Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/7/2004 7:23:57 AM EST
Just curious, thinking about a supressor for my Walther P-22.

I have moved twice in the last 3 years (to ND, then back to TX this spring). Strike 1?

I am a trucker and have no "traditional residence" as I'm on the road about 300 days a year Strike 2??

I would like a supressor for collector purposes, and to enjoy the full designed potential of my .22LR pistol.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:10:28 AM EST
Do you have a driver's license? If so, you have to have an address for that.

No problems as long as LEO signs....Tarrant County is good to go. (Sheriff)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:24:20 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:26:10 PM EST
Just don't SPEED in Dalworthington Gardens....Definitely the revenue stream of choice for the town.
Most streets are 30 MPH. I lived there for 6 years, and drive through it daily. I always see 'em working the streets.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:44:45 PM EST
I e-mailed Sherriff Anderson (Tarrant Co) last year about form 4 signoff. Amazingly, he responded to my e-mail the next day and said that if you had a clean criminal record he would sign off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:18:22 AM EST
Anyone have any info on a sign off for denton county?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:02:38 AM EST
Denton County Sherriff's office signs...(not actual sherriff but his appointee)
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:35:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By TheTacticalSolution:
They shouldn't care about you moving and as long as you've got some type of permenant residence in Tarrant Co. then you should be good to go. If you happen to live in Dalworthington Gardens then you could probably get the chief of police to sign for you as well. He's a pretty gun friendly guy. I bought a few machineguns from the DGPD a few years back and he was nice to deal with.


Thanks for the info guys. Problem appears to continue to be my lack of a fixed structure to wit I proclaim "HOME!!!!".

Being on the road 300+ days a year basically makes it cost prohibitive for me to maintain any type of apartment. (read: It takes money away from buying guns).

I maintain a secure storage where I keep my stuff, and I have a safe place for my guns.

I just get my mail sent to a mailbox place, and that's the address I use on my DL. DPS didn't even bat an eye at that when I got my license down here either time, and I have a CDL with Haz-Mat!

Maybe I need to put this idea on the back burner till I grow up a little more, park the truck and...

[George Thorogood]...Get a REAL job!!![/Lonesome George]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:13:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By frisco:
Denton County Sherriff's office signs...(not actual sherriff but his appointee)

Who would that be?, I want a short barreled FN FAL
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:44:20 AM EST

Denton County Sherriff's office signs...(not actual sherriff but his appointee)

His name is Johnny Guest.
Top Top