Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 2:59:07 PM EDT
Guess what was spotted there recently?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
bigfoot carrying a cougar into an alien spaceship ??
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Aw shit! You spoiled my fun!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
who gives a shitzee

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
who gives a shitzee

You do Mr. I'm having a male bonding coughBigFootcough camping Extravaganza! hahahahaha
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Having grown up in Lincoln County/Chandler(Lincoln County borders Oklahoma County to the East of it) I absolutely,positively, undeniably, NEVER heard of any big foot encounters or sightings.

Trust me, I have walked almost all over Lincoln County chasing coon dogs, hunting deer, turkeys, and coyotes.  I've never had an encounter with a UFO.  Never seen any ghosts, taking shortcuts through graveyards to find my coondogs.  Did have the hair raise a little one night when I heard two bobcats fighting. (or mating??)

Deep Fork and South of Chandler..the Sparks slew, where Deep Fork flooded into and made a nice wetland OR another way to look at it, a GREAT place to try out the 4wheelers and 4wheel drives.
Was called a few names from friends because I wouldn't "NOODLE" for catfish on Deep Fork.
Kinda afraid of losing a finger to a beaver or a snapping turtle. But never a peep on a bigfoot.

About the only excitement was a local claiming an alligator was in his pond/small lake.  Several people claimed to see it.  The game ranger didn't believe it until The Lincoln County Newspaper had a picture of it.  

No authority, just a dumb hick now living in Houston.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
piss, everybody knows their closer to little river.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Did I say a friggin' thing about Bigfoot?
Over 20 years ago a kid from Arcadia dived off the Westminster Road bridge into the Deep Fork and broke his neck on the rocks below.
That is the only reason I can think of why a wreath had been placed there.
Old bridges are kind of fascinating to me. Probably because when I was younger I jumped off the Roosevelt Bridge at Texoma. Back when my balls were definitely bigger than my feeble mind.
North of Crescent on Hwy 74 some kids were killed some time ago. Someone has put up a large marble stone with their names on it, like one you would find in a grave yard.
You see lots of crosses by the roads where fatalities have occurred. I don't know what to think about it.
Any body here see the security tape from the Pucketts in OKC? The one with the "apparition" circling a car someone died in?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I jumped off the top branch(when there was a top branch) of the "tree/rope swing" on little river when I was a junior at norman, when I surfaced from the olympic style bellyflop I had mud from my top lip down to my knees................................

acctually what really happened was that I climbed the tree while drunk, I also had no intention of jumping, which in fact I didn't jump, but the limb I was standing on broke, hence the reason there is no longer a top branch, everybody there thought it was pretty cool and stupid at the same time, they told me I left a hole in the water all the way to the bottom, I thought I mighta hurt myself worse since my left ear rang for month or so, what realy pissed me off about the whole thing was I spilled my beer, and ya'll know how hard it was sometimes for a H-Schooler to get beer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Having grown up in Lincoln County/Chandler(Lincoln County borders Oklahoma County to the East of it) I absolutely,positively, undeniably, NEVER heard of any big foot encounters or sightings.

Trust me, I have walked almost all over Lincoln County chasing coon dogs, hunting deer, turkeys, and coyotes.  I've never had an encounter with a UFO.  Never seen any ghosts, taking shortcuts through graveyards to find my coondogs.  Did have the hair raise a little one night when I heard two bobcats fighting. (or mating??)

Deep Fork and South of Chandler..the Sparks slew, where Deep Fork flooded into and made a nice wetland OR another way to look at it, a GREAT place to try out the 4wheelers and 4wheel drives.
Was called a few names from friends because I wouldn't "NOODLE" for catfish on Deep Fork.
Kinda afraid of losing a finger to a beaver or a snapping turtle. But never a peep on a bigfoot.

About the only excitement was a local claiming an alligator was in his pond/small lake.  Several people claimed to see it.  The game ranger didn't believe it until The Lincoln County Newspaper had a picture of it.  

No authority, just a dumb hick now living in Houston.

Dave

use to fish the fork right there at the bridge on 18 when I was a kid, my pops caught a mudcat that weighted at least 5 lbs., put it on the stringer and a turtle ate it all the way to the head, he was pissed that he didn't even get a pic of it, only bigfoot I ever saw there was when I took a leak.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Repent ye non believers! For one day proof will arise!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Ndenway, I know the spot well.  I used to run up and down Highway 18 to chase Meeker and Shawnee girls back in High School.

Down there on deep Fork, lots of people used to say a panther(s)/mountain lions would roam the area.  Still have a hard time believing that one.  Why, some neighbors of my folks called out a federal trapper and all he killed/got in his traps were coyotes.

Come to think of it, I think I did see a UFO, along with most of the town of Sayre,Oklahoma during a family reunion when I was 16.  But thats another story

Dave
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

proof arose this morning bout 8:45.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey Ndenway, I know the spot well.  I used to run up and down Highway 18 to chase Meeker and Shawnee girls back in High School.

Down there on deep Fork, lots of people used to say a panther(s)/mountain lions would roam the area.  Still have a hard time believing that one.  Why, some neighbors of my folks called out a federal trapper and all he killed/got in his traps were coyotes.

Come to think of it, I think I did see a UFO, along with most of the town of Sayre,Oklahoma during a family reunion when I was 16.  But thats another story

Dave

I was just a kid at the time fishing the fork, much later time when I was chasing shawnee girls, and the only water I was thinking about was at twin lakes or t-bird, twin lakes kinda sucked because shawnee police was always down there trying to bust the OBU students smokin dope or screwing, which also chased all us high schoolers off.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you take the proof in hand?

Brother L, you crack me up!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:Quoted:

Dave

Hell, I see them all the time! They pay me regular visits and take me for rides every now and again!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I tell you what, I am not a big believer in ghosts, unexplained stuff yeah.  That Pucketts video put a chill down my back and goosebumps n my arms.  At one time I ahd a link to it but when I moved I lost it.

Anyone have a link to it?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you take the proof in hand?

Brother L, you crack me up!

nope the GF did.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I tell you what, I am not a big believer in ghosts, unexplained stuff yeah.  That Pucketts video put a chill down my back and goosebumps n my arms.  At one time I ahd a link to it but when I moved I lost it.

Anyone have a link to it?

Nope, but it sure is a eye awakener! Lots of things that are on video tape are debunked as fraud. Some are, but that obviously wasn't. If you didn't believe in the afterlife, that video would sure give you pause to reconsider!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I've chatted with several people on the OKC Ghost Club site and they won't let me join.

To He$% with those "ORBS".  I want some; shakin in my boots, crapping my pants and saying a few prayers kinda ghost.  Not those wimpy, spaced out,hippy freak, "I still don't see the orb" crap.

You know, a gosh honest, down to earth, real life ghost.

*** When I was a kid of 12, some friends dared me to sleep on top of the grave of a young kid.  You know the one, with the little lamb tombstone.  One exception, its gonna cost ya.  I told the other kids, $15.00.  $7.50 now(Friday night) and $7.50 Saturday morning.  Told them also, that I was gonna have two friends with me.  1. MY 10gauge goose gun and 2. My (BAD TO THE BONE) one eyed coon dog.  Just in case anyone(LIVING) wanted to scare me.

Easy $15.00,  What they didn't know was that  I had been through that old grave yard many a night chasing that old one eyed bitch through the briars and brush.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I do a lot of kidding but what I'm about to tell is the truth, no bs.

When I was about 11, my sister who is 5 yrs. older than me had to babysit me. We went to her boyfriends parents house and they invited several teens over and had a party. My sister & her bf went to go pickup pizza for everyone so they were gone when the following happened.

We were in the game room which was in the basement, and one of the girls asked if anyone had ever been to a seance. To make a long story short, they set up a card table and put 6 chairs around it. I was sitting in one of the chairs and there was another boy who was laying on the couch when all this was going on.

We placed  our hands palm down on the table. They called for the spirits to talk to us and everyone started chanting rise table, rise table, over and over. In just a matter of minutes the table lifted completely off the ground about 5 inches.  That was freaky enough but then someone said we want to "hear" from the spirit so they established a communication system where the table would drop once for yes and twice for no. It was to drop one time for each letter of the alphebet.  We asked its name and it spelled out "all subconcious minds".  Someone asked if it was a good spirit or a bad spirit, one drop for good and two for bad. It dropped once. Now everyone was already freaked out and frightened from everythiing that they had seen. One of the girls said this is wrong what we are doing and the bible says that its a sin to mess with spirits and when she said "this thing whatever it is could be lieing to us" because spirits lie to deceive us" (I'm getting goosebumps even now as I type this) and at that moment the table dropped all the way to the floor and the lights in the basement went out.  It was now pitch black in the basement.

No one had come in or had moved this entire time but after the lights went out. Someone lit a lighter and went to try and find the fusebox and then in a minute the light came on by itself.

They started trying to wake up the boy who had been been asleep on the couch there in the basement. Took a wet wash rag to finally get him to come to. He claimed to have seen a vision and that God wanted him to go into the ministry. My sister and bf arrived a few minutes later with the pizza & couldn't believe when they were told what had just happened.   Never messed with wigi boards or anything else after that..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Many who have seen the Pucketts video see it as a sign of good, and not a "haunting".
One thing I do really believe in the evil in this world - both physical and spiritual. Many will not admit beleiving in spiritual evil but still do.  It was once explained to me that the ouija board is an invitation to the not-good spriitual things in this world.
1dreamer, I know how you feel about those damn boards!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Many who have seen the Pucketts video see it as a sign of good, and not a "haunting".
One thing I do really believe in the evil in this world - both physical and spiritual. Many will not admit beleiving in spiritual evil but still do.
See now we do agree on some things dan i've been an in person witness to both

It was once explained to me that the ouija board is an invitation to the not-good spriitual things in this world.
a close friend of mine who was a preacher also beleived this.... i seriously doubt he was tricked by the story he told me....
1dreamer, I know how you feel about those damn boards!!!!

i cant remeber the chapter and verse but in the KJVB it tells about people who can tell the future and past being of the devil....

The lady who convince me that this was/is possible was out in LA ca. she didn't read cards have a ouija board or a crystal ball  she never even looked at my palms..... all she did was ask me to hold hands with her....she never asked me one question she just started talking...... she told me shit that only 2 people in the world knew..... one of them was in texas the other was me..... she also told me something that me and another guy did while in panama....both things were about women i had slept with while i was married to my first wife.....wouldn't have thought it was a big deal.... lot's of people mess around but she told me the women's first and last name that i was screwing around with ....she also told my future...... but that's a story for another time cause it's late and i'm going to bed.... but yea i'm thouroghly convinced theirs a heaven and hell.......

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I've seen some squirely shit thats for sure, but those are for a different time and place to tell, one of these days when I'm feeling generous, I might enlighten ya'll as to what I know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Brother L, I know that you had the calling to be a man of the cloth but avoided it. You're not the only one. I'm sure several here can tell some spooky stuff!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I've seen some squirely shit thats for sure, but those are for a different time and place to tell, one of these days when I'm feeling generous, I might enlighten ya'll as to what I know.

I bet this is going to be good. Come on, don't hold out on us, we can handle it!  It would be better to hear all about it in person but damn it you might die tonight or worse.

Besides everyone here needs to share their stories like the mountain men did. They'd never hesitate to share their experience, skill and knowledge to all the young greenhorns who admired & respected them.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be better to hear all about it in person but damn it you might die tonight or worse.

shit if I do die tonight, there'd be a lot of happy people in the morning.

ya'll know something I don't?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top