Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2003 8:51:38 AM EDT
I cannot make up my mind ... the AR is cool and accurate, but ... I used one last month and almost everybody used AR.  So I am thinking of something different this time.

SO what do you plan to use for running the course?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Sar 1, since i iknow the sar 2 i had cmmg order for me today wont be here. shotgun? you know how i shoot i might hit somthing then. im thinking of only bringing the ak, it has never been fired in 3 years and it needs to run. that way i only have to bring my muffs a hat, my camcoder since im going try to record this for everybody. and ammo. maybe that new dpms ar to just sight it in but not run the course with it. maybe my glock 17 dont know if i need a pistol. but if i just bring the ak i can then load up the mags and just put them in that new black hawk vest and only have to back 2 things and a ammo can for ammo. since i dont have a range bag any more. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm ... I wonder what happened to your poor range bag ....   :P
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll bring my 20" Bushmaster for anyone to use...

But I will be shooting my new M4 w/EOTech sight...

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
OZ, i wonder hwat happened to that bag?
Cutter that m4 sounds very nice cant wait to see it. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
So far what I plan to bring is;
1. AR15
2. SAR-2
3. Saiga .223 PG conversion (Basically an AK in .223 caliber)
CETME
4. M1 Carbine
5. maybe a pistol, Star Super A most likely.
6. Some sort of bolt rifle, leaning towards Enfield No4mk1.

Of course the video camera, digital camera will be there. Hopefully some lumber.
Should I bring some more of those big boxes? I can still get a few these couple days.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
1.  Bushy 20" bbl A2 AR-15
2.  SAR-1
3.  9mm Hi-Point Carbine Maybe
4.  SKS Maybe

Digital Camera
Video Camera
Cooler (with gatorade and wator for everyone)

Is 300 Rounds for the AR enough?....

Maybe someone could let me shoot their carbine, just for that extra little push to get me to buy another upper

Oh, yeah.  My Bushy just has a bushnel 3-9x scope on it.  Should I put the BSA red dot on it for Saturday's purpose's?  Yes I know I need an Eotech, maybe that's in line for X-mas

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#7]
82_Airborne, what type carbine you wanting to shoot, i can bring my bushmaster M4 and a Dpms light weight carbine, i just dont plan on shooting them but i can throw them in the car, if you want. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully I'll be shooting a full auto Krinkov, but I'm bringing a SAR-1 in case Jeff doesn't make it out to the shoot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]
LORD HELP THE HOSTAGE! Duke with full auto.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#10]
OK, that's it.  With Ron and Duke going AK, I will go with an AK as well.  We'll see how suitable (or, unsuitable) an AK type rifle for use in a hostage rescue type ops.  I just hope I dont lose any hostage due to flyers that my AK generously throws around from time to time ...
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hopefully I'll be shooting a full auto Krinkov, but I'm bringing a SAR-1 in case Jeff doesn't make it out to the shoot.

Well I for one am not going to patch up the targets after that one...
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I for one am not going to patch up the targets after that one...

Yep, you will need to replace the target completely after Duke is through with them.

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#13]
If you want I'll restrict myself to 30 and 40 round magazines and leave the 75 round drum behind... feel better now?

Actually I lied, the drum is coming too... beware!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#14]
i just cant wait to get that on tape. this is going be a blast. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]
yep, I am bringing my video and digital camera, we can post a bunch of pics after the shoot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll bring:

1) 20" AR with ELCAN
2) 16" AR
3) Bushmaster M17S

Is a handgun useful or fun for this shoot?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm bringing a Makarov but its just for shits and giggles--its possible that the scenario will call for a switch to sidearm, who knows?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top