Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2010 12:25:07 PM EDT
I've been here for a long, long time.  Since the late '90s.  In all of that time I have never, ever felt so much hatred from the free states here as now.  LAs fucking idiot mayor/city council/whoever the fucks conflict with the AZ immigration law has triggered an avalanche of absolutely vehement hatred for anything and anyone associated in any way, shape or form with CA.  I really don't see a whole lot of reasons to do this anymore.  ARFcom GD is a shit hole,  it always has been but this recent shitstorm has opened the floodgates and every stupid motherfucker on the site seems to think that they have an obligation to open their yap.  I know the anonymity of the internet emboldens, I guarantee that most would never say to my face what they say in GD,  but I'm to the point of hunting some of these stupid motherfuckers down and addressing our differences in person.

Maybe I should take a break. Just venting.  I'm going back to Calguns.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been here for a long, long time.  Since the late '90s.  In all of that time I have never, ever felt so much hatred from the free states here as now.  LAs fucking idiot mayor/city council/whoever the fucks conflict with the AZ immigration law has triggered an avalanche of absolutely vehement hatred for anything and anyone associated in any way, shape or form with CA.  I really don't see a whole lot of reasons to do this anymore.  ARFcom GD is a shit hole,  it always has been but this recent shitstorm has opened the floodgates and every stupid motherfucker on the site seems to think that they have an obligation to open their yap.  I know the anonymity of the internet emboldens, I guarantee that most would never say to my face what they say in GD,  but I'm to the point of hunting some of these stupid motherfuckers down and addressing our differences in person.

Operator, there is a big problem w/ some morons and their generalizations. I lived in Playa Del Ray for a time and saw the writing on the wall. So now I live in Mayor Colemans town (Columbus) and that ASSHAT just did the same thing that LA, SD and ... did.

I've already called Janet Brewers office and apologized, called my mayors office and expressed my thoughts and am basically getting off my ass.

To make a long story short, in a small way, I feel some of your pain.  The only problem is that I also think that our 'leaders' are going to get more and more stupid before the sheep finally wake up.

Hang in there. Don't give up.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I tell them this, "by cutting us off, you are helping the other side win. Every time you see a California type law enter your State, its because you did not help to stop it in California..at its birth. If we, who are in California, were to follow your advise and leave the State, there would be no one fighting for YOUR rights.  California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, these are the headquarters for the groups with unequaled access to the Federal Government.  You must fight in these States to secure freedom for all."

United we stand, divided we fall
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm going back to Calguns.

It's not that bad here.

Link Posted: 5/20/2010 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]
not everyone is an ignorant prick, there's just a lot of them out there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's getting REALLY old, posting anything in GD and getting with a snide remark about me living in CA.

Seriously.   It doesn't matter what the topic was.  I was posting in a Magpul thread about how I was surprised that no one had been around to shit in the thread thread.

Some motherfucker from Texas comes in and starts shit with me.

Do CA members go into other hometown forums and shit in them?

Yeah, I doubt it.

Change your avatar and remove the 'CA' from your profile, and watch how people suddenly single you out and fuck with you.

I have good money that these morons wouldn't fuck with you in person.

Link Posted: 5/20/2010 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I tell them this, "by cutting us off, you are helping the other side win. Every time you see a California type law enter your State, its because you did not help to stop it in California..at its birth. If we, who are in California, were to follow your advise and leave the State, there would be no one fighting for YOUR rights.  California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, these are the headquarters for the groups with unequaled access to the Federal Government.  You must fight in these States to secure freedom for all."

It doesn't matter that we don't and have never supported the shitty laws/etc here in CA, we are all guilty by association, and it will always be that way.

How is that any different than blaming the Jews for letting Hitler come into power?

Where's the MASS/NY/etc hate?

About the only people I've ever seen Defend CA guys (aside from the OH gentleman above ) are the NV guys.

When I went to Vegas to meet up with a longtime friend for shooting, we went to the Shooting Center.

The guy asked the both of us if we had ever been shooting there before, and if not, where were we from?

I answered, "California, sir."

He gave me a warm smile replying, "Welcome to America."  

He wasn't saying it to be an asshole, or to be sarcastic. The more we talked to him and the other staff there, the more we knew how genuine they were with welcoming us into their range and their state.

They far exceeded my BEST CA range day, and for them it was business as usual.

There are a few NV guys here that see me post, an I notice that they usually have my or some other CA's back.

FOR FUCKS SAKE, THEY INVITED US CA GUYS TO A SHOOT FOR NEW YEARS.

That was one of the most classy thing I've seen on here to date, regarding CA members.

To the NV guys who see this; thank you. We CA guys are lucky to have such good friends.

And to Paul: You're always there sticking it to those idiots. I don't know that we could have a better CA HTF mod than you.

Link Posted: 5/20/2010 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I always invite them to move to California and help us fight the good fight.  We need their votes.  To that, they either have no response or some pathetic excuse about why not.
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
GD is like flypaper for stupid people.

I don't take anything I read there seriously.
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I do feel sorry for my brothers behind enemy lines.  You are not forgotten.  Perhaps a better way to see your situation is to view it as that of a POW.  It sucks, but your duty is to resist and hang on until the cavalry arrives.  Have Faith because God is on our side.   And I think he's pissed off.
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

+1 and uhh, +2 or 3 more...
This is getting way out of hand

I will however speak up for the people who came in to my thread in Arizonas forum. If youve lost all hope for everyone on here, you can check out my thread labeled "Dont hate us all" in Arizona's community forum.
Had a few people come in to say nice things, or atleast not burn me at the stack because of "CA" being next to my forum name.
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, Austin, TX already has a boycott in place, El Paso too, and Dallas is considering one, but you could hear a pin drop WRT anyone criticizing the Texicans. It's like the fuckers are a protected class.

They say "Austin ain't Texas" and crap like that. Well, is El Paso Texas? Is Dallas, Texas? I fucking think so. The fuckers never own up to the crap that happens in their own state. I guess it's torture enough to live in such an ugly place.

But if it's California, oh shit, let's boycott the entire state and watch them sink into the ocean when the big one comes.

It's true, GD is a sewer. There's more illiterate idiots in GD than any board I have ever visited.
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I grew up in Huntington Beach. Went to grade school, high school, and college in HB / Long Beach. Lived there from about the age of 4 until I was 40 and much of my family and my wife's still live there. I been gone almost 20 years now, but visit frequently. With the great weather and all the things to do, I always thought So. California was the greatest place on the planet.

Unfortunately, California gets a bad rap because it's the home of those like Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Henry Waxman, Barbara Boxer, Sean Penn, and a host of others who are in the headlines. Even Arnold is viewed unfavorably because he appears to fold under pressure from the left and signs all the liberal legislation. This is what the country sees.

Those who have never lived in California don't know about all the great hunting for big and small game, waterfowl, quail, dove, predator and other shooting and fishing opportunities. They see or hear of the firearms and ammo restrictions, the political liberalism, the current economic crisis, and most recently, the protests, noise and boycotts over AZ SB1070.

During my early May visit I witnessed the battle being fought over the current gubernatorial primary. This was news to me, and I guarantee that few outside the state are aware of this battle or its intensity.

Hang in there. Keep fighting the fight and take your state back.

Link Posted: 5/22/2010 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Well I pretty much stayed away from GD and no regrets I have to admit.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2010 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I thought Aimless gave you the ban hammer from GD?

Link Posted: 5/22/2010 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I grew up in Huntington Beach. Went to grade school, high school, and college in HB / Long Beach. Lived there from about the age of 4 until I was 40 and much of my family and my wife's still live there. I been gone almost 20 years now, but visit frequently. With the great weather and all the things to do, I always thought So. California was the greatest place on the planet.

Unfortunately, California gets a bad rap because it's the home of those like Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Henry Waxman, Barbara Boxer, Sean Penn, and a host of others who are in the headlines. Even Arnold is viewed unfavorably because he appears to fold under pressure from the left and signs all the liberal legislation. This is what the country sees.

Those who have never lived in California don't know about all the great hunting for big and small game, waterfowl, quail, dove, predator and other shooting and fishing opportunities. They see or hear of the firearms and ammo restrictions, the political liberalism, the current economic crisis, and most recently, the protests, noise and boycotts over AZ SB1070.

During my early May visit I witnessed the battle being fought over the current gubernatorial primary. This was news to me, and I guarantee that few outside the state are aware of this battle or its intensity.

Hang in there. Keep fighting the fight and take your state back.

Nice. A native Californian commenting on how bad yet good Cali is from a computer in Arizona.

Link Posted: 5/24/2010 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought Aimless gave you the ban hammer from GD?

Well that's news to me.  Must have been God send then.  My blood pressure has been stable since.

Link Posted: 5/24/2010 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't give a fuck about those idiots.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ARFcom GD is a shit hole

You think GD is a bunch of mouth-breathers, then go back to Calguns?

They took stupid to a whole new level. That's why I'm HERE.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARFcom GD is a shit hole

You think GD is a bunch of mouth-breathers, then go back to Calguns?

They took stupid to a whole new level. That's why I'm HERE.

Calguns and 'circlejerk' are pretty synonymous.

I only go there to sell my wares.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I think you guys get the worst end of it cause the amount of liberal politicians and such in your state(obviously) but NY, MA, NJ and IL definetly have there fair share if not more in ways. Dont think AZ doesnt have our fair share of asshats running around with there liberal or anti gun views. I like seeing people who live in a predominetly liberal state who aren't like the rest of the state voice there views and speak out. I see you guys as living in the lions den and should be supported more, not berated or screwed with. It makes no sense to go after someone who lives in one of these states that is a gun totin american like the rest of us. Dont listen to the idiots who obvisouly dont get it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't matter that we don't and have never supported the shitty laws/etc here in CA, we are all guilty by association, and it will always be that way.

How is that any different than blaming the Jews for letting Hitler come into power?

Where's the MASS/NY/etc hate?

About the only people I've ever seen Defend CA guys (aside from the OH gentleman above ) are the NV guys.

When I went to Vegas to meet up with a longtime friend for shooting, we went to the Shooting Center.

The guy asked the both of us if we had ever been shooting there before, and if not, where were we from?

I answered, "California, sir."

He gave me a warm smile replying, "Welcome to America."  

He wasn't saying it to be an asshole, or to be sarcastic. The more we talked to him and the other staff there, the more we knew how genuine they were with welcoming us into their range and their state.

They far exceeded my BEST CA range day, and for them it was business as usual.

There are a few NV guys here that see me post, an I notice that they usually have my or some other CA's back.

FOR FUCKS SAKE, THEY INVITED US CA GUYS TO A SHOOT FOR NEW YEARS.

That was one of the most classy thing I've seen on here to date, regarding CA members.
To the NV guys who see this; thank you. We CA guys are lucky to have such good friends.

And to Paul: You're always there sticking it to those idiots. I don't know that we could have a better CA HTF mod than you.

Dude,check out Nevadashooters.com and come out to the desert shoots they organize.The local class III crowd bring out their happy switch toys,all you have to do is provide your own ammo and go at it-sten,mp44,uzi,mp5,saw,m60,etc.(I am an ex californian,born and raised in L.A.,I left cuz I am single and have nothing tying me down)EDIT,I'm discombobulated right now,the website is Vegasshooters.com.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]
No comment

Link Posted: 5/26/2010 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey...

At least all of your women arnt fat.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Dude,check out Nevadashooters.com and come out to the desert shoots they organize.The local class III crowd bring out their happy switch toys,all you have to do is provide your own ammo and go at it-sten,mp44,uzi,mp5,saw,m60,etc.(I am an ex californian,born and raised in L.A.,I left cuz I am single and have nothing tying me down)

More proof of how the NV guys are great people.

Link Posted: 5/26/2010 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#29]
How about the fucktards quoting the OP?
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

How about the fucktards quoting the OP?

Hmm?

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hang on people - three day weekend and bad weather hitting back east. The antburners are going to have a field day this weekend at our expense.

Expected high 70's and mostly sunny for me!

Yep and a room at the Hilton on Harbor Island till Monday. Pads game on Saturday night. Wife just got a job at Scripps in Del Mar.

My life is good here. Sure there are certain things about SoCal that drive me nuts, but for the most part I wouldn't change a thing since we moved from AK 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hang on people - three day weekend and bad weather hitting back east. The antburners are going to have a field day this weekend at our expense.

Expected high 70's and mostly sunny for me!

Paul be ready to break out with your "fact pie charts" again for the antburners .

Link Posted: 5/28/2010 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't worry CA guys.  We have a great batch of assclowns up here trying to do the same.  Fortunately we keep them caged up in Seattle and Olympia.  Unfortunately every once in a while one escapes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2010 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Hey...
At least all of your women arnt fat.

I thought all your women in Washington weren't women at all, but animals. At least that's what I thought with all the animal farm fucker stories from out of Washington lately.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I have to agree
I wanted to buy a good AK,
I found some good ones over in AZ. The guy who builds them was raised,educated,etc in riverside California His AKs are not on any ban list in CA.(you install the b.button, 10 rounder)yet this guy wont send to any ffl holder in CA.
Why, he just hates our policies,I guess he cant tell the gun owners from the politicians.
screw EVERYONE in the state, even people who you could make a buck off of.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top