Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2003 9:40:08 PM EDT
We rolled into Brownsburg last night, with $20 left. The U-Haul was getting 6 MPG, and that was the good mileage. We had to have someone wire us $ just so we could fill out the application at Stafford Pointe.
I love it here! I can't wait to get settled in and get things on an even roll.
Thanks to Quiet Shooter and Marion for the advice.
Now I have to save money for the gun show at the fairgrounds. Who else is going? I'd like to meet up with everyone if possible.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you made it okay. I bet it was a horrible drive, but WELL worth it. At least you're not under communist rule any longer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Best of luck, Boss.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Good on ya, mate.  Welcome to Freedom!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep us posted how you settle in?

Congrats on your move!

Tj
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to freedom!  A buddy and myself went and shot our AR's in honor of your arrival yesterday.  Needless to say hundreds of rounds were fired(a few from my 300 Weatherby,ouch!)

I am planning on being at the funshow on the 24th. Hope to see you there!

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
You IN guys are lucky, Boss Monkey is one of the good ones!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Boss, welcome to Plainfield!!!  Home of the Fighting Quakers. QuietShootr and I would love to get together with you sometime and show you around town.  If you need directions or need any info about town, just let one of us know.  
Marian
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You IN guys are lucky, Boss Monkey is one of the good ones!

Well then, in that case he should fit in just fine.

I will tell you a secret, I have lived in a lot of places, and there are good people everywhere I have been, but in Indiana, people really will pullover to help you on the side of the road.  It is a good place to raise kids too.  I am not from here originally, but after I left, I had  to come back!  Plus I married a true Hoosier.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Boss-Monkey,
          If you need to get into the show, no problem buddy. Did you get your stuff stored away?   I plan to attend,either Sat. or Sun. as I need to meet with the J&T guys and who ever.   Sunday is a good day,I try to catch the dealers like they catch me,LOL Deasperate!!!
   Lets all meet Saturday or Sunday!???
                               jerryboy
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry couldn't get to the library. We've been Top Ramen and PB&Jing it this past week. We couldn't get into our apartment and had to put all the stuff in storage, in Casleton. I won't get my reimbursment until Friday, then we'll get our apartment, but then I have to get a traier this weekend to move all our crap.
I put our last $3 into the car so we could get my social security card so when the check comes I can open a bank account to cash it. Then when we're at the storage space getting the card, we make the desperate decision to dig out my daughter's piggy bank, cut him open, and cash in the change. Now we finally have some $ for gas and food. We got almost $40 out of that pig.
If I can get all our stuff (or at least the big stuff and most of the boxes) into the apartment on Saturday, hopefully I can catch the show on Sunday. It's at the fairgrounds, right?
I look like Drew Carey with tattoos, should be easy to find.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#11]
And buy the way, things haven't been all bad. Work is good, the person we will report to is flying out Monday to take us to dinner and settle the details of our job, and the hotel has a jet bathtub my wife and I can fit in next to each other.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Are you actually in Plainfield yet?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:24:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Dang man, should give me a call,don't ever go needy. I live 40 minutes from ya. I was in plainfield shooting sullpy Mon and Tuesday. Use the cell phone # I gave ya, :)

Hoe to see ya at the show. I might try all 3 days.  Friday to meet pals,saturday to drool, and sunday to gew em on some prices! LOL jerryboy
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Boss Monkey come to the show friday night and we will feed you and your wife some hot dogs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#15]

QS:
Are you actually in Plainfield yet?

Weird (& OT)...

I'm always keeping an eye out for  new "overnight emergency shelters" because of my
never-ending thousand-mile quests in shitty vehicles. So I took a peek - there are TWO Plainfields in Indiana. One in Hendricks Co and one in La Porte Co.

Oh-yeah, congrats on your move to a free state Rich!
(Did they tell you about the "Invade Illinois" plan yet?)

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, well, we are the REAL Plainfield and stuff.  Home of the fighting quakers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, I haven't been to the library in two weeks. We are all moved into our aparment at Stafford Pointe. The corporate bosses came out (got a free dinner and two free lunches out of that) and set our job parameters. Now, it's just getting everything organized, getting the bills on schedule, and settling into everything. I couldn't make it to the gun show because of $. We sould be ok after the 10th, we'll start our bill cycle then. I have to start a resturaunt fund, so I can check out all these new places for me to eat. Ah, the power of Steak N' Shake.

Nope, haven't hear about invading IL.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Nope, haven't hear about invading IL.

It doesn't matter... it's too late anyway.

Illinois won - they invaded us!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top