Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:36:55 PM EDT
And those folks want $115 freakin' dollars for a damned 30 round Beretta 9mm mag......

What in the blue holy fuck, dude?? I just saw those same damn mags going for $40-$50 a few weeks ago.... Their walls and racks were lookin' pretty thin as well....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:38:51 AM EDT
Panic prices are everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:54:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2013 9:55:36 AM EDT by Stevesc]
delete
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:55:43 PM EDT
Sellers market and all that.

Plus once these guys sell stock on hand they will probably be without sales for months because of the inability to replenish their stocks.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:02:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2013 1:02:31 PM EDT by RenegadeX]

Originally Posted By Blade_Runner79:
And those folks want $115 freakin' dollars for a damned 30 round Beretta 9mm mag......

What in the blue holy fuck, dude?? I just saw those same damn mags going for $40-$50 a few weeks ago.... Their walls and racks were lookin' pretty thin as well....

And if that mag was $40-$50 it would gone too. So be happy it is there, cause if really needed it, you could have bought it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:36:17 PM EDT
It is really only expensive when you can no longer get one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:58:10 PM EDT
New CTD......

Granted the owner, Allen is smart.... He has BEEN stocking up on AR's well before 2008 and ammo.... Neither of his stores are his money makers... He makes his money at gun shows... I'm betting he could pay for both his kids and 10 grand kids college funds with all he's had stock piled... Customers who walk into his store fronts and purchase something is basically tips....

Personally... I couldn't tell you the last time I've bought ANYTHING from him...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:27:26 PM EDT
They are good people.

The stores around them and other show dealers rised prices.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:09:34 AM EDT
They've pretty much always had the best prices on guns at any gun show I've been to that they were at. Not going to get upset now if they raise their prices like everyone else is. Normally they don't have mags at the gun show, but I did notice they had a display case full of them at the last San Antonio gun show and they were at or just below panic prices. Why sell at regular prices when everyone else in the building is 2 to 3 times higher on mags? They can either sell out at pre panic prices with little margin or sell out at panic prices and make a great margin.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:24:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2013 11:27:02 AM EDT by gbcop]
Well a couple years back I when I was in the market for my LCP. Went in and saw the price tag of $319.99. Told the clerk I had cash what's the best price he could cut me on the gun. Was told that was the best they could do. Asked then why were they marked $289 at gun show and he said," oh that's gunshow only prices." I the told him local academy had the same gun in stock for $299.99 and if he would match the price I would buy from him.

My LCP was purchased at Academy.........
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:38:16 PM EDT
So, if I offered you double the value of your car, for example, you would say "NO! I would never accept more than true value"

You are a saint.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:56:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By WA9BYR:
So, if I offered you double the value of your car, for example, you would say "NO! I would never accept more than true value"

You are a saint.

Was this directed at me
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:49:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SC-Texas:
They are good people.

Don't want to get in a fervent discussion with my favorite barrister, but, if someone buys it at the old price from me, they'll, most llikely, not go put it in the safe at home. They'll go sell it for the inflated prices.
So, why shouldn't those of us that put up with the yearly B.S. from our favorite Federal agency that sends accountants out to nitpick every letter written in our A&D books and the 4473s get those profits?

If not us then who?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:53:30 PM EDT
So did you buy it ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:56:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By COZ_45:
Originally Posted By SC-Texas:
They are good people.

Don't want to get in a fervent discussion with my favorite barrister, but, if someone buys it at the old price from me, they'll, most llikely, not go put it in the safe at home. They'll go sell it for the inflated prices.
So, why shouldn't those of us that put up with the yearly B.S. from our favorite Federal agency that sends accountants out to nitpick every letter written in our A&D books and the 4473s get those profits?

If not us then who?

Please keep in mind I was talking from experiences BEFORE current situation.... I didn't just walk out of AJC today upset...... My experience was about 2 years ago...

Mind you.. Stores shelves were packed with PMAG's, ALL AMMO and ALL reloading supplies....

I'm not a panic buyer and wasn't referring my experience under the current situation...
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 4:09:45 AM EDT
Their prices have always been good when I have shopped their store or at gun shows.
Top Top