Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2005 4:41:49 PM EDT
I read the thread here and since I was in town thought it a good idea to try the one in Southwest OKC. Nice place, but I was not too impressed with the food, the burger in particular. Johhnie's sauce sucks, which likely robbed the burger of any potential in the first place.

Next time you want a great burger, check out Bun_Huggers in Flagstaff, AZ.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
AZ-K9, Johnnie's doesn't impress me too much either. If you want a pretty good chicken fried steak sandwich, try the Chuckhouse on NW 10th and Meridian.
The Cattlemans in the OKC Stockyards opened a hamburger joint just south of the main restaurant, sharing the same parking lot. The hamburgers there are pretty good, better than Johnnie's.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude you gotta go to Earl's.  I like a Johnnies #9 every now and then though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Where is Earl's?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
There is one in Edmond on Broadway and the one I go to is on Western between 63rd and Wilshire.  Someone told me that built one in Bricktown but I haven't been there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#6]
they just opened a jonnies in norman on the sw. corner of main and berry, I won't eat there though,
everything thats on that corner is built on top of an old cemetary, being superstitious and all I just don't feel right eating on top of dead people. as for norman, the only decent burger joint after "gillies" closed up and "dinco's" sold out, is "the grill" on main, the owner mark amspatcher is a hunter and fisherman also, place is a little dinghy, but the service is great and food is cheap.

one morning me and my daughters were eating there and my oldest was talking loud about the size of fish on the wall (40lb striper sp?), mark walks up and says," thats a big fish isn't it", and she says, "Eh. my daddy says thats the size we use for bait", shoulda seen the look on his face, then he starts laughing, I thought he was going to stroke out since he weighs like 500lbs., but every since that morning everytime we stop in, mark comes over and has coffee with us and asks "if we been fishing lately".
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't care for there food  it sucks
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I know peeps who love it..I agree with you. Rons has some hambuger parlors there. Try the sausage chili cheese burger..guaratied indegestio with a order of southwest fries with cheese.

If you get toward Tulsa We could fill volumes...And it is a LOT prettier here....
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:56:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah...Johnnies is so-so at best on thier burgers. What kills me is that damn shredded cheese they put on it....WTF is up with shredded cheese on a burger? Gimme a slice o cheese please!! And say what ya want....I've had many a HOOTERS Burgers and they are pretty darn good! Fries are so-so......and the waitresses .......are yummalicious as well!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
yeah!, nothing quite like drinking a few and hula-hooping with a hooter girl.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]
When at Hooter's,  I usually get a large plate of buffalo wings and cold beer. We started a bachelor party out at Hooter's on NW Hiway a year or so ago. It's been long enough that they probably have forgotten the "Thou shall not return" they gave me. But our waitress will NEVER forget me, I am sure!
Hmm, hamburger from Hooters??? I think I know where I'll eat lunch today!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I always get the Hooters wings in Hot and a pitcher.  I haven't ever even thought about getting a burger.  I'll have to try it some time.  I used to get free burgers from Johnnie's and somewhere along the way got addicted to the shredded cheese.  That's pretty funny about the new Poltergeist Johnnies in Norman.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#13]
most of the people that live in norman nowdays probably never even knew that there was a cemetary there, it was moved in the early 50s or so I'm told, right before a drive in burger joint and the nuway laundry was built on top of it, as for old cemetaries, most of the people that live in brookhaven probably don't know that theres one right in the middle of the addition on N. Ridge rd., seem like the damn pioneers of norman just planted them wherever, some of the places I hunt have graves around old homesteads that are out in the middle of nowhere, ones even ten feet from a road out east of town.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I tried Johnnies twice back in the mid-to-late 90's and didn't care for it.  They opened a drive-thru version behind Barnes & Noble recently so I thought I'd give it another shot.

The "Johnnies Sauce" tastes like something I should be using to clean my guns...not eat.  And the shredded cheese.........WTF!!!  

I also think Backyard Burgers sucks.   Gave up after the fourth time I went there.  

ETA:  I'm not a big chicken fried steak person but the Steak Sandwich Supreme at Del Ranchos on S. Western is AWESOME!!  I ate at a Del Rancho on the Northeast side and it sucked.  Took 20 minutes to get my sandwich, it was cold, and they had left all the spices out out of the flour mix.....!!  YUCK!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Never been there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't eat any of the burgers that have the " special  boss sauce " on them, nor do I eat any pizza where the crust has been " hand tossed ".
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top