Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:24:53 AM EDT
I've had a VEPR 308 on the EE for awhile with little or no interest. I can take it, what am I doing wrong? I thought GA was the place for VPER's. I think my price is right, but I may be missing something. I'm up for some good constructive feedback.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know.  Sometimes things can be slow on there.  

Have you decided to ship it out of state?  That might help.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Also a VEPR 308 is a specialty gun and not a whimsical purchase. It'll take time to find a buyer.

If you ship out of state you'll increase your market by a large factor.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I may just do that. It would multiply my target audience by quite a bit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Out of the ~6 guns I have sold on there only one was a FTF in GA.

Like ZZTop said "I'm nation wide"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
We is all po crackas here in Gawja.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
First thing is, I know of 3 vepr .308 that have gone in the 500 range. I paid 500 shipped for mine and it came with a choate drag stock, a wood stockset, 1 5 and 2 10 round mags, a harris bipod and it had <100 rounds of target ammo through it. Try splitting it up, IM genghis kahn, I know he was looking for a wood stockset. look for him in the russian forums on the AK side. I could have bought a brand new one for $614 shipped, but I found the one on the EE and couldnt pass it up.  Drop the price into the 500s and someone will take it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First thing is I know of 3 vepr .308 that have gone in the 500 range. I paid 500 shipped for mine and it came with a choate drag stock, a wood stockset, 1 5 and 2 10 round mags, a harris bipod and it had <100 rounds of target ammo through it. Try splitting it up, IM genghis kahn I know he was looking for a wood stockset. look for him in the russian forums on the AK side. I could have bought a brand new one for $614 shipped but I found the one on the EE and couldnt pass it up.  Drop the price into the 500s and someone will take it.

+1, I just bought one with only 100rds through it  with a new $150 POSP scope  for $525 shipped for the package. They are $597  new with muzzle brake or flash hider from Sniper Country. Your rifle is very nice, but I think a fair price would be $500-$525 for the rifle, and sell the wood stock seperate for $75.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody know what an extra mag is worth? I know they are not cheap like regualr AK mags, but I'm not sure. I was kinda thinking it was worth about $25. My thinking was $525 for the gun, $75 for the stockset, and $25 for the mag? I just hate to split it up. Hell, I may just keep it, it's agreat shooter. You can never have too many 308's, I got a Saiga, and a Chinese M1A. Plus, I just dumped one of my pistols, so now I got the cash if I can locate the right Arsenal AK.

Thanks for the tips guys.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Anybody know what an extra mag is worth? I know they are not cheap like regualr AK mags, but I'm not sure. I was kinda thinking it was worth about $25. My thinking was $525 for the gun, $75 for the stockset, and $25 for the mag? I just hate to split it up. Hell, I may just keep it, it's agreat shooter. You can never have too many 308's, I got a Saiga, and a Chinese M1A. Plus, I just dumped one of my pistols, so now I got the cash if I can locate the right Arsenal AK.

Thanks for the tips guys.

I'll take the mag if you want to sell it and it's a 10 rd. And I think your break-down of value is very reasonable.

ETA I also IM'ed you a trade offer for the gun and mags minus the wood stock, which I think you could easily sell for $75-$85 on the EE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top