Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:17:56 AM EDT
Just a heads up for us. The weather channel,local channels here in W.TN are saying/predicting we will have a possible icing event/sleet/snow over the weekend. I like the snow, I hate the ice and NO power. Test run your generators. Beat the crowd for the "milk & bread run". Just saying just in case. The ice storm in what '95 was a bitch.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just a heads up for us. The weather channel,local channels here in W.TN are saying/predicting we will have a possible icing event/sleet/snow over the weekend. I like the snow, I hate the ice and NO power. Test run your generators. Beat the crowd for the "milk & bread run". Just saying just in case. The ice storm in what '95 was a bitch.

That sucks sooooooooo bad!

Being a three day weekend, I was planning on going to Missouri to do some test firing before Camden.

The ice storm was `94, BTW.  I know because my oldest son was born in the middle of it.  First cut of the c-section and the lights go out!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to bug out! If I can get to the airport & the plane can take off that is. I'll leave some food in the frig for the folks here....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

same here,  the snow we had last week didn't upset any of my plans, but only because the roads weren't iced over.

hard to believe this is coming when they're also calling for the highs to be in the 60s tomorrow.

Tennessee...if you don't like the weather, hang around for 15 minutes.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember that ice storm.  IT SUCKED.

Hadn't heard the weather but thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Another tip, if you have been trying to crank your generator for 20 minutes, make sure the fuel tank has fuel in it first, before trying to crank.. Maybe it will not be all the forecasters are making it out to be.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Any updates yet. My wife may be traveling to the Martin, TN. area this weekend,
but if it's gonna be icy, then she ain't going.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#7]
If you go to weather.com and put in my zip 38355 it looks rough. Now they are saying severe weather tonight, then the freezing/precip Fri/sat/sun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top