Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 5/28/2010 4:06:42 PM EDT
Went to the "basement" of the Judicial building today for a CCW renewal. Got to hang out with the sex offenders while I filled out my
paperwork.  I even got in the same line as them to have my picture taken.
CCW renewal, $85...hanging out with sex offenders, priceless.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 4:19:46 PM EDT
Nice, huh??
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 6:46:50 PM EDT
Get any digits?

Link Posted: 5/29/2010 8:51:34 AM EDT
You mean you didn't feel comfortable knowing that they weren't going to be hitting on you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 11:14:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 11:44:40 AM EDT
It's kind of ironic that the lowest scum and upstanding citizens have to go to the same place for, obviously, completely different purposes haha. Same way here in Meck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:30:52 AM EDT
Check the ncdoj sex site..........they may have put your pix there as well.....
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:36:45 AM EDT
I heard some say that this is done on purpose, an attempt to embarrass the CCW holder.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 1:02:09 PM EDT
I wouldn't doubt that.
Originally Posted By canes7:
I heard some say that this is done on purpose, an attempt to embarrass the CCW holder.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 1:09:21 PM EDT
why would you have your picture taken for a CCW????? is there something new that I missed????
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:57:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jmzd4:
why would you have your picture taken for a CCW????? is there something new that I missed????

I dont have a photo on mine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:59:16 AM EDT

No photo on mine either, but they take your pic with a digital camera. I suppose it's for "the file".

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:28:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Slacker:

No photo on mine either, but they take your pic with a digital camera. I suppose it's for "the file".

State law does not require a photo, just a photo ID. So the county is adding requirements to a process that is specifically spelled out in state law. GRNC needs to slap em down for that one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 9:26:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 9:27:41 AM EDT by jmzd4]
Originally Posted By mekender:

State law does not require a photo, just a photo ID. So the county is adding requirements to a process that is specifically spelled out in state law. GRNC needs to slap em down for that one.

no pic taken when I got mine. sounds to me like the county is taking liberties that they need not to. What county is this again???

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:54:19 AM EDT

Went to the "basement" of the Judicial building today for a CCW renewal. Got to hang out with the sex offenders while I filled out my

paperwork. I even got in the same line as them to have my picture taken.

CCW renewal, $85...hanging out with sex offenders, priceless.

Picture?

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 2:57:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mekender:

no pic taken when I got mine. sounds to me like the county is taking liberties that they need not to. What county is this again???

Good ole' Durham, of course.

Top Top