Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 8:37:42 AM EDT
Advice again please guys !

What do you think caused this on my cases ?

It happened to me a couple of times the other week but i put it down to my reloading, so this week i made sure my reloading was spot on, all the cases were the same size but i still got 2 of these out of 40

As i pull the charging handle back and release the bolt, it seems to start to push the case forward then it looks like the bullet head gets jammed in the teeth where the bolt goes through ( sorry, i dont know the correct terminology for the parts ).

I changed mags, changed the length of the overall size and still it happened to me today

I'm confused, has anyone had a similar problem to this ?

Steve
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Bad mag??
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]
From the score marks it would appear that the bolt is riding along the top of the cartridge and stripping it to the point of release, then punching the round  in the side.  My Remmy does this occasionally when the mag isn't seated correctly?

What mags have you tried?  Are they locking home ok?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bad mag??

I tried 3 ? How unluckys that !

One was the colt one i got from Matt, nice and new.

I've got more, so next time i go i'll give em a try.

Cheers for the input

Steve
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From the score marks it would appear that the bolt is riding along the top of the cartridge and stripping it to the point of release, then punching the round  in the side.  My Remmy does this occasionally when the mag isn't seated correctly?

What mags have you tried?  Are they locking home ok?

Colt mag, dpms mag and no name on the third one only 04TQ4.

But like i say, it could just be unlucky, i'll try more .

Cheers

Steve
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are they locking home ok?

Or resting on the ground?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#6]
short stroking the bolt could cause the round to half feed and then get jammed.
It's happened to me on occations, but being left-handed I could see what happened.

The bolt doesn't clear the next case but still manages to start the strip process (you're probably only a fraction of a milimetre short), as the round begins to feed up it is eventually jammed between the mag/receiver and the bolt.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Cheers Matt

I might have guessed it would be something i done wrong, I'll practice my stroke some more ( dont even think about it !! )

New mag and a good pull was all i needed

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top