Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 8:58:45 PM EDT
It's that time of year! I just got my postcard for the gun show at the Big E, in West Springfield. The show is set for Oct. 8th and 9th. This show should be better than the last one, which was the Militaria gun show. That show catered to a relatively small population of gun owners, and as such was more of a collectors showcase than a good place to shop for bargains. Hopefully, there will be some good ammo deals.....I could always use just a little more.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm driving up from PA for the show... it happens to fall on a "long weekend" for me.

- BG
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be there on sat.
The selection and price on ammo is not that good usually. hit or miss on the available guns and parts.
I have been to every show there for the last five or six years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to the show in June. I was less than impressed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm skipping too!

Expect a legit 450-500 tables max and 100-200 of them by Winchester and Remington collectors (big bucks guns). [They advertise ~2-3x the actual number of tables that are rented at the shows!]

This show will probably be mostly focused on Win/Rem collectors and hunting stuff. Big waste of time for me, so I'll pass.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
This will be my first one. I've been trying to make it for about a year now.  I hope it falls somewhere between the Forks of the Delaware shows and the Expo show in Allentown PA.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll probably head up Sunday. I want to pick up another Liberty manf. soft gun case for my B-day. I hope they have them. Otherwise, they're just fun to windowshop at most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The last time I went was in 2002. Few dealers, and most of them had very BAD attitudes. I didn't ask stupid questions, I tried not to be like something out of the gun show character thread but sometimes one just has to ask the dealers questions about their merchandise. And unless you are waving large wads of bills at them, or a VISA platinum Card, they barely acknowledge their customers.

The ammo and guns were in separate areas. The ammo was actually outside......

Lots of Elmer Fudds and collectors, and lots of overpriced stuff from local gun shops marking up their store merchandise even higher just for the gun show. It was catering to the grey hair crowd, and definitely designed to shoo away the younger shooters, hell, anybody UNDER 50.

Gun shows suck, at least around here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#8]
For anyone familiar with American Firearms school, George and Jim will have a table there from AFS.  Stop by to say HI!  I guarantee you won't get an attitude from them!

Daisy  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm giving it a pass, too.  $5 to park, $7 to get in and I will see most of the same stuff at the Manchester, NH show on the 15th and 16th with no ammo hassles, no sales tax and no restrictions on what I can buy or bring to sell.

The only thing I will miss is the chance to talk to Tony Pucci about Garands,  Springfield is as far north from Long island as he goes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
For anyone familiar with American Firearms school, George and Jim will have a table there from AFS.  Stop by to say HI!  I guarantee you won't get an attitude from them!

Daisy  

Daisy,

I thought that Jim was out of the picture now?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Regardless, I'm not heading to the Big E for this show, maybe in December.

I'll be at Manchester the following Saturday morning, before our Oktoberfest get-together later that day.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Daisy  

Daisy,

I thought that Jim was out of the picture now?

NO!  NO!  DIFFERENT JIM!!!  Sorry...this is machine gun Jim I'm referring to.

Sorry, Len!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top