Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 4:18:25 PM EDT
And ended up in the artic. Ok so it wasn't quite the artic but we didn't expect to hit snow this late in the year at 2300 feet of elevation. It was raining buckets when me, petagunner, Oregonarfan, and my brothe rleft the house but by the time we got to our spot we were in about 6 inches of snow. By the time we left about three hours later there was 10-12 inches on the ground and our trakcs on the road were completely covered. I wish I had pctures of the last incident of the day but needless to say it wasn't the two of us driving Fords that needed to be pulled out of the ditch. a certain Ar fan found he and his Toyota in the ditch. And how did he go from the road to the ditch you might ask????? "Ah I was just f$*ing around!" That's what you get for driving a yota!!!

Anyway we had a blast even though we weren't quite expecting snow.

This is what we arrived to see.

Set-up camp ready to go!

OregonArfan's Snowman

Peta in the foreground and my brother, the one not UNDER the canopy

Oregonarfan thought he needed to prone shoot

No more snowman

View from my Bronco on the way down....just before a certain incident!!

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What fun!!  Wish I could have been there. Thanks for sharing.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Very
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I went today too......Me and Pa in law hooked up with No-Aim at TCGC to sight in the new stuff ( THANKS AGAIN!!!!) While we were there, Spambo showed up, then Tracker with Cape in tow....was like a damn ARFCOM convention there for a bit....

Lessons of today....

SBRs with suppressors are cool
7.62x54R out of an 18" bbl is a bit "brisk" in the recoil department
I can swap out a barrel on my own, and the rifle will function when I'm done (phew!!!)
All your Commandos are belong to me....
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
HA that sounds kinda like my last trip up wildcat
At least you guys were smart enough to bring more than one rig.
Anyhoo glad everyone had a good time and didn't have to do any hiking.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool pictures!  Looks like you guys had a great time, and I'm happy everyone made it home safely..

It was good to see everyone at TCGC today, and I had a great time sighting in my 10/22.  I need to get rid of the factory hammer, and drop in a VQ to reduce the trigger pull.

Cape,  Thanks for bringing your 9mm carbine so I could check it out.  I will be getting one in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I went today too......Me and Pa in law hooked up with No-Aim at TCGC to sight in the new stuff ( THANKS AGAIN!!!!) While we were there, Spambo showed up, then Tracker with Cape in tow....was like a damn ARFCOM convention there for a bit....

Lessons of today....

SBRs with suppressors are cool
7.62x54R out of an 18" bbl is a bit "brisk" in the recoil department
I can swap out a barrel on my own, and the rifle will function when I'm done (phew!!!)
All your Commandos are belong to me....

It was nice running into you guys at TCGC.  Finally got the FAL sighted and shootin well.  My
Aimpoint mount keep coming loose and this is after loctiting the allen scres.  That
Aimpoint mount has got to go. This is the second time the mount has come loose.  
I am going to replace it with ARMS 22M68 real soon.

NoAim's suppressed SBR AR is too cool. That guy is building up a nice collections of AR's.

Spambo
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It was nice running into you guys at TCGC.  Finally got the FAL sighted and shootin well.  My
Aimpoint mount keep coming loose and this is after loctiting the allen scres.  That
Aimpoint mount has got to go. This is the second time the mount has come loose.  
I am going to replace it with ARMS 22M68 real soon.

A LaRue is better as they are built to stand up to FAL level recoil. I also have my doubts about the ARMS non-adjustable lever and how well it will mate up with your FAL scope mount base. The LaRue can be adjusted to fit any mount. LaRue also makes a shorter version. It's also made in the U.S.A.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I like ARMS products....LA who?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You don't use them on .308s, so I have to repeat this:

Roses are red, violets are blue, when your ARMS mount breaks it's time to buy a LaRue.

Broken Mount From The Sandbox The link within the link has some good comments by Pat Rogers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Ya that was fun!  Just about to start cleaning guns now that everything dried out.  

Thanks again to peta and yankeefan for pulling my dumbass out of the ditch

ETA: My first sig line!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep I am glad we had more than one rig yesterday. My brother always mocks me for having supplies in my truck but the tow strap came in handy yesterday.

I was thinking about it today while it was pouring down rain and thinking about heading back up there again. Man that was a blast!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't use them on .308s, so I have to repeat this:

Roses are red, violets are blue, when your ARMS mount breaks it's time to buy a LaRue.

Broken Mount From The Sandbox The link within the link has some good comments by Pat Rogers.

Ah, nothing like a little poetry.  TFT, thanks for the advice.  I'll check into the LaRue Mount.  
It appears that real rifles(i.e. .308) are harder on optics than our poodle-poppers that we love.  
Q-Man's Leupold CQT has broken twice when it was mounted it on an AR-10.  Size matters!

Spambo
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like you all had fun. I took the kids and all we ot was hail and lightnin'.  As soon as we saw the first flash, we were packin' up. About 1 min. later (After we were all in the truck) we had a bolt strike about 100 yards from the truck. It hit some of the targets that we had been shootin' at. We headed down the mountain, until it blew over. Then went back to clean-up. Scared the crap out of all of us.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
How many Snow Tangos did you take out?  It looks like you guys had a bit of fun.  I like that chair.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How many Snow Tangos did you take out?  It looks like you guys had a bit of fun.  I like that chair.

Only 1 snow man died Saturday.  It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be the bullets went right through.  Couldn't really tell if you hit it or not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only 1 snow man died Saturday.  It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be the bullets went right through.  Couldn't really tell if you hit it or not.

That was because you forgot to make his genitals out of tannerite

That would have been cool.  Just shove a bottle into the snowman, then shoot till he blows up.

Oh and WS4LIF is still bitter because he didn't get a keychain.  I should have gone by Mark's booth.  I'll bet he would hae given me one, with my red badge and all...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top