Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 6:44:35 AM EDT

I live in New Jersey.  The gun laws are the worst here than anywhere I know.  Perhaps this thread belongs in the "general" section (and might likely end up there), but I will try my luck where the most traffic is.  I own an AR-15, as well as other firearms.  I hear that if the democrats stay in power, this could become a "gun-free" state by '08.  Stun guns and hand-cuffs are already illegal to own privately here, so I wouldn't be suprised.
 After New Orleans, I wonder.  Anyone out there know what I can do to really be effective in fighting this battle that could one day wind up on your doorstep?  Who is the one person in govnt now that can help?  Local Republican politicians barely even address the issue, so frig them.  Who can get results??  Is there even anyone?
  By the way, one footnote.  They say that N.J. residents are abrasive and rude, which to a certain extent is very true.  So I wonder, WHERE THE FUCK DO ALL OF THESE PANZI LOVING FUCKING LIBERALS KEEP COMING FROM!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You should check out the NJ hometown forum. We are having a shoot  on 9/24.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I feel your pain friend... I lived there for 35 years and finally could not take it anymore. Thankfully my job transfered me out.

no worries though, at least you have your AR and can shoot it. the I just don't understand the M1carbine issues though...

Have a slice of pizza for me... nobody knows how to make pizza here in TX
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I moved to NC from NJ about 3 years ago.  I got interested in ARs right after 9/11.  Needless to say it's now ARs, AKs, FAL, M14 etc.  The New Orleans debacle should scare the shit out those living in NJ.  Let me tell ya, if some natural, chemical, biological disaster ever hits New York City guess which direction the 10million refugees are heading.  Yep, by train, by car, by bus, and by foot to New Jersey.  An AR will help, but I would create a plan for an immediate evac for yourself to get west and south ASAP.  We haven't begun to see a SHTF scenario yet until a major metropolitan area is hit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I feel your pain friend... I lived there for 35 years and finally could not take it anymore. Thankfully my job transfered me out.

no worries though, at least you have your AR and can shoot it. the I just don't understand the M1carbine issues though...

Have a slice of pizza for me... nobody knows how to make pizza here in TX

Eh oH!!!! +1 on the pizza

Luckily there are some nice pizza places in SE MI but mostly run by Italian Americans who probably came from the East Coast. They have the accent!

I lived in NJ for 20+ years and moved to MI, I was reading up on how to purchase firearms in NJ for a few friends who still lived there, and YIKES. What a PITA. It would have cost me nearly $80 to do a transfer for a Glock pistol, plus registration, and I'd have a mag cap limit of 15 rd.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I want NJ to get better or I want to move, heh...Of course, I do live right next to Trenton so I have a reason I want to carry..heh...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The gun laws in NJ are very restrictive. The good part is the politicians do not know how to write law. I can own just about anything anyone else can except I can't have a flash suppressor or a bayo lug or certain wording on the rifle model. I can have a permanently attached muzzle break. And as far as I know there hasn't been a drive by bayoneting in the recent past. the only thing that is really difficult, on rifles, is the 15 round mag limit. We have FFL's that convert ours from 20 or 30 to 15. As for the FH, they didn't have them on the Garand and alot of those were made. They look cool but are useless. In fact the A1 used to kick up dirt giving away a position hence the A2. The M1 carbine made the banned list because when the bill was being written there was some gang that used it in a shooting. Wrong place wrong time for the poor M1. Handguns are difficult also. Not so much difficult as a hassle but we can have 15 round mags and pop those rounds as fast as we can pull the trigger. One other thing, The laws are so difficult to understand the majority of police only have a small working knowledge and unless you are carrying an uzi, which is banned, Your likelyhood of trouble is remote.

As for NJ residents being rude, our State motto is small state BIG attitude and proud of it. I would like to know who we are compared to when you say we are rude?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The gun laws in NJ are very restrictive. The good part is the politicians do not know how to write law. I can own just about anything anyone else can except I can't have a flash suppressor or a bayo lug or certain wording on the rifle model. I can have a permanently attached muzzle break. And as far as I know there hasn't been a drive by bayoneting in the recent past. the only thing that is really difficult, on rifles, is the 15 round mag limit. We have FFL's that convert ours from 20 or 30 to 15. As for the FH, they didn't have them on the Garand and alot of those were made. They look cool but are useless. In fact the A1 used to kick up dirt giving away a position hence the A2. The M1 carbine made the banned list because when the bill was being written there was some gang that used it in a shooting. Wrong place wrong time for the poor M1. Handguns are difficult also. Not so much difficult as a hassle but we can have 15 round mags and pop those rounds as fast as we can pull the trigger. One other thing, The laws are so difficult to understand the majority of police only have a small working knowledge and unless you are carrying an uzi, which is banned, Your likelyhood of trouble is remote.

As for NJ residents being rude, our State motto is small state BIG attitude and proud of it. I would like to know who we are compared to when you say we are rude?

Those from NYC and Long Island.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
One other thing, The laws are so difficult to understand the majority of police only have a small working knowledge and unless you are carrying an uzi, which is banned, Your likelyhood of trouble is remote.

I have to believe that even a common patrolman knows to look for the basics, such as a 30 round mag or a bayonet lug.  From what I know, if you get pulled over with a post-ban AR but the officer is not sure of what you have is fully legal, the weapon will be confiscated until it is verified to be legit.  It is guilty until proven innocent here, so I wouldn't want to get pulled over with one and have to find out.  But, I suppose there are some officers who wouldn't know the difference or care.
  As for the comment regarding rudness, at 36 I am a lifelong resident of this state.  I have also traveled to many other states over the years.  There is no doubt, we are much more abrasive here (NJ/NY City/Phila) than anywhere.
   That said, there are a great many genuinely nice people here, as well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#9]
NJ sucks.  But I have to stay because of my governmant JOB.    If you are not restricted by your work, set up duel residency in a gun friendly state. then buy the guns you want there and store them. as for NJ cops, Most do not know the diferrence.  One guy I work with charged a guy with an assault weapon for having a Hi-Point carbine. Another charged a guy w/ High cap mag for having fifteen rounds.  Most of the cops got confused with the federal ban.  Cops are exempt from the assault weapon and machinegun ban, but that will soon be a thing of the past thanks to Gov. Codey.
There will b no relief in the future either.  Corzine will definately win the Gov. Spot.  Forrester is to cowerdly to court the pro-gun voters, so we are going to stay home that day for the vote.  It is time to move.  Sell your overpriced house to some New Yorker, and move to a more gun friendly state.  It is ashame, NJ has the best food, especially Italian.  One could adjust just to be free.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
NJ sucks.  But I have to stay because of my governmant JOB.    If you are not restricted by your work, set up duel residency in a gun friendly state. then buy the guns you want there and store them. as for NJ cops, Most do not know the diferrence.  One guy I work with charged a guy with an assault weapon for having a Hi-Point carbine. Another charged a guy w/ High cap mag for having fifteen rounds.  Most of the cops got confused with the federal ban.  Cops are exempt from the assault weapon and machinegun ban, but that will soon be a thing of the past thanks to Gov. Codey.
There will b no relief in the future either.  Corzine will definately win the Gov. Spot.  Forrester is to cowerdly to court the pro-gun voters, so we are going to stay home that day for the vote.  It is time to move.  Sell your overpriced house to some New Yorker, and move to a more gun friendly state.  It is ashame, NJ has the best food, especially Italian.  One could adjust just to be free.

Exactly right, everything you said.  Cops will tend to err on the side of caution, at your expense.  But, why is there no way to win this battle?  Even something like New Orleans can't get people to realize the importance of protecting yourself, your family and belongings?  No one wants to say it, but the simple fact is that the minorities in Newark, Trenton and Camden are really deciding the future of this state by electing these Democratic closet-homos.  There is a sizeable Republican element in the state, and the last election showed that.  Why can't we effectively mobilize on this issue?
  Fortunately, I did live w/ my mother in PA just outside Phila for a couple years during High School, and I know that side if the bridge well.  I could live there if necessary.  People are nicer there anyway.  Still, I hate to give in to "them".  And, what if PA is next, or NY?  Where will this stop?
  I just donated to a group I did not even know existed two weeks ago (NJCSD.org).  I hope they can help the cause.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cops are exempt from the assault weapon and machinegun ban

LEOs are not blanketly exempt from the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:29:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope the "enforement" person you work with was repremanded and retrained or fired for his ignorance of the law. I also hope those people sued your agency for false arrest and attorney's fees.

As for being pulled over, If my weapons are in the trunk where they should be and I am on my way TO or FROM the range, how does he get in the trunk?

As for confiscating legally owned  and carried firearms, I think an apology and a lawsuit may be in order.

As for rudeness, I think alot of people not from the area mistake that with getting what we want.

I will take living in NJ over some podunk town in the middle of some cornfield somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#13]
If you want to know what we can do to fight this, then drop me an e-mail.
I am looking for a few good men, and women, who are actually willing to take the fight to the government and win.
The laws in this country have been twisted, abused and interpreted for the benefit of the government.
The plan is simple, use the law as it has been written and intended to personally attack those who pretend to enforce laws that cannot exist within the confines of the Constitution. All laws written for the administrative process can only be enforced by contract. Go before a municipal court judge, who by the way is not a judge, and he enforces a contract that you have made to abide by administrative law. For example a drivers license is a contract that you sign to agree that you will abide by laws that can only apply to commercial vehicles. The courts have upheld on a number of occasions that the state cannot create such laws upon private vehicle or owners.
The Supreme Court ruled back in 1939 that all law was promulgated in the manner of contract. None of our constitutions allow for the creation of such laws so the state creates a twisted enforcement of contract.
Now we must use that knowledge in order to counter attack much the same as the left uses the courts to create laws. I see it as the only way to win. The NRA, and other organizations, do not fight to uphold the law but rather to work within this system and thereby eventually put us into a corner that in untenable.
Please visit this site www.cafr1.com/ and www.restoretherepublic.org in order to get a general idea of what is going on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you want to know what we can do to fight this, then drop me an e-mail.
I am looking for a few good men, and women, who are actually willing to take the fight to the government and win.
The laws in this country have been twisted, abused and interpreted for the benefit of the government.
The plan is simple, use the law as it has been written and intended to personally attack those who pretend to enforce laws that cannot exist within the confines of the Constitution. All laws written for the administrative process can only be enforced by contract. Go before a municipal court judge, who by the way is not a judge, and he enforces a contract that you have made to abide by administrative law. For example a drivers license is a contract that you sign to agree that you will abide by laws that can only apply to commercial vehicles. The courts have upheld on a number of occasions that the state cannot create such laws upon private vehicle or owners.
The Supreme Court ruled back in 1939 that all law was promulgated in the manner of contract. None of our constitutions allow for the creation of such laws so the state creates a twisted enforcement of contract.
Now we must use that knowledge in order to counter attack much the same as the left uses the courts to create laws. I see it as the only way to win. The NRA, and other organizations, do not fight to uphold the law but rather to work within this system and thereby eventually put us into a corner that in untenable.
Please visit this site www.cafr1.com/ and www.restoretherepublic.org in order to get a general idea of what is going on.

???  My driver's license  can only apply to commercial vehicles?  The state cannot create such laws upon private vehicles or owners?  What are you smoking?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#15]
GoingInCognito

Have you ever read the law? Do you know that each term must have a definition within the law?
Did you know that common terminology does not apply to any definitions within a law?
Did you know that Title 18 of US code defines 'motor vehicle' as a commercial vehicle?
Did you know that the courts have stated that a personal vehicle is not a 'motor vehicle?'
“The term ‘motor vehicle’ is different and broader than the word ‘automobile.’” City of Dayton v. DeBrosse 23 N.E. 647, 650
Do you have a clue as to what you are talking about?
First of all I did not say that your drivers license can only apply to commercial vehicles, registrations apply to vehicles.
Your license applies to you because you sign a contract that states it applies to you. The state cannot enforce such a law; it is as old as the Constitution. In 1939, in order for FDR to push through his programs he was able to maneuver the court so that he could get one that made contract law the prevalent rule.
Listen, I don't mind you disagreeing but if you write derogatory remarks and you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about just shut your mouth. Perhaps if no-nothings like you would get out of the way we could actually take this country back.
This is why we are in such a sad state of affairs. We have people like the Team Member's here who know nothing and come up with clever statements like, "What are you smoking?"

www.restoretherepublic.org

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:52:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
GoingInCognito

Have you ever read the law? Do you know that each term must have a definition within the law?
Did you know that common terminology does not apply to any definitions within a law?
Did you know that Title 18 of US code defines 'motor vehicle' as a commercial vehicle?
Did you know that the courts have stated that a personal vehicle is not a 'motor vehicle?'
“The term ‘motor vehicle’ is different and broader than the word ‘automobile.’” City of Dayton v. DeBrosse 23 N.E. 647, 650
Do you have a clue as to what you are talking about?
First of all I did not say that your drivers license can only apply to commercial vehicles, registrations apply to vehicles.
Your license applies to you because you sign a contract that states it applies to you. The state cannot enforce such a law; it is as old as the Constitution. In 1939, in order for FDR to push through his programs he was able to maneuver the court so that he could get one that made contract law the prevalent rule.
Listen, I don't mind you disagreeing but if you write derogatory remarks and you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about just shut your mouth. Perhaps if no-nothings like you would get out of the way we could actually take this country back.
This is why we are in such a sad state of affairs. We have people like the Team Member's here who know nothing and come up with clever statements like, "What are you smoking?"

www.restoretherepublic.org

This is certainly interesting information.  Supposing that it is true (and I am not saying it isn't), what would most courts do with these interpretations if it ever came down to let's say, getting caught with a thirty round magazine in the car in NJ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't usually feed the trolls and I'm not about to start now.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I don't usually feed the trolls and I'm not about to start now.  

Why the f--- do you keep posting responses, to give people a hard time?  You have added nothing of any use to this thread but to show that you believe you are smarter than everyone else with your witty bullshit answers.  If he is wrong, and he may be, can you explain why?  If not, keep your worthless replys to yourself.  Maybe someone like this will find the legal loophole to stop this state from enacting their crap laws.
   You are either the typical sit back and take it up the ass type or a cop yourself who thinks civilians are not responsible enough to own firearms.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Personal attacks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top