Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 5:29:14 PM EDT
There's job possibilities opening up for my company out in Frisco, TX.  Am I crazy for thinking of it?  The last time I was in the Dallas area was 10 years ago, and I never got around to Frisco that I remember....

Woody
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ohhh....You mean the city of Frisco....

I bet Frisco would know.  

HA HA HA!  

Just for that, if I get out there, I want some more time behind that MP5SD!!

Woody  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
what company?-- had some leads for jobs over there this week...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey now, I wasn't speeding.  I just didn't wait the requisite 1 second after signalling my lane change before I commenced it.  

Nice truck.  Out-of-state tag.  Police magnet, apparently.

Woody
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

T-Mobile
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:37:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

T-Mobile

damn-- almost 2 months ago I had a contractor wanting to place me at their plano office... which is just down the tollway from Frisco. I wanted to take it, but declined since I just took another offer that has the most relaxed environment at any company I've seen...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in Frisco, and I love it.  It is a low key suburban area filled with soccer moms.  I try not to let them bother mehicles
Housing costs are very, very cheap when compared to just about any other metropolitan area.  My house would have cost 2.5 times as much in the suburban Chicago town I moved from.  There are also other areas close by with different life styles.  You can go more upscale with gated communities & security guards, you can go blue collar with cheaper housing (and broken cars in the driveway), or you could even get a place with some acreage without having to drive too far.

This area has basically been under drought conditions since I moved here a year ago.  Hopefully we might get some rain in the upcoming months.  But this is great if you drive a motorcycle.

One down side to this area IMHO is that the roads have not kept up with the volume of people that are moving here.  The Tollway and 121 won't be done for a year or two and a lot of the through streets are just single lane in each direction.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Frisco is a little more upscale, you won't see non-running vehicles parked in driveways (or on lawns), most neighborhoods have Home Owners Associations, and some of them have some Nazi type rules.

Only neighborhoods with HOAs will be more upscale... ever explore downtown area, and north of that area?

Housing costs are very, very cheap when compared to just about any other metropolitan area.  My house would have cost 2.5 times as much in the suburban Chicago town I moved from.  There are also other areas close by with different life styles.  You can go more upscale with gated communities & security guards, you can go blue collar with cheaper housing (and broken cars in the driveway), or you could even get a place with some acreage without having to drive too far.

+1 there. Housing in TX is generally cheaper than other places, like CA.

One down side to this area IMHO is that the roads have not kept up with the volume of people that are moving here.  The Tollway and 121 won't be done for a year or two and a lot of the through streets are just single lane in each direction.

I drive through there all the time.

Which roads are single lane in each direction?

Most roads I've seen, for the major thoroughfares, are two lanes or more. Coit was just expanded last year. Ohio too. Preston is being all changed up... Most roads I recall are *at least* two lanes on each side... especially on the roads around Preston...

What part do you live?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I am on the far west side near 423.  Half of 423 just had a lane added south of 720, but the north bound side is still one lane.  All of 423 is single lane north of 720.  Lebanon is single lane from 423 to almost Legacy.

If you live in far north Frisco the only roads that go all the way straight through to 121 (and further south) are the Tollway and 423.  Oops, I forgot Legacy, that was recently opened up from Eldorado to Lebanon.

Right now it is a nightmare trying to cross 121 during rush hour at any intersection from 423 east to the Tollway.  And while the Tollway has no issues crossing 423 proper, it has extreme issues north of there during the afternoon rush and south of there during the morning rush, not to mention the parking lot southbound on the Tollway from Stonebriar to Gaylord in the morning.

But my point is, compared to places I have lived before, this area is lacking some infrastucture as far as traffic handling goes.  When the Tollway and 121 are completed, we will see much friendlier traffic patterns.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey Woody, come on over, there's nuthin not to like, cept it gets hot in the summertime. But, it's a dry heat . Traffic is bad there now , the roads are trying to catchup with the growth. Let us know if you come to check it out. See ya, Wayne
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top