Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 6:33:41 AM EDT
We all make jokes. Even though we know better, we say the wrong thing at the wrong time, just to be funny.

Being horribly insensitive and tasteless at the right time can get people laughing and talking.

We treasure our friends who are still our friends even when we are feeling petty and mean. We take turns being each other's victims.

I feel good about everyone I've met through Arfcom. You're all good men, women and your kids are cool.

Sometimes I don't like everything I see and hear, but I try to remember that it's not all about me. I don't let it change my outlook about people.

So how do we make the most of our friendships?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it's all about mutual respect.

'Accept' rather than 'Expect'.
Everyone who meets through these forums has some kind of special talent or interesting history.
We've all suffered hardships and triumphs in our lives.

As we meet and share a common interest, we are all equals.

That's how I try to enjoy this aspect of my life...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Well said.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
+1

Alittle smack talking is all in good fun provided that it is NEVER personal nor done with malicious intent.  

I just took at shot at KA3B in another post and I am not even sure if either of us know each other. It's all good times good peeps. GTGP

Most outdoor enthusiasts have a chrome plated heart burried deep inside a body of armor, not tacked onto their shirt sleeve.

I need to learn to spell so I don't have to edit so much
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]
OK I will volunterer for the victimization.

This thread is friggin GHEY!

Count me out of the group hug K?

[/smartass wiseguy]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK I will volunterer for the victimization.

This thread is friggin GHEY!

Count me out of the group hug K?

[/smartass wiseguy]

GHEY, huh? Funny how you were the one to bring that up. Never far from your mind, I'll bet.

You're gonna look silly, tied to a post in a pink tutu with an apple on your head for the kid's marksmanship contest.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea we all do it but not of us get away with it, when i tell a joke most people get a confused look on their face and reluctently agree instead of laughing.

Make some harmless little joke about making candle laterns out of fedcoat skulls and they get all pissy like it's a bad thing or something..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
That picture is just...well...homolicious! And wrong. Now I hafta go find a spoon to gouge my eyes out....aaaaarrggh
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#9]
LMFAO ^^^

GHEY, huh? Funny how you were the one to bring that up. Never far from your mind, I'll bet.

How can it be with all the heely feely faggotry that has been going on round here lately. I was beginning to wonder if this was the TX HTF or something.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Not every joke or comment is funny to everyone.

If the target of the joke or comment is offended the person making the joke or comment at the expense of another should be polite enough to apologize, remove the offensive statement, and make ammends.  There are however boundaries that should not be crossed when trying to make a joke.  Thick skin doesn't magically turn a truly offensive remark into something funny.

I myself got beat on a week ago Sunday for a comment I posted, I meant no offense by my remark, but offense was taken.  I was contacted by the offended party, I understood how and why they took offense and I immediately removed the post, apologized, and will make ammends in person when our mutual schedules collide.

People make mistakes, errors in judgement happen, but how you handle those instances makes all the difference in the world.

Now if you find yourself constantly stepping in it, then a good long look at yourself is indicated to help you find out why you keep screwing up and figure out what you can do to correct it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I find that the phrase "Just because you can doesn't mean that you should." covers a lot of ground.

In this case the addition of two  words fits well.  Just because you can doesn't mean that you should have to.

Bigscrun, you and I both spent our childhood and teenage years getting called fat, just because we were fat doesn't make the actions of the people calling us it right. Neither did the fact that just because we could let it roll of of our backs like water from a freshly Rain-Xd windshield (in my case it didn't always roll off and fights did happen over it)mean that we should have had to let it roll off.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I find that the phrase "Just because you can doesn't mean that you should." covers a lot of ground.

In this case the addition of two  words fits well.  Just because you can doesn't mean that you should have to.

Bigscrun, you and I both spent our childhood and teenage years getting called fat, just because we were fat doesn't make the actions of the people calling us it right. Neither did the fact that just because we could let it roll of of our backs like water from a freshly Rain-Xd windshield (in my case it didn't always roll off and fights did happen over it)mean that we should have had to let it roll off.

You can count me in on that.

But it's nice to be accepted by this group not because I'm handsome or rich.  Not because of my wealth or sense of humor.  Because we all share the passion for the 2nd Amendment and our firearms.  It shames me to think that we might have drove off one if not more of people who might made a difference here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#15]
You all can call me anything you want....

I have been called everything under the sun for the last 6 years by Nameless-faceless people, at least here I will know who most of you are when we sit down to eat somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

ANYTHING!!!!???

Christine Gregoire!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Ya'll are a bunch of damn pole smokers. Friggin coasties.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANYTHING!!!!???

Christine Gregoire!

www.governor.wa.gov/assets/img/gregoirepicture2.jpg

You missed this part...

at least here I will know who most of you are when we sit down to eat somewhere.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#19]
We all do it... I'm just as guilty as the next person. Apologies to anyone I've ever pissed off.

It's already been said here, have mutual respect for each other and don't get personal or malicious. I couldn't agree more.

Oh, and this thread is definitely ghey
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#20]
gotta say thanks to R-32 for introducing me to arfcom, and helping me build my first AR........ even though you guys are a bunch of gun-totin' wacko's.

glad to have gotten to meet many of you and be associated with a good group of people, its not often you can say ' I met em on the internet' and not be embarrassed! guess we all owe ED and GOATBOY a thanks for having this site.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I could probably get REALLY offended by most of the crap you guys say to me at shoots and get togethers...but I dont cause I know you're all assholes
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I could probably get REALLY offended by most of the crap you guys say to me at shoots and get togethers...but I dont cause I know you're all assholes

And R-32 is our leader
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Drama and "offensive" behaviour on the internet. Who da' thunk it.  

We now return you to our regular progamming.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You nailed it. The key to success.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck off.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Fuck off.

Shut the fuck up and go write a range report in the HSM 69 gr. Something more intelligent than "ammo good, duh."
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And R-32 is our leader

Like my sig line say!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck off.

Shut the fuck up and go write a range report in the HSM 69 gr. Something more intelligent than "ammo good, duh."

Buy some and write it yourself ya cheapskate.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By PCR-00:

Quoted:

And R-32 is our leader

Like my sig line say!

Yer missing a hyphen, dumbass
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#30]

It took you this long to notice?!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Wasn't a big deal until you brought attention to it!!

ETA: I was waiting for the right time to strike.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't a big deal until you brought attention to it!!

ETA: I was waiting for the right time to strike.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
mofak.com/tins_tales/Gen-Qtrs.wav

That guy needs to take the tampons out of his nose.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#35]
"Sensitivities" suck.  Liars suck more.  I've had a problem or two with being, um, "misunderstood".  When trying to communicate in a medium like this, where you can't see the other persons face, or hear the inflections in their voice, that normally convey the real meaning of what someone you're writing, you gotta help the reader.  That is where the emoticons come in really handy.

Also, just deciding that you will not be easily offended, and/or asking the writer of something exacly what they meant is much better than flying off the handle and getting all pissed off over possibly nothing.

Above all, learn to stop taking yourself too seriously if you have a problem with getting offended.  None of us is taking you too damn seriously, so why should you?

PS:  This is not meant to be any sort of comment whatsoever about the recent Big Time Drama, or those involved, we have had around here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
"Sensitivities" suck.  Liars suck more.  I've had a problem or two with being, um, "misunderstood".  When trying to communicate in a medium like this, where you can't see the other persons face, or hear the inflections in their voice, that normally convey the real meaning of what someone you're writing, you gotta help the reader.  That is where the emoticons come in really handy.

Also, just deciding that you will not be easily offended, and/or asking the writer of something exacly what they meant is much better than flying off the handle and getting all pissed off over possibly nothing.

Above all, learn to stop taking yourself too seriously if you have a problem with getting offended.  None of us is taking you too damn seriously, so why should you?

PS:  This is not meant to be any sort of comment whatsoever about the recent Big Time Drama, or those involved, we have had around here.

DiD YoU JuSt cAlL mE aN AsShOle!?!?!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Каждое и все всасывают шарики обезьяны. Вы.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
DiD YoU JuSt cAlL mE aN AsShOle!?!?!

No, not you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top