Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2018 4:13:41 PM EDT
We are at the lake and trying to decide which day would be best for the Waterpark.

Tomorrow the temp looks good but all the national sites say chance for morning storms.

Any local source for me to check?
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You're from Missouri. You should know better than to want a forecast on the weather.

Wait 5 minutes. It'll be different.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:07:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I just use the Google search bar, for the forecast in whatever area. For here in Russellville, I Google Forecast 65074.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 4:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Weather Underground seems to run as accurate as any of 'em.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol.

All the national sites missed it big time.

It seems like the Columbia station was accurate though.

Waterpark tomorrow!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Masters Degree in Atmospheric Science, so easy for me to say … but start reading the National Weather Service forecast discussion every day, correlate it to what you observe on radar and satellite with patterns.  And over time, you could have a real understanding of weather, not just be at it's mercy but be able to see anything coming.  Any forecast is distilled for public consumption, but it's the details which matter for how it impacts your day, and those just aren't given in the "forecast".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top