sometimes shit needs to be done that don't coincide with the law

But what I don't buy into is the holyier than holy horshit............... FACT of life is their are just as many assholes if not more in the LE game as their is in any other profesion..... what sucks about it is when you get stuck with the fuckhead he's got a badge and a gun and can cause you a bunch of trouble that's the facts plain and simple....         anyone who says their shit don't stink is usually a fucking liar in my experience...

BTW ... I wasn't always the choir boy I am now ........I've wathed a shitload of stolen stereo equipiment purchased from LEO's in texas and thats a damn  fact. I was a minor and it's been 20 yrs ago but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut it still happens......someplace

As far as the drop piece thing go's I've never seen a cop lay one down but i damn well know a few that would...........I'm not even saying that's a bad thing I know a few people who need them planted on them .........

I just fail to see the point of messing with somebody over stupid shit when you could be busting someone who needed it.....

ALL that said in my experiences and run in's with the LEO's who i didn't know  in OK compared to TX........ I'll take the ones in OK anyday so all you cops take a chill pill nobody's saying your all bad ...... but the whole we(LEO)  do no wrong thing dont fly .....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I deal with tribal, local, county and state LEs nearly every day, majority of them are pretty damn cool, but a couple are true dickheads, they walk around with a chip on their shoulder and a hardon about something[one] everytime I see them, I deffinatly wouldn't want to have them pull me over for any reason.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
BTW ... I wasn't always the choir boy I am now .............

Another of life's illusions shattered by cold, hard fact!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#47]
I have plenty of encounters with law enforcement and I am always respectful and nice.  All of my records are squeeky clean and I have a respectable job.  I just really hate being treated with disrespect and talked down to everytime I am approached by an LEO when I have been very cooprative and respectful.   I also hate being treated like some lower class person when I approach an LEO to just talk to them about anything.    I do know many LEO's that I really and some of those I have even recieved tickets from.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BTW ... I wasn't always the choir boy I am now .............

Another of life's illusions shattered by cold, hard fact!

What tipped you off the tat's the language or the confession

Jeff_1
I have plenty of encounters with law enforcement and I am always respectful and nice. All of my records are squeeky clean and I have a respectable job. I just really hate being treated with disrespect and talked down to everytime I am approached by an LEO when I have been very cooprative and respectful. I also hate being treated like some lower class person when I approach an LEO to just talk to them about anything. I do know many LEO's that I really and some of those I have even recieved tickets from.

Ditto brother ditto.....

I think i've told the story before on this board about my best friend and me getting pulled over for no seatbelts....
MY partner almost got into a fist fight with the OHP and I swear in all honesty the cop smarted off to my partner and when he got smart back the cop freaked the fuck out....after baiting him....

The only thing that stoped the situation from going way the f@ck south was when my best friend got out at the oficers instruction he was way bigger the the OHP thought he was .......
The look on the cops face told me all I needed to know he was litterally runing around the front of my truck full intentions of  a smack down " i know cause i've seen that look before and had it on my own face"........... when he seen how big my buddy was he slowed down......
long story short a smaller guy would have gotten slamed guaranteed......

All this over a f@cking stupid 25$ ticket over dumb shit....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Okla-lawman said: "For someone eho claims to have been a cop"
TwoBravo said: "It's not a claim,it's a fact"

I know that Two Bravo was a dispatch so i was simply inquiring as the whether the requirements of working dispatch for his particular department were to have a LEO commission.

Sister,
The question was just an aside and yes,i admit it was a  thread drift,sorry

TwoBravo,it wasn't directed at you for any type of gain on my behalf,i was just curious as to the requirements because i was unaware of the LEO commission requirement.
Different departments have different requirements.
Obviously i missed the "it's not a claim,it's a fact" which did ansewr the question that YES. you were a commissioned LEO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Okla-lawman said: "For someone eho claims to have been a cop"
TwoBravo said: "It's not a claim,it's a fact"

I know that Two Bravo was a dispatch so i was simply inquiring as the whether the requirements of working dispatch for his particular department were to have a LEO commission.

Sister,
The question was just an aside and yes,i admit it was a  thread drift,sorry

TwoBravo,it wasn't directed at you for any type of gain on my behalf,i was just curious as to the requirements because i was unaware of the LEO commission requirement.
Different departments have different requirements.
Obviously i missed the "it's not a claim,it's a fact" which did ansewr the question that YES. you were a commissioned LEO.

Goddamn it J.P.  Take a hint.  Just like in high school, nobody wants you around!  Go back to secret closet society!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top