Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 7:04:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 7:04:55 PM EDT by archer2]
As some know, I had a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck. It had 109,000 miles and needed ball joints in the front end ($1500). Monday, the A/C went out....just blew hot air. Tried to recharge it, but it said it was overcharged........don't know what that would cost,,...............sooooooooooo............

I went out and bought a new 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab with all the bells and whistles......Damn this thing is nice! Patriot Blue with chrome tube steps and bedrails, bug deflector, & bedliner. AM/FM/CD Changer Infinity Sound system, (radio controls on the steering wheel), under seat storage system, power seats, door locks, windows..................

Sorry no pics as of yet, but I'll try some tomorrow......

I've been doing this since 7:00 this evening:
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:37:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By archer2:
As some know, I had a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck. It had 109,000 miles and needed ball joints in the front end ($1500). Monday, the A/C went out....just blew hot air. Tried to recharge it, but it said it was overcharged........don't know what that would cost,,...............sooooooooooo............

I went out and bought a new 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab with all the bells and whistles......Damn this thing is nice! Patriot Blue with chrome tube steps and bedrails, bug deflector, & bedliner. AM/FM/CD Changer Infinity Sound system, (radio controls on the steering wheel), under seat storage system, power seats, door locks, windows..................

Congrats.
Try to work an AR into the pics.

ARH

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:22:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:25:48 AM EDT
Congrats

Infinity sound system kicks ass
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:35:33 AM EDT

So, you bought a new version of a vehicle that basically crapped out at 109K???????????
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:19:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 11:20:11 AM EDT by the_reject]
We have three cars with a statistical average of over a quarter of a million miles on each - all on original engines and transmissions.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:54:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

So, you bought a new version of a vehicle that basically crapped out at 109K???????????

Hey it's Captain Buzz Kill And The Bring Downs.

ARH

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:57:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ARH:

ARH

That's my job.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:26:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:14:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By the_reject:
We have three cars with a statistical average of over a quarter of a million miles on each - all on original engines and transmissions.

That the engines lasted that long doesn't surprise me(assuming they were maintained properly),but the transmissions lasting that long does if they are domestic automatics.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:09:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gamachinist:

That the engines lasted that long doesn't surprise me(assuming they were maintained properly),but the transmissions lasting that long does if they are domestic automatics.

Nein! Deutsche Autos - ein manuelles Getriebe, und zwei automatische Getriebe.

Nach "Chirurgie", zwei manuellen Getrieben und einem automatischen Getriebe.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
Um, Mercedes/BMW/Audi/VW

Um, Volvo? Saab?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:14:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gamachinist:

Nein! Deutsche Autos - ein manuelles Getriebe, und zwei automatische Getriebe.

Nach "Chirurgie", zwei manuellen Getrieben und einem automatischen Getriebe.

Ich nicht verstehe "Chirurgie." Können sie mir helfen bitte?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 6:24:49 PM EDT by Bradd_D]

Originally Posted By ARH:

ARH

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:57:24 PM EDT
Congratulations!!!!

I wish you had posted that your old truck was for sale. I need a good USED (I'm a cheap bastard) truck. My old Chevy w/ 240K miles (origional engine, second trans, third rear axle), is on its last leg.

Anybody have a good used F250 for sale? (long bed and 4X4, of course )

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:47:37 AM EDT

Ich nicht verstehe "Chirurgie." Können sie mir helfen bitte?

According to Babelfish, it's the translation of "surgery". We will be converting one of the cars from automatic to manual transmission at a later date. Have all the parts on hand, just don't have the time yet.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:48:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Kletzenklueffer:
Um, Mercedes/BMW/Audi/VW

Um, Volvo? Saab?

Mercedes. Volvo and Saab are Swedish, not German.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:15:14 AM EDT
ein Bier bitte.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:58:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Kletzenklueffer:
Um, Mercedes/BMW/Audi/VW

Um, Volvo? Saab?

Mercedes. Volvo and Saab are Swedish, not German.

I thought the second line might have been swedish or something. I don't speak German, but have a friend that is fluent. He taught me how to tell a girl I have a condom and that's about all I know.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:21:57 AM EDT
Congratulations on the new ride!

My Honda finally crapped out last year, and I bought a Dodge 1500 QC Laramie as a replacement. The Dodge / Chrysler vehicles have come a long way.

I hope that thing has a HEMI in it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:43:57 AM EDT
Vielen dank mein fruend! Sehr gut! Ich verstehe.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:03:39 AM EDT
Es war nichts. Genießen den LKW!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:44:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:
ein Bier bitte.

ByteTheBullet (-:

Jah, und eine grosse dunkel hefe weizen bitte!

Man I miss fresh German beer.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:14:49 PM EDT
We just bit the bullet and bought a "new" Tahoe with "only" 65,000 miles. Before that our 3 vehicles had over 500,000 miles, 2 manual trannys and 1 Autotragic. 2 BMW's and a Chevy Full size. Everyone one with original engine and trans. knocking on wood now....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:50:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JoeWang:
Jah, und eine grosse dunkel hefe weizen bitte!

Too much of that stuff will give you the worst case of death farts and/or beer shits the world has ever seen. Only lamb vindaloo seems to be more potent...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:06:40 AM EDT

Damn, I knew I should have charged you more for those mags! Congrats Archer!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:19:20 AM EDT
Have fun filling that thing up with gas! At what point do we say to hell with big engines? I have a Mustang GT V8....... fuel prices are pinching me, but not killing me, yet. I want a hybrid :(
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:03:17 AM EDT
There is enough German in this thread to remind the French what it sounded like in Paris during the early 40's.

ARH

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:52:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ga41:
We just bit the bullet and bought a "new" Tahoe with "only" 65,000 miles. Before that our 3 vehicles had over 500,000 miles, 2 manual trannys and 1 Autotragic. 2 BMW's and a Chevy Full size. Everyone one with original engine and trans. knocking on wood now....

Whoa, whoa, WHOA, no biting of bullets around me, bitte.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Top Top