Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2008 5:28:51 AM EDT
I'm staying at the Airport Courtyard Marriott for the next two weeks, working on University Drive at the local field office. We've been talking about going tubing this weekend @ the Salt river. Anyone got any tips? I've never been "outside" in Arizona.

Any shoots this weekend?
I've got a couple German buddies that would love go to a shoot if one was around? They don't get to own/shoot weapons in their country so it'd be a hoot for them.
I'm always up for meeting some new Arfkom folks and burning some powder.

Hope to hear from some of you guys.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 7:54:56 AM EDT
Damn, I'll be out of town this weekend and the next. I like tubing, mainly to people watch, you get some real jems out there. If you want maybe we could meet up for a beer or two or three......

As far as tubing, make sure to bring plenty of sun block and beer, but if space is limited don't leave the beer behind.

All kidding aside, make sure to wear sunblock, spf 50 should do, put it on multiple times. It usually takes about 5 hours to float down. We usually stop and jump off some of the rocks so it takes us a little longer.

Shoot me a PM if you want to meet up for drinks, I'm sure some of this AZHTF will join
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:37:21 PM EDT
Nothin' going on for a out of towner huh? I figured you guys would be out in the desert blasting stuff every weekend.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:38:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Slacker:
Nothin' going on for a out of towner huh? I figured you guys would be out in the desert blasting stuff every weekend.
The overlords have told us no-no, we start scary fires.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:04:10 PM EDT
Tubing's fun. Bring lots of Beer, and don't let one person drink any of it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:30:50 PM EDT
It's too darned hot and humid this time of year. I went to Casa Grande last weekend and it was miserably hot, even in the morning. Tubing the salt is your best bet. Bring beer but have a designated driver as the MCSO patrols the Bush Highway really heavy on the weekends.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:53:57 AM EDT
Got back from tubing last night, it was FUN FUN FUN.
Drunk Girl/Girl fight on the bus coming back, tops ripped off, girl got tazed, fight ended.
Massive amount of bikini's !!!!! Some of the most beautiful girls I've seen in a while.

We did the 4-5 hr trip, it was just the right length. The water temp of the river is perfect.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:05:37 AM EDT

Drunk Girl/Girl fight on the bus coming back, tops ripped off, girl got tazed, fight ended.
Massive amount of bikini's !!!!! Some of the most beautiful girls I've seen in a while.

We did the 4-5 hr trip, it was just the right length. The water temp of the river is perfect.

Pics of the womenz or your lying.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:28:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By realwar:

Pics of the womenz or your lying.

No digi camera, but I did snap a few with the disposable waterproof one.
No scanner, sorry.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:20:16 PM EDT
I had a buddy that went this weekend, he said it was a littly more out of control than normal, in a good way
Top Top