Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 5:54:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
In a perfect world (we wouldn't need it, however,)

Mike would get several thousand blank Form4's in his mailbox the week after the election,  

with an arrow & caption pointing to the space that says:  

"LOOK CLOSE DICKWAD,

This is where the NEW sheriff signs his name."

"Make an appointment for the NEW sheriff to approve your handout.  If he's in the mood."

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds like he's already taken the true road of the politician.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I see a rash of S-Corps and LLC's springing up in Lee Co.    
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Shall we start an e-mail campaign? Maybe pointing out that  most requests come from law abiding middle income gun toters that VOTE!. What he is doing is not going to keep Johny Thug from illegally converting an AK....he ain't gonna send a letter to a CLEO anyway. Of course, he already knows that.

jj
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't understand why anyone thinks he is a good sherrif. If i'm not mistaken he failed the detective exam like 3 times. I voted for Rod Shoap he actually was our freind. I think i'm going to form a corporation buy my stuff (suppressers and sbrs) untill we get a real sherriff again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't understand why anyone thinks he is a good sherrif. If i'm not mistaken he failed the detective exam like 3 times. I voted for Rod Shoap he actually was our freind. I think i'm going to form a corporation buy my stuff (suppressers and sbrs) untill we get a real sherriff again.

remember einstien failed algebra a few times, he was still a genious though. Not that i'm for or against the guy. He may be good in the sense of police work, but as a politician he's horrible. If you say your for something and then turn against it while your in office, then you just ended your own career in that posistion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Its unfortunate. Even in Hillsborough County the new Sheriffs Lawyers suggested he not sign off on stuff so he ABSOLUTLY will not.

Since possesing the stuff is legal in Florida I think we need a new law stating we dont have to have a sign off just pass the other BS(ATF, background etc)
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont know to much about Class 3 forms but to me it would seem that if he signed off on one form he would have to sign off on all that meet the requirements otherwise it would be discriminating.

Hell "IF" I was a gun store owner and he stopped me from selling class 3 stuff because he didnt feel like signing his name, whats to stop me from selling his guys stuff or allowing them to shoot at my facility. I dont think we should punish or take away from the police and I feel they do a fine job. But what he is doing is taking potential income away from the buisness that support them. And we all know they get hooked up pretty good. Free ammo, rangetime, discounts ect. ect.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd love to see a "shall sign" Writ of Mandamus come down on these supposed  public servants.  

but I ain't gonna hold my breath
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I've talked to Sheriff Gee in Hillsborough county a couple of times.  He's a good guy, and a good sheriff, but he won't sign off for anyone, including a couple of guys I know that have been friends of his for 20 yrs.  But, he never led anyone to believe that he would sign off, so he has been honest & up front from the start.

Do the coroorate thing, the processing take half the time anyway.   Just got to remember to keep the corp entity active each year, not really a big deal.

Best of luck over in Lee........
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Do the coroorate thing, the processing take half the time anyway.   Just got to remember to keep the corp entity active each year, not really a big deal.

What's the deal on this corporation business? How does it help you with Class III stuff?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the deal on this corporation business? How does it help you with Class III stuff?

Basically it's this.. because the "corporation" actually owns said NFA item(s) there is no CLEO sign-off needed.

A corporation has no face, no fingerprints and, no 'criminal' background, so it's not subject to the scutiny of local law enforcement as is a private individual. NFA items owned by the "corporation" are just inventory, like cars in the automotive dealers lot, or canned goods at the grocery store.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#14]
IF ya wanna truely know about C3 come to the m16 full auto section. many discussions on LLC and other routes. Dont forget the CLEO isnt the only one that can sign, jus gotta get the list from ATF. There are even better routes than goin LLC also.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IF ya wanna truely know about C3 come to the m16 full auto section. many discussions on LLC and other routes. Dont forget the CLEO isnt the only one that can sign, jus gotta get the list from ATF. There are even better routes than goin LLC also.

Setting up a trust seems to be best way from what i've heard.

J

If you don't plan on actually doing any business, it is.

As a general rule, the following can sign:

* Chief of Police for your town
   * Sheriff for your county
   * Chief of state police for your state
   * District Attorney for your area
   * Prosecutor for your area
   * State Attorney General for your state
   * Judges for your state, with some limitations
   * Head of state Fish & Game Department as CLEO for wildlife issues
   * Anyone who has been delegated the authority to sign for one of the above

Rumored:

* County Corner, in some places, as they have the ability to arrest certain chief law enforcement officers.
   * Retired federal judges

the above is courtesy of Triple Break Products
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Oh yeah.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Oh yeah.

Thats what I was thinkin about doin, seems like LESS BS than a LLC, plus I have no business for an LLC so I think its  the way to go
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#19]

I have an LLC, and all three of my transfers have taken approximately seven weeks each, including two that were just approved on the 19th of this month.

That is an outstanding turnaround time, compared to the other route.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Shouldnt it be illegal for them to refuse just on a whim?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top