Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/23/2006 10:06:05 PM EST
Nelson is a D but NRA endorsed and reasonably solid Pro gun and has always seemed like a OK guy to me

Ricketts no clue on his pro guness and his nelson hunting ads have really rubbed me the wrong way and i think he comes off as a living of daddies money moron BUT he has the all important R behind his name

what's your choice ?
I already made mine (absentee ballet )

all the rest of the races it seems a pretty clear choice with Fortenberry and Heinman IMO
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 10:11:12 PM EST
Ben Nelsons hair looks like the stuff on Rubber Dolls. He is a lawyer and an Insurance executive, double whammey in the trust zone.

I know little of Rickets but I don't vote the big D no matter what.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:54:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
Nelson is a D but NRA endorsed and reasonably solid Pro gun and has always seemed like a OK guy to me

Ricketts no clue on his pro guness and his nelson hunting ads have really rubbed me the wrong way and i think he comes off as a living of daddies money moron BUT he has the all important R behind his name

what's your choice ?
I already made mine (absentee ballet )

all the rest of the races it seems a pretty clear choice with Fortenberry and Heinman IMO

I am assuming that due to your resemblance to Ricketts that you voted for him.

Honestly, I have been less than enthused with the quality of GOP candidates this year, and for the past several, but fortunately the Dems can't find anyone better.

SBG
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:30:05 AM EST
I saw that hunting ad as well, and that was enough for me. I suspect mocking hunting in Nebraska will proove to have been a very poor decision.

Aside from that, Ricketts seems more like a liberal than anything else.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:38:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By ScaryBlackGuns:
I am assuming that due to your resemblance to Ricketts that you voted for him.

Kinda scary huh?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:51:20 PM EST
An interesting conversation I just had with a member of the executive branch indicated that Ricketts has been polling at 56% unfavorable. Conventional wisdom says that you are politically dead above 40%.

By comparison, Hagel's highest unfavorable in this state has been in the high 30's and is currently in the low 30's.

SBG
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:57:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2006 2:00:49 PM EST by www-glock19-com]

An interesting conversation I just had with a member of the executive branch indicated that Ricketts has been polling at 56% unfavorable. Conventional wisdom says that you are politically dead above 40%.

By comparison, Hagel's highest unfavorable in this state has been in the high 30's and is currently in the low 30's.

SBG

Does not surprise me he just rubs me the wrong way and his hunting add was pathetic

I however will admit I voted for him

as he is a R
I have never voted D but I came damn close this year

we will probably end up with Nelson again which we could do a lot worse

hell Nelson is a better Republican than Hagel

I sent ya a IM too
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:10:04 PM EST
The new Ben Nelson adds talk about his salary and flying on corporate sponsored jets durring his campaign trips.

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:14:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2006 7:14:30 PM EST by ScaryBlackGuns]

Originally Posted By David_Hineline:
The new Ben Nelson adds talk about his salary and flying on corporate sponsored jets durring his campaign trips.

When Pete and his dad were here for a campaign stop they flew in on separate GS-V's. Good way to show that common touch to the German-Russians in the North Platte Valley.

SBG
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 5:43:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By David_Hineline:

When Pete and his dad were here for a campaign stop they flew in on separate GS-V's. Good way to show that common touch to the German-Russians in the North Platte Valley.

SBG

If I had a G5 I'd be taking it to the store for a loaf of bread.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 5:48:44 AM EST
Ben Nelson has been working for us long enough, time to get a real job and off the public funds.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:19:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

If I had a G5 I'd be taking it to the store for a loaf of bread.

just taxi that fucker down Dodge street
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:06:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2006 3:07:24 AM EST by nefj40]
To me, Nelsons only fault is that (D) by his name. And in this political climate, that's all it takes for me to vote against him. I imagine Nelson will keep his job, but if he does lose he can only blame his party. The constant shrill, mind-numbing diatribe that the left has been spewing for the last 6 years has turned me into a straight party line voter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:24:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By nefj40:
To me, Nelsons only fault is that (D) by his name. And in this political climate, that's all it takes for me to vote against him. I imagine Nelson will keep his job, but if he does lose he can only blame his party. The constant shrill, mind-numbing diatribe that the left has been spewing for the last 6 years has turned me into a straight party line voter.

+1

Being its close this year with losing control of the Senate or House, it has be a Rebuplican I'm voting for.

Being a pro gun Democrat won't matter when they have control of the Senate or House by a few seats and set the agenda of the majority of the Democratic party.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:03:31 PM EST
If I were to vote for the guy that best represents my views on policy, it would be Nelson. But as others have said, unfortunately he has a D behind his name, and this time around the stakes are too high to vote for the best man. Its twisted and not right, but only the democrats have themselves to blame.

Now, it don't matter what the political climate is like when Hagel is up for re-election. I will not vote for that bastard, period. Not after all the publicity stunts that guy has pulled to support the left these last four years. Nelson and Hagel should just agree to switch their party affiliations. It would makes things so much easier.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:09:06 PM EST
I do not believe that Hagel will run for NE senate again. Call it more than a hunch.

SBG
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:16:44 PM EST
Ben Nelson chose which team to play for. It will be his downfall in public office this year.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbj5GUWANE
Top Top