Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2003 8:57:27 AM EDT
I am a 45 guy. So 1911 for me. When I need to go smaller most likely a Smith model 60. How about you all?
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Bersa Thunder 380 ACP:

Compact
Lightweight
Reasonably Accurate
Reliable when not using cheap Winchester AMMO (Federal Hydroshocks are the best)
Easily concealed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I plan to carry a Springfield XD 9mm or get a new Taurus or Beretta in 40s&w.

I would actually rather have a .357sig, like the glock 31, but, the glock grips are such a bitch to fire at the range. after a hundred rounds, the grip "bites" the area of my hand between thumb and index finger.

I was also looking at the new taurus millenium/pro series. prices look good and the pistol grip is very comforable. (alsmost as nice as my XD9, but it weighs less)

For now, I will just stick with my XD9 and uncle mike's side kick .

Now, all we have to do is get the 1994 AWB to expire and we can all go back to using 15rd mags

-Warlock
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It's time to switch to my summer gun......which I don't have yet.  It's going to be a S&W 342...this baby is so light, I can carry it IWB in my speedo.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's time to switch to my summer gun......which I don't have yet.  It's going to be a S&W 342...this baby is so light, I can carry it IWB in my speedo.

LMFAO Lurch!!!  Just make sure none of US see you carrying "Incogspeedo".  Let us know when you head to the Lake beaches in MPLS, so we don't show up and have to see you in a speedo!  Lord, I hope no hairy lilly-white minnesotans wear nut-huggers.

Gotta admit having a carry piece in there would make one's package appear as though he's more well-endowed.      (Unless you have a "holster" there)
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
you really want to impress the ladies you should carry a BFR in your speedo!
This is a great excuse to pick-up a new handgun.
If Springfield makes the XD compact in .40 or .357 Sig I am gonna buy it! I am a big guy so my Kimber TLE should do nicely for now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm gonna carry my 88 magnum; it shoots thru schools!

Seriously, as much as I love my 1911, I'd probably go with my G22 in a waist band rig. It's a toss up.

Does anyone know what the qualifications are going to be?  Also, does anyone know where a person could look at the finished bill?

Sleepy717
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I plan to carry my Springfield Compact(.45 of course) that just came back from J&S in Lakeville, it was massaged to shoot 165 gr. Fed per.protection loads reliably....tuned,polished. iNuhBaDNayburhood and SLEEPY717 shot it on saturday at Oakdale.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeeeees, MNB, that .45 of yours is sweet.  Next time I see you, I wanted to find out more about what you had done.  The quality of work looked to be very nice.  
Sleepy717
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, it certainly was a sweet .45!  I hit my target more accurately with yours than I did with my own pistol!  (Though that distance was kind of pushing it for a Mouse-Gun)

Thanks again for letting us AR15.com guys join your dad, and your son there...  It certainly was a fun time.

I still need to buy a 1911A1 .45 for carry after I get more money, and a CCW Permit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I plan on carrying my S&W Model 66 357 mag revolver.......if there are more than 6 predators, Scott can have the rest........
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Think I would be able to conceal my 16" AR?  Or would I have to put on a few pounds and wear a trench coat all the time?

LOL
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I've changed my mind on the S&W, I'm going to carry this one.

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe the requirements are set out as such.
(at least Armored Fired does this)
Show proficiency at the following:
6 shots slow fire and 6 shots rapid fire at distances of 5, 10, 15, and 25 yards.
Show proficiency at drawing your firearm:
holstered and unholstered (I think)
Show proficiency at shooting from different stances and with different types of pistol positions.

then there is the book work. I believe that all the local shops do have a written exam as part of their training classes.

Most classes are at least 6 hours. Some are a bit longer.

-Warlock
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I was looking to post the picture of Neo going through the scanner (Matrix) But couldn't find it ( I got tired of pop-up ads and ill behaved java scripts.)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#15]
..44 mag automatic, chrome...mercury tipped bullets melt the dome....
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Do I really have to make a choice?  As we all know there are 7 days in a week, I think that means ill have to deside what im wearing.
Just kidding. Im trying to deside if its a g22 or a S&W 5903. only time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anybody know if you have to be certified on each gun you plan to carry?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Good Question, but I would GUESS (not legal advice) that you'd only have to get certified with one, and that shows responsibility/proof of proficiency in use.  I don't think that you'd have to qualify with each gun you'll carry.  Just one is my guess.  Does anybody know the answer for sure?  I'd like to know as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#19]
the course Mnblaster and I went through, they didn't even put down the pistol models we had...
So, I think you can carry whatever you want to carry............
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#20]
    I'm scheduled to take a handgun training class coming up on May 27th.  There is a company called Plus-P that offers a class for A LOT less than what Bill's Gun Range charges.  When I signed up I was able to enrole for $95.00, but since then the cost has jumped to $130.00.  Still cheaper than $215.00 at Bill's.
    I plan to carry a Grendel P-12 .380 with Cor-Bon JHP.  Crappy gun?  Well probably, but I bought it about 10 years ago and it was cheap.  Simple, 10 + 1, light weight, and very easy to conceal.

Happy and SAFE shooting!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#21]
[snatch]

The side of your gun says replica

The side of my guns says Desert Eagle point 5-oh

[/snatch]

Damn, too bad I sold my Tec-9.  I could'a chrome plated it and had a 36 round 9mm bling-bling!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Thinking about getting a cheap Makarov or CZ & then a Kimber 45 later.

mnblaster, how do you like J & S?

neutom72, you should consider Defensive Edge.  They have a good course & they were having a special for ar15.com members @ $75 each.  (It's very businesslike but still fun.)

www.defensive-edge.net/
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
[snatch]

[/snatch]

Damn, too bad I sold my Tec-9.  I could'a chrome plated it and had a 36 round 9mm bling-bling!

Someday I'm'ona git me ona'deez but chrome-plate dat sucka fo da bling bling fo-sho...

NEW MPA 30 9mm Sten w/ Rail & Side-Cocking...  Da Tru Ghetto Blasta

Yo Tec-9 gat coo', o uh jam-o-matic?
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
[snatch]

[/snatch]

Someday I'm'ona git me ona'deez but chrome-plate dat sucka fo da bling bling fo-sho...

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
[snatch]

[/snatch]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top