Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:24:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 10:13:41 AM EDT by CsabaH]
Welcome home 3rd/25th!!! Well sort of, welcome to U.S. soil at least for now
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:32:29 PM EDT
trust me they are happy. welcome home brothers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:01:34 AM EDT
VP to visit Lejeune
October 01,2005
BY Chris Mazzonlini View stories by reporter
Freedom

By chris mazzolini

Freedom ENC

CAMP LEJEUNE - With a number of Marine units returning to Camp Lejeune, including some that have garnered national media attention, the White House is turning its attention to the Eastern North Carolina base.

Vice President Dick Cheney is scheduled to visit Camp Lejeune on Monday to welcome home Marines who have recently returned from Iraq. It's the first trip to Lejeune for Cheney since becoming vice president in 2000. President Bush spoke to troops at Camp Lejeune on April 3, 2003.

Cheney is scheduled to arrive at New River Air Station at 10:20 a.m. Then at 11 a.m., he will deliver brief remarks at the II Marine Expeditionary Force headquarters during a rally.

At noon, Cheney will attend a luncheon to celebrate the return of about 900 Marines with 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines - the reserve unit based at Brook Park, Ohio, that lost 48 comrades during its seven-month deployment to Iraq.

Col. Lionel Urquhart, 3/25's commander, said he was humbled by Cheney's gesture.

"It means a lot to us," he said. "That's a tremendous honor that he would take the time to come and speak with an infantry battalion."

Urquhart said it's an acknowledgement of the dedication and sacrifice of the entire Marine Corps, active duty and reservists alike.

"We're not the only unit that has done that," he said. "If we're the unit that will represent the job Marines are doing, then I'm both humbled and proud."

Cpl. Eric Bildstein, 23, a Weapons Company, 3/25 member from North Olmstead, Ohio, looked surprised at first when he heard the news.

"Nice," he said, and then grinned. "Works for me."
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:29:50 AM EDT
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top