Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2022 11:31:03 PM EDT
For those that have given advice and contacts during my move saga. Thank you

Lost my mom December of 2020 and decided I could not stay in the house where I grew up taken care of her. Sold the house because really that was what it became. Not a happy home after her passing.

Bought 20 acres in Burnet county and bought a modular house. Finally moved in Memorial Day after trim out.

I learned a lot during a year long move.
Learned it is hurry up and wait.
The supply chain sucks right now.
If you buy lock in your price. My house went up 80k for others after I locked in my house price by contract.
Well drillers are very busy. Took 6 weeks for my well to be drilled.
Found out with the price of short term rentals I could have bought really large nice Rv.
Found PEC’s email needs work. Their engineer laid out the service track in September and I was invoiced in October but did not find out until January. They actually put the service in fast at three weeks after payment.

Rural fast internet dose not exist. This I expected so I got starlink. Good service for what you get. Using YouTube tv for cable service.

Now it is taking time to unpack and decide what furniture I need besides what I have.

Currently I am also having to replace hand tools that went missing during the move. They were swiped by the crew at my old house that was cleaning it out for the new owner. Unfortunately I could not prove it.

Now to make my new house a home.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats and may it be a real home for you!
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Burnet county. I you haven't already, get PEC's Smart Hub app. It gives better access than e-mail, will let you check on and report power outages, and helps keep tabs on usage and bills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top