Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/6/2008 1:42:22 PM EST
I'm thinking of buying a Place in the area just wondering are there places to shoot in the area Outdoors with the AR-15 any sportsmens clubs with ranges etc
Thanks
Dave
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 8:38:57 PM EST
I grew up in Weakley county and as far as I know there isnt any formal shooting range. I don't go there very often so I could be wrong...
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 6:28:33 AM EST
Plenty of wide open fields to shoot it. Make a few friends that own the land. I grew up in Weakley County.

The Goodyear gun range in nearby Union City is 100 yards in length, but you have to be or be with a Goodyear Employee.

In Hornbeak, you've got the Smokey Bottoms Gun range that's much nicer than the Goodyear place.

Odd thing about Weakley Co., tons of wide open places to shoot, but no formal gun ranges. IMHO, the plentitude of wide open spaces is the reason there aren't any business gun ranges.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:15:09 AM EST
When I was going to school at UTM one of my friends was on the rifle team and I had several friends that were in the ROTC. I am pretty sure they have a decent range I am just not sure of the location. Don't laugh but I seem to remember something being said about it being under the football field Just a possibility.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:12:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Deadeye675:

Don't laugh but I seem to remember something being said about it being under the football field Just a possibility.

At TN Tech in Cookeville, the ROTC range is in the football stadium.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:32:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By Deadeye675:
When I was going to school at UTM one of my friends was on the rifle team and I had several friends that were in the ROTC. I am pretty sure they have a decent range I am just not sure of the location. Don't laugh but I seem to remember something being said about it being under the football field Just a possibility.

Well, not under the football field actually.

It's located in the old UTM football fieldhouse. It's a 20 or 25 meter indoor range. They allow pistol and 22 calibers only IIRC.

I've shot pistols numerous times down there, well ventilated area, swept fairly clean. Most shooting time slots are for ROTC and the local PD (MArtin PD). Us regular joes can shoot once or twice a week in the evening. I moved ~14 miles to the north several years ago and haven't made it down there in a while. The ROTC rifle coach used to allow people to shoot on designated evenings if you paid a small yearly membership fee that was donated to the rifle team ($15 IIRC)
Top Top