Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 10:16:56 PM EDT
Went at the last minute on Fri. Didn't see my buddy with the ammo cans for sale. That was my primary reason for going this time. After a quick look around, I bought a lula loader for $17.00, a couple gray teflon 30 rounders @$13.00 each.  Noticed Ken had some Q3131@ $215.00 per 1000.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
i went for a while Friday also. at least half the tables belong in the flea market show not the gun show only took about 45 min to look around.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What was up with that show?  I could have sworn I was dropped into the middle of Bejing, with all that imported China crap for sale.  I don't care how much chrome can be put onto a knife.  I'm still not going to buy it.  I was definately glad to see many regular vendors still in attendance, along with Superior Arms and RB Precision.  Maybe the next show will have a better turnout with less junk tables.  My hat is also off to L & K Guns and Parts.  They've got a huge selection of hard to find parts for old / obsolete guns.  They've repeatedly helped me out, without overcharging me.  Overall, it was a good day at the show.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
its my understanding that the exhibitors can miss one show per year and keep their table placement....  apparently many choose the one between thanksgiving and the january show...  i guess i might do the same considering the attendance at the thanksgiving show was crazy...  

i agree with nemo, although there was only a grand total of $53 worth of chinese product value in the entire building that equates to about 4,000,000,000 actual pieces of knifelike junk...  

what do you suppose those guys are thinking?  there must be money in it somewhere, or they wouldn't keep turning up...

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I heard second hand there were nice Radio Controled Cars that was the largest display in the show for Christmas.

I think DesMoines is going the way of other city's gun shows, promotors try for ever dollar, have too many shows, sales go down, dealers stop comming, the promotors fill the space with flea market, guy buyers stop comming because of lack of dealers and too much flea market, fewer gun buyers fewer dealers the gun shows die in the end.

A town the size of DesMoines should have two large gun shows a year, not 8.  

i won't argue with you regarding what is going on.  however, i prefer the 8 show format to the 2 show format considering the other seven this year were really good...

time will tell.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
i just think the timing on the december show is not that great.  we are talking merely a few days before christmas.  it is the time of year that most people are spending money and dont have the extra to spend on themselves.  i also like the many shows that we have in des moines.  i think it is great to be able to get out and see about finding what you need when you need it without having to go to a "box store".

brett
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Guess who missed the 2nd gun show in a row?  But I guess I didn't miss much on this last one.  I wonder too who buys all that crap that they sell there?  I can tell from a mile away where something was made just from the box. The quality of even their boxes suck.  The shows at Adventureland always seem to be pretty good to me.  Oh well, hopefully my schedule will allow it next time.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top