Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2003 6:38:28 PM EDT
I currently am not interested in my job.  I am looking for a new full time place. Any one have any ideas for the houston area?  I can send ya'll my resume if ya'll need also.  Basically I am going to try to "network" through ya'll so if you have some leads, let me know!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Might want to post what your interested in and what skills ya have. Also how much pay you may be looking for. And what your willing to work, hours, days, etc. Would you be willing to preform manual labor in the sun or a closed in building with no AC and lugging 80 lbs up 3 flights of stairs? What's your previous experience?

That kinda stuff.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
College ?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
no college yet.  willing to work anything.  I can learn fast, and work at anything.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bite the bullet and apply at Carter's Country or ASC.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You never told me that you got a job.  How long have you been working there?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Hit up the local airports and flying services. Somebody might need a "gofer" or ramp help. It's in your area of intrest and might be a way to get your foot in the door.

As far as college goes have you looked into TSTI in Waco? I know two guys who got their college education and their flight training there. One is flying for a charter service and the other is flying freight for AA. Something to think about.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]
No one buys a new truck without a job there buddy. lol

As for carters, they are sexist, but i'll try again. ASC is on my way back in from dropping off my application for clerk at PCT 5.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:50:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No one buys a new truck without a job there buddy. lol

As for carters, they are sexist, but i'll try again. ASC is on my way back in from dropping off my application for clerk at PCT 5.

Not to hurt your feelings but we don't have a high turn over rate in the clerk dept so I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I am not turning blue dont worry.  I am appling everywhere I can. so far today I went to, PCT 5, West houston airport, ASC, and SGR Airport.   After I grab some stuff to eat, I will go to HOU.

Yesterday I went to Bestbuy, Costo, and lowes.  

From now untill i get a new job, I am going job hunting whenever i can.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#10]
How much experience is listed on your resume? mainly high school classes?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#11]
What is wrong with the old job?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I think he works at Starbucks... its hard work pouring $4 coffees.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#13]
You should mow lawns.
When I was your age, I made $500 a week doing this.
It sucks, but I was done by 12:00 since I started
so early. And for the rest of the day, I hung out
at the pool.
Learn to enjoy working hard. If you don't learn
it now, you will just bitch about life forever.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You should mow lawns.
at the pool.

You tell us you worked until NOON, then hung out by the pool.

And then, with a straight face, you tell us you enjoy hard work?

LOL

TRG
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should mow lawns.
at the pool.

LOL

TRG

The hard work had great rewards!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should mow lawns.
at the pool.

LOL

TRG

The hard work had great rewards!

Yeah, I think we all know what you were drinking by the pool.

www.commercialcloset.org/cgi-bin/iowa/portrayals.html?record=117

TRG
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh Damn... TRG's back!

..... here we go...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should mow lawns.
at the pool.

LOL

TRG

HEY!!!

Mowing lawns for a living IS hard work. It's tough enough doing your own yard when it's 95 degrees and 95% himidity, try going to another when you're done, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another................

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should mow lawns.
at the pool.

LOL

TRG

HEY!!!

Mowing lawns for a living IS hard work. It's tough enough doing your own yard when it's 95 degrees and 95% himidity, try going to another when you're done, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another................

No argument there.  I mow my own lawn.  

He stopped at NOON!

ROFLMAO.

Real love for hard work, huh?  

Noon!  

TRG
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Oh Damn... TRG's back!

..... here we go...

TRG was probably on some sabbatical stuff somewhere in the wood ready for SHTF scenarios., or hunting again.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh Damn... TRG's back!

..... here we go...

TRG was probably on some sabbatical stuff somewhere in the wood ready for SHTF scenarios., or hunting again.

Actually, you are pretty close to correct.  I have been fishing and hunting alot this summer.  I shot a nice sow last week.

I drove across the field at 45-60 mph to get to the pack before they could run into the deep cover.  I fired my AR15, one handed, out the driver's side window while driving!

Let me tell y'all.  It is real tough to aim, drive and shoot all at the same time.

I tried resting my barrel against the doorfram to steady the shot.  That wasa mistake.  I have powder burns on my door frame now.

It was exciting, though.  I killed a nice 200 pound sow.  I think I got a piece of a boar and piglet as well, but I was not able to locate a blood trail in the weeds.

TRG

ps.  I spent two hours yesterday in the middle of that same field.  I got my truck stuck in two deep ruts.  Win some, lose some, I guess.  At least I did not hit the ruts when I was doing 60 across that field.

BTW, anyone know the record for airtime in a 2500 GMC?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Citabria, head on down to Galveston.  Lots of ships are in port.  A young kid like yourself could make a fortune.  There are plenty of lonely sailors looking for fun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Citabria, head on down to Galveston.  Lots of ships are in port.  A young kid like yourself could make a fortune.  There are plenty of lonely sailors looking for fun.

Lots of seamen in port?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, but it's legal now.  He won't have to worry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#25]
You guys scare me sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You guys scare me sometimes.

Yeah you are scared because you know you might like it!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You should mow lawns.
at the pool.

I bitch about life and I worked my ass off for ever!!  LOL

You're right Legs....gotta learn a work ethic early!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#28]
where in HOuston.. look up a Company called  " AAA Cooper Transportation "  its a frieght company .. 97% no touch .. almost all forklift.
I worked for them here in dallas for over a year.. starting pay was around $14 an hour. It was great .. you ever needed extra cash.you simply worked ALL the overtime you needed,  no limit.. $$$$$  feel the need to work over 80 hours? go ahead knock your self out.. then buy your self a weapon Every friday :)
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks cluster! i am going to research that when i get back from ETHs!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of seamen in port?

Yes Citab, tell them you like to fly a taildragger and you will have all the business you need.  At $50 a blow, you will have that truck paid off in a few weeks.  No tax and you probably won't need to eat.  Or drink.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#31]
joke has been dead a while now
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
joke has been dead a while now

No it hasn't, Sailor.

Jsut wait until you get to the Farm.  Seen Deliverance?  We ain't snipe hunting anymore, kid.  

TRG
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#33]

I always liked the part where the hillbilly played with the point of the arrow thru his chest. Played for a little while anyway... fullclip

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#34]
yeah yeah red goat...we know your all talk...but when it comes time to get up to bat, you just dont got what it takes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
yeah yeah red goat...we know your all talk...but when it comes time to get up to bat, you just dont got what it takes.

"Yeah, ok, but one way or another you STILL had to walk back a half mile to camp from the middle of that field."  

TRG
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#36]
LMAO... I can hear Red Goat talking to Citabria....

"You sure got a prurty mouth"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:26:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Besides ya'lls best efforts to joke around with this topic, finnally SOMTHING has paid off!

Yesterday I took in an application to Pappadeux resturant, and they gave me an interview on the spot!  Now they want another one today at 3pm!

This morning, a PCT 5 Lt. Called me and asked me to come in and fill out a application.  I submitted my pre-application a few days ago, and he contacted me today!  whoo hoo!  He wants me to come in monday 9am!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#38]
PCT 5?  Be careful working for them constables.  Look at that word carefully. Con meaning anti.  And Stable.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
PCT 5?  Be careful working for them constables.  Look at that word carefully. Con meaning anti.  And Stable.  

You've got too much free time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've got too much free time.

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#41]
10 minutes untill i leave for the pappadeux interview!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#42]
DAMNIT! The general manager decided to go on vacation early!  now i have to go next thursday! GRRRRR

A day late to ETH's for nothing!  [rant]

Well I will be on my way at 4pm...c ya'll at 1amish.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yesterday I took in an application to Pappadeux resturant, and they gave me an interview on the spot!  Now they want another one today at 3pm!

!!

Oh No.  Another damn thread involving "The Art of Tipping and Not Tipping" from Citabria.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't know what your going to go for in a resuraunt. But I'll tell ya now if ya go in as a waiter, don't expect too many high tips. Most male waiters don't make alot on tips, only good looking females. Now imagine that!?!?!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#45]
So, did the cabin boy position fall through?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Citabria,

Don't listen to the naysayers on waiting tables.

If you work it, the $2.30 per hour can be supplemented quite nicely by tips. Pappadeaux doesn't pool tips (I go to Cafe Pappadeaux on Kuykendahl & 1960 a lot..they bring my drink w/out me asking for it..Knob Creek, rocks..in case anyone cares)...anyway, if you know how to treat people, especially women, since you're male, you can get great tips. Just smile, make jokes (clean)...make GOOD suggestions when they want it and act like you give a shit...you'll do fine...Pappas is serious about customer svc so don't get an attitude...

Coz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top