Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 5:22:23 PM EDT
Visiting the girlfriend's family in that area. Any good ranges? I prefer shooting at distance, but I kinda doubt I'll be able to find a 1000 yard range lol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Delray shooting center

Palm Beach shooting center

gator gun  range

guns and range near downtown w.p.b.

all of these are indoor

i do not know if the the one out west
is finished yet, but it is an outdoor range
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Delray shooting center

Palm Beach shooting center

gator gun  range

guns and range near downtown w.p.b.

all of these are indoor

i do not know if the the one out west
is finished yet, but it is an outdoor range
View Quote

Thank you sir! I'll definitely check all of those out. Are there any 100+ yard ranges within an hour or two's driving distance?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. down in markham park towards ft lauderdale.
there supposed to be one in Miami area somewhere
but that was being built recently and i do not know if it is finished.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Palm Beach County Sheriff's range.....outdoor.

http://discover.pbcgov.org/fdo/Pages/Shooting-Range.aspx

Shoot Straight; Southern Blvd just east of the turnpike exit.

https://shoot-straight.com/locations-and-ranges/west-palm-beach/
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Okeechobee shooting sports has a 200 yard range 1.5 hours from you and manatee gun range has 1000 3 hours from you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Okeechobee shooting sports has a 200 yard range 1.5 hours from you and manatee gun range has 1000 3 hours from you.
View Quote
Free advice worth what you paid for it >>> I would STAY AWAY from OSS - their information gathering is intrusive in my opinion.  Not worth the ride plus invasion of privacy for merely a 200 yard range IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I would stay away from Delray Shooting center.

I've known several people who were treated like garbage there.

Shoot straight has been decent the couple of times I've gone there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:14:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same goes for the one in Lake Worth.

I think they're connected, not positive though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Delray when I was there in the summer refused to let me use my own ammo unless I forked over some membership fee & joined their little club.

Anyone know what happened to the big shooting park that was being built in West west palm?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Delray when I was there in the summer refused to let me use my own ammo unless I forked over some membership fee & joined their little club.

Anyone know what happened to the big shooting park that was being built in West west palm?
View Quote

Hey Fuzzy

It's under construction,  it is gonna be EPIC, 300 yd lanes to start..

Riveria Beach is a 2 way range..definitely worth the visit and it borders WPB.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I checked in on the new range out west and I would guess a couple more months before the first phase opens. Looks like a bunch of berms at this point and nothing else.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I checked in on the new range out west and I would guess a couple more months before the first phase opens. Looks like a bunch of berms at this point and nothing else.
View Quote

Where is it going to be?

I've heard out Southern Blvd., the Beeline and even Northlake.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#14]
If they're talking the Mecca Farms range. It'll be right across the road from the Stumpers Grade entrance to Corbett on Seminole Pratt Whitney. Type in "PB Shooting Range" in Google Maps.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they're talking the Mecca Farms range. It'll be right across the road from the Stumpers Grade entrance to Corbett on Seminole Pratt Whitney. Type in "PB Shooting Range" in Google Maps.
View Quote

Interesting, hope they make it accessible from the Beeline.

I thought I read they were turning all that land into another 'Abacoa', extending PGA out to Northlake.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Dont think the entrance will extend to Beeline at all. Have to take Northlake to Seminole Pratt and go north to just about the end.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dont think the entrance will extend to Beeline at all. Have to take Northlake to Seminole Pratt and go north to just about the end.
View Quote

I saw a copy of the plans for the range and you're right about the location of the entrance.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:41:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I work out that way in the Park of Commerce park. Sucks about no bee line access. I could go shoot at lunch or after work while the wife takes her 530 to 630 Piliates class everyday.

Just happy to have it, we have suffered for decades since the Shell pits closed.

I bet it will hurt OK shooting park big time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I haven't been out that way in a while but I'm pretty sure you can get to Seminole Pratt Whitney from Bee Line. You just have to take Halpatiokee south west from Bee Line you'll know the road because it's the second road that crosses the rail tracks after the little air port out there. Though that's going pretty out of your way to get there unless you're already on Bee Line or live north of Northlake.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Isn't Halpatiokee road gated?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with the DSC sentiment. I don't shoot there anymore.

Palm Beach Shooting Center (in Lake Worth) is great IMO. Not as clean of a range as Shoot Strsight, but then again I don't go for the polished mahogany either. I shoot what I want, how I want, no dumb questions or rules as far as I've seen. They have zero affiliation with DSC.

Nice guys, good service, reasonable prices.....not sure what the complaint would be.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#22]
In Florida now. Checked out Shoot Straight and it was filled with a bunch of people with 8 or so 25 yard shooting lanes. I think there's some sorta gun show promotion. Apparently y'all have a 5 business day waiting period just to pick up a new gun? Sure is different here in Florida haha. Was recommended by a couple people there to check out okeechobee for longer distance shooting, shooting steel, and full auto friendly fun. But what's this about information gathering?? I may make the drive up Sunday or Monday just to tour the range. Didn't bring any guns or ammo on my flight here.

Quoted:
Free advice worth what you paid for it >>> I would STAY AWAY from OSS - their information gathering is intrusive in my opinion.  Not worth the ride plus invasion of privacy for merely a 200 yard range IMHO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Isn't Halpatiokee road gated?
View Quote
Correct. The only access is from Northlake. The new range has the covers over the firing line complete and it looks like the berms are done. Not seeing the check in/ bathrooms though!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Okeechobee range that does full auto is only open to the public thu-sun.

The better OK Corral Gun Club is open 7 days to the public right now. I'll be there Tuesday and can bring a few guns for you to shoot if you like. Let me know. I have a Tikka CTR that is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday!
View Quote
Oh man, I leave early Tuesday morning. Thanks for your generosity though! If you ever swing through Oklahoma, I can take you out to let that Tikka loose out to over half a mile!

There's a really good chance I'll be moving to West Palm Beach permanently around this time next year. Checked out the OK Corral Gun Club page and my head swooned knowing y'all have SASS there haha. Any 3 gun matches in the area?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top