Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 11:33:54 AM EDT
West River, SD/Rapid City guys-

I'm looking for info on how to become an NRA certified Firearms Instructor or become a Range Safety Officer.  Does anyone out there have any info on who to contact here in the Rapid City area for these?

You can PM/email me the info/details if you're not comfortable posting it here.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
West River, SD/Rapid City guys-

I'm looking for info on how to become an NRA certified Firearms Instructor or become a Range Safety Officer.  Does anyone out there have any info on who to contact here in the Rapid City area for these?

You can PM/email me the info/details if you're not comfortable posting it here.

Thanks in advance.

To become an NRA Instructor you need to attend a class/workshop conducted by an NRA Training Counselor.  Typically this is a 2 day event, as all   new instructors go through Basic Instructor Training (BIT) first, and that is a 6 hour module.  Then, you attend a discipline specific class (i.e., pistol, shotgun, rifle etc); a Pistol module is an additional 11 hours.  So, 6 for the BIT + 11 for the Pistol certification is a minimum of 17 hours.

RSO is a bit different, depending upon your status as either a current instructor or non-instructor.  If you are a current instructor, you can "self-validate" (i.e., do a take home session); if not, then you take a one day class taught by a CRSO (Chief Range Safety Officer).

I do have an NRA Pistol Instructor session for November 6/7 in Fargo, and if there was interest in your area (defined as 4 or more participants), one could have the class in your community.

If interested in either the Fargo class, or possibly one in your area, you can e-mail or message etc...

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The Fargo thing is a little too far out of my range.

As to instructor stuff, I've got certs through work.  I've been an instructor for my job for 15 yrs, military certified.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top