Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 4/14/2018 11:16:50 PM EDT
I have to get a SN, correct?

Then I can just put monster grip on it?

I can also then take off bullet button?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:25:48 AM EDT
I'd guess there are two issues. One is that is must either meet the definition of a featureless rifle or a fixed magazine rifle (that requires disassembly of the action to release the magazine). Meeting those sets of characteristics would allow you to remove a bullet button. The other issue is serialization. I haven't kept up with that because I haven't got anything that fits that niche. My quick guess is that if you have a situation where a serial number is required and you now have to get one from the state for new builds, then that in itself is a registration process. If you have an old build? No idea how that works.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/15/2018 2:02:36 PM EDT by Trollslayer]
I have nothing to contribute to the legal question but will add this.

"Ghost gun" is a gun-grabber moniker for perfectly legal, home built firearms. Everytime you use it, you further their agenda. The label defames you and your perfectly legal firearm. Do not use their lingo.

What does the Federal BATFE call them?

How about "user-built" or "personally-built" firearm, instead of promoting the gun-grabber agenda?
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:20:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Edisla:

View Quote
I'll give it my best based on your post.

By ghost gun, I am assuming home build.
As far as a SN, you can (for now) engrave a SN and vol reg it and be good for the home build. Without having to request a number from the CADOJ.
You can MMG the grip as long as no other features ie, flash hider,also a fixed stock is needed, ect.
If your final configuration is featureless, yes you can remove the mag lock devise.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 1:07:39 AM EDT
I was just looking at the registration site. If you’re going to register it you have to apply for a state issued serial number. They make it a point on the website to point out getting a serial number is a separate process from registration, so make sure to apply for the serial number early enough to get it engraved so it can be registered by the cutoff date.

From what I understand, you can use your own serial number if it’s featureless and manufactured prior to June. If you manufacture it after June you have to apply for a serial number, even if it’s featureless. At least that’s my understanding, it seems to change week by week.

Oh and the term they’re using for 80% lowers is now FMBUS - Firearm Manufactured by Unlicensed Subject.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 1:10:25 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:

As far as a SN, you can (for now) engrave a SN and vol reg it and be good for the home build. Without having to request a number from the CADOJ.
You can MMG the grip as long as no other features ie, flash hider,also a fixed stock is needed, ect.
If your final configuration is featureless, yes you can remove the mag lock devise.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They’re now requiring a state issued serial number for all home built guns that get registered,

It’s fascinating how they completely ignore the laws as written, and just rewrite them at will

Info here
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 7:27:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SnowboundinNH:
They’re now requiring a state issued serial number for all home built guns that get registered,

It’s fascinating how they completely ignore the laws as written, and just rewrite them at will

Info here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SnowboundinNH:

Info here
Ain't that some shit!
But as I read it, it does not apply to home built featureless. For however long featureless stays around.
Top Top